Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Events & Local Activities / Eventos & Actividades Locais
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New years eve

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/November/2017 at 20:03
Originally posted by Andrew Andrew wrote:

Yes but those takers are ‘corporate’ takers/punters which somewhat changes the goal posts, when ‘corporate’ are paying, be it reward or to impress, it’s easy to truck up. Compare that to paying for yourself out of taxed income... quite a different proposition.

For the majority of pepple who stay there it' s pretty normal and they wouldn't bat an eyelid at 280 for New Years Eve.

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Super Bock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super Bock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/December/2017 at 07:11
Zé from Xutos has sadly passed away, so they will be looking for a new headline for NYE. I can’t imagine the rest of the band playing without him.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/December/2017 at 08:17
Aargh and at this short notice that's not going to be easy!
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/December/2017 at 09:27
Originally posted by DICEYUK DICEYUK wrote:

Originally posted by Andrew Andrew wrote:

Yes but those takers are ‘corporate’ takers/punters which somewhat changes the goal posts, when ‘corporate’ are paying, be it reward or to impress, it’s easy to truck up. Compare that to paying for yourself out of taxed income... quite a different proposition.

For the majority of pepple who stay there it' s pretty normal and they wouldn't bat an eyelid at 280 for New Years Eve.

That majority is corporate from the get go. They are business people and professionals so in their position are you going to pay with your business or your personal card? Through the business you recover your VAT/ IVA and your paying with money that hasn’t already had your personal tax, your NI’s, the company’s NI contribution taken from it (which applies if it’s your business as it’s still your money).If you take a guest, ie, legit entertaining, you don’t have to put it down as a benefit in kind.
If the bill was £1000, how much would you have to earn to pay that? Depends on your tax rate but considerably more, probably half as much again. If your business is paying the £1000 less the VAT, as you claim it back, less the NIC’s, considerably less, safe to say that way it’s half the price at least and if you own the business it’s your money anyway so you’re managing your finances and tax bills and getting the same product/service for half the price. No brainer.
Andrew
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/December/2017 at 09:39
Originally posted by Super Bock Super Bock wrote:

Zé from Xutos has sadly passed away, so they will be looking for a new headline for NYE. I can’t imagine the rest of the band playing without him.

Sad news, but the obit I read in the Noticias said he passed after a long illness, so maybe the band have contingency plans?
Go away Duchatalet
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/December/2017 at 11:08
The point I was trying to make was that if you a regular holiday maker who can afford to stay there, not just at New Year, but any time of the year, then 280 euro for a night out wouldn't be a problem. In fact it's probably loose change for most of their customers.
Very few people who stay there ever complain about the prices they are charged - 5 euro for a can of coke/bottle of water. 8 euro for a small beer or ice cream, 15 euro per day for wi-fi, 60 euro a day to send your kid to the junior club, 14 euro for your kid to take part in the daily football match, at least 150 euro for dinner for 2 etc
I'm sure there will be a lot of corporate clients but there but there will be plenty of "normal" people staying there over Xmas and New Year who would not find it too extortionate to attend that particular event.

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/December/2017 at 16:42
Portuguese rock band Xutos & Pontapés are to honour their commitment to playing New Year’s Eve in Albufeira, without guitar player, Zé Pedro, who died last month.

It will be the band’s first concert without the legendary guitar player. Reports state the band will play as a foursome and without an extra musician to substitute Zé Pedro.

Alexfan View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/December/2017 at 13:50
Great news, we arrive again tomorrow for 5 nights Cool
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/December/2017 at 19:04
The stage is nearly finished...

Meanwhile visitors enjoying a bit of sunshine and as you can see a few children were playing in the sand. Around 4pm this afternoon.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic