Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oceanville

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oceanville
    Posted: 15/October/2017 at 17:44
Reading that Alpinus Falésia group are to open Oceanville hotel next March. Not sure if this is relevant to any people who lost deposits in that area.......
Sponsored Links

pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/October/2017 at 18:16
This is not the end ... nor is it the beginning of the end ... but it may be the end of the beginning ..
Pyrman
Jocelyn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocelyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/October/2017 at 16:52
Hi Pete, tried to google Alpinus to see if I could read that article....but couldn't find anything online....did you read that in a local newspaper or if you had the link, would you mind popping it up for me?
we are over this week, so have a wander up....
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/October/2017 at 16:57
It was being discussed on a fb group.
Jocelyn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocelyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/October/2017 at 17:00
thanks for reply:) my facebook OV contacts group is quiet, not heard a peep....
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/October/2017 at 09:08
Next March! They have a lot of work to do even to make the area presentable, let alone put right eight years of emptiness inside.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/October/2017 at 11:32
Isn’t it longer than that Tom?
We’ve had our place over ten years and I thought OV was as it is before then?
Andrew
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/October/2017 at 13:36
afternoon,i paid my deposit for an apartment at ov on november 2005.Been trying to get the money back since 2010 when i heard pluri had pulled out of project.Was previously allowed to stay until then.Great place could [should]be re-vamped like garden hill,next to colina do mar.Demand in Albufeira old town gone up ten fold.TERRY
Jocelyn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocelyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/October/2017 at 20:21
Hi Terry, yeah, we stayed a few times in OV from late 2007 until early 2009...fab place and still could be...maybe it's March 2019 or 2020...i'll see if there is any activity when I'm over...
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/October/2017 at 23:21
evening i still go to old town twice a year,March 18 seems a little early for ov but having seeing garden hill having a quick turn around?Dont know where that leaves people who have paid deposits,Terry
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2017 at 08:40
I was told that the old quinta opposite Arte bar .... between the similarly positioned Crowne Plaza and Cemeterio Velho .. has been sold. Anyone confirm .. ?
Pyrman
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2017 at 09:02
No I cannot, but unused land is being snapped up all over for speculative developments of luxury holiday apartments, many of which will probably never be finished. I though the bad old days of offering the local council inducements for building approvals were gone, but it seems not.

There was talk over a year ago of the marina stage 2 development re-starting but nothing has happened. Farm Village (what a misnomer if there ever was!) down by the marina has never been occupied despite having been more or less completed for several years.

Half built ruins will dot our landscape for years to come.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic