Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Local Transportation / Transportes Locais
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryanair delayed flight compensation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poundsix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ryanair delayed flight compensation
    Posted: 02/December/2017 at 10:38
Having just spent an uncomfortable 10 hours in Faro airport due to a broken down Ryanair plane, I wondered if any of the regular forum travelers going to and from the UK have had experience of making a compensation claim?
They seem to have uncomfortably keen to help? 10 Euro food and drink vouchers were provided quickly along with a sheet informing us of our rights to 400 Euro compensation, on finally arriving home an email with "Confirmation of Ryanair flight delay for insurance claim" attached was waiting.
In all of this there is no instruction on how to make the claim.
I suspect they want me to claim on my travel insurance to avoid them having to pay the full 400 Euro, or am I just being a bit cynical?
Has any body been here??
Sponsored Links

pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/December/2017 at 12:53
If you claim your travel insurance .... they will claim from Ryanair. Probably easier just to make the claim direct.  https://eu261expenseclaim.ryanair.com/

That didn`t work as a `blue` live link .... so just highlight it and right click.
Pyrman
Vino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/December/2017 at 08:43
I have made claims for delayed flights on a couple of occasions with Ryanair and it is very easy and straight forward doing it via the Ryanair website. Once you have submitted your claim you will receive the compensation in to the bank account that was used to book your flights within 7-10 days.
Alexfan View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2017 at 16:52
We claimed for our flight that was cancelled back in October, Ryanair paid out the compensation but not the expenses, still waiting for them to reply.
Poundsix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poundsix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2017 at 09:21
Thanks Alexfan. Did you use the EU261 form or go through travel insurance?
Alexfan View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2017 at 10:00
Hi I went through Ryanairs complaints page, also used Resolver through the Martin Lewis Money site
Poundsix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poundsix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2017 at 10:31
Thanks for all the advice, you were all correct. It is best to make the claim on the EU261 form, on the Ryanair site, and then if there is anything they don't pay for you can try and claim that off your travel insurance.
Form submitted and fingers crossed!!
Poundsix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poundsix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/December/2017 at 11:14
Just to round this one off. Got a very prompt reply from Ryanair to say they had received my claim and today a cheque for £705.00 dropped through the letter box! This means we will be back to Albufeira sooner than we thought. God bless Michael O'Leary! (Never thought I would say that)
Vino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/December/2017 at 11:38
Great news...glad we could all be of help. Always best to claim direct rather than a third party. Ryanair isn't that bad after all is it haha Smile
SherlockShinabarger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SherlockShinabarger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/August/2021 at 08:33
I see that some time has passed since your inquiry, but hopefully my answer could also help those who find themselves in a similar situation. Once I used Ryanair and the case was very similar to your Poundsix. There were technical problems regarding the plane, so I had to wait half the day! I already knew by then that I could claim compensation if there were similar problems with the plane. Also <a href=< ="text/">td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;} https://euflightcompensation.com/calculator/ - https://euflightcompensation.com/calculator/>https://euflightcompensation.com/calculator/<a> helped me a lot to calculate the approximate cost of compensation. With such calculators like this, you'll have a more exact idea of how much the airline owes you.
SherlockShinabarger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SherlockShinabarger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2021 at 09:58
I meant http://euflightcompensation.com/calculator/ - https://euflightcompensation.com/calculator/

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic