Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Hotels & Accommodations / Hoteis & Alojamentos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

News from the East

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: News from the East
    Posted: 18/November/2017 at 06:33
Haven't been able to log on for over a week but sorted out now.
Been here since Tuesday and the weather has been fantastic.
A few updates in this area.

1. Motorhome Park, Alfamar.
And now there are two.
A new one has sprung up in the next field but one to the existing one - Parque Caravanas Acosteias.
Virtually the same size and set up but obviously a different company.
Walked past yesterday and both were almost full so that's somewhere in the region of 120 motorhomes down there.
Noticeable that shops, bars and restaurants around the Alfamar that usually shut up in the Winter have remained open.
Quite a lot of people staying at the Alfamar too - must have been at least 100 on the beach plus a similar number round the pool area.
http://www.parquecaravanasacoteias.pt/en/

2. Ex Stella Maris Hotel
Now owned by the same group as owns the Adriana Beach Club further down the road it's now called Victoria Sport & Beach.
This is the hotel with the football pitch, the athletics track, tennis courts etc all of which are currently being refurbished. Looks like they in the process of laying a new surface on the running track which since the Stella Maris went bust had feel into disrepair, as had the football pitch and tennis courts.
http://www.ap-hotelsresorts.com/pt/hoteis/victoria-sport-beach

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Sponsored Links

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/November/2017 at 08:55
All good news for the area. The Stella Maris was a popular venue for visiting football teams because of the pitch there.

The motorhome park by the Stadium was also almost full when I walked past last Saturday,
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2017 at 20:58
As reported some weeks ago the Pine Cliffs are building 87 new apartments which should be completed next July. Work started in April this year.
These are being built near the entrance to the "resort" almost opposite Intermarche on what was previously an area of  pine trees.
The cheapest & smallest (a 74sqm Studio Apartment) is 505,000 Euro.
There are also larger 1 bed and 2 bed apartments (price unknown)
According to very reliable reports all 87 have now been sold.

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2017 at 22:01
Half a Mill for 74m2?
Bloody Nora, prices have rocketed! My neighbour had told me they had, fuelled by the French invasion. That said unless you’re buying , selling or realising.. it doesn’t matter much.
Andrew
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2017 at 23:01
Our place is about 100m along the road to the left in the bottom left hand corner of the screen cap.
It's bigger than 73sqm but worth a about one fifth of the Pine Cliffs apartments.
The biggest ones are 177sqm so they must be pushing 700 or 800k.
They built 170 others 2 years ago which have sea views and those went for between 800k and 1.2m each.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9p8yhVv7J0

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2017 at 14:50
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

All good news for the area. The Stella Maris was a popular venue for visiting football teams because of the pitch there.

A couple of pictures taken Sunday afternoon

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2017 at 14:52
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2018 at 21:23
As it looks now. Not finished yet but coming along.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic