Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Monarch Airline, collapse?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/October/2017 at 11:48
Deep joy, our Birmingham flight is now going to take us to Gatwick! Then two hours before courtesy bus departs and then four hours to Birmingham, I don't think so. "Taxi!"
That said, credit to the CAA for how they're sorting this, there was always going to be inconvenience but given the enormity of the exercise we shouldn't complain.
Andrew
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/October/2017 at 12:03
Train?
Gatwick Airport to Birmingham New Street
2hrs 38 minutes
£128.60 for 2 people (£64.30 each)

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/October/2017 at 13:38
There's four of us and we had taxi booked from B'ham, so we only have to pay difference, £130, split four ways, and delivered to our door... no brainer.
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/October/2017 at 20:48
I'm seeing press reports of how well the replacement repatriation flight exercise is going but.... ours, today, was the absolute pits. Treated like cattle just about covers it. Told to be there at least three hours prior to flight at 10.00am, so we get there at 6.30am. They didn't open check in until 9.30!!! Three hour wait and clearly no way we were going at ten. They then changed the departure to 11.05, we went at 12.30, six hours after we got to the airport complying with instructions... there's more but life is too short and you get the drift.
Absolute dire organisation, we were treated with total disdain, it'll be interesting to see if the Press continue to only find complimentary stories.
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic