Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Nightlife / Vida Nocturna
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEW DUBLINER

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEW DUBLINER
    Posted: 01/February/2018 at 11:32
I was told on Tuesday that the New Dubliner at Corcovada is no more! A quick drive by seemed to confirm that the New Dubliner signs have gone and it's now just Corcovada Club. A massive rent increase is apparently the reason.

Word has it from someone who lives nearby is that they have taken new premises in Galé.

Can't find anything to confirm other than that Google Maps records it as closed.

Does anyone know for sure?
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Sponsored Links

Chloe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chloe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/February/2018 at 14:49
I can confirm that Wendy and Kevin have relocated the New Dubliner to premises in Gale. The reason was indeed a massive (300%) increase in rent. The landlords also wanted them to pay for refurbishment of the swimming pool and crazy golf as well as paying for the upkeep of these two facilities despite the fact that they are not allowed to use them. The landlords are MGM.
ClaireKildare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaireKildare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/February/2018 at 15:07
Good Luck to them both, hope the new place works out well for them.
ddbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/February/2018 at 15:29
I believe the 'New Dubliner' signs have been installed on the premises of the former(?) 'Curry Club'? That is, on the south side of Estrada da Galé, just east of that huge abandoned condo site.
Chloe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chloe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/February/2018 at 15:48
I thought that they had moved to next door to the curry club (house)
ddbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/February/2018 at 16:33
Chloe ..... You could very well be right. That's why I put a ? in the post, I'm not too familiar with that area. I usually just use that roadway when coming/going to Apolónia Supermarket from Montechoro, but I did see a sign, in that area, for the New Dubliner last week. I just remember it being close to the abandoned construction site, is all. Hope this helps.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/February/2018 at 10:06
That squares with what I was told by a friend who lives in Galé. MGM are seemingly continuing with their plan to destroy all competition.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Chloe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chloe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/February/2018 at 12:55
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

That squares with what I was told by a friend who lives in Galé. MGM are seemingly continuing with their plan to destroy all competition.

Sorry, Cubsur, you have got it a little wrong. Not only are MGM continuing with their plan to destroy all competition, they are trying ( and succeeding) to destroy Albufeira New Town. Their takeover bids know no bounds.
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/February/2018 at 15:15
Why would MGM want anything to do with a load of blocks of apartments in which the flats are privately owned? Not their usual business model?
moog0_4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moog0_4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/February/2018 at 12:53
Hi All,

The address has been changed on their Facebook page from Corcovada to
Estrada de Galé 8200-358 today . Sorry to see it relocating , but wishing for every success for them , in their new premises.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic