Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Events & Local Activities / Eventos & Actividades Locais
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New years eve

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New years eve
    Posted: 21/August/2017 at 13:43
Gotta be a wind up posting this early..........

Sponsored Links

Patti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/August/2017 at 14:50
Well I have already booked my New Year's Eve gala ball !
But then I LOVE planning / booking ahead ,
A tad early I know ....
cameroncleggout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/August/2017 at 15:13
Its only 19 weeks away, be next summer season before you know it
cameronout
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/August/2017 at 16:10
The headline band have been on before. One of Portugal's longest established rock bands.

I have taken the liberty of moving this to the events listing in part 2.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/August/2017 at 16:13
Nothing I can see on council website so who knows something?
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/August/2017 at 16:50
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

The headline band have been on before. One of Portugal's longest established rock bands.

And pretty good too. I have a couple of their CD's and a live concert DVD.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Richardk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/August/2017 at 18:35
Christmas
New Year
Bah humbug!!!
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/September/2017 at 19:45
Confirmed by The Portugal News
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2017 at 15:09
Adjacent to the 4th tee at Pine Cliffs Golf Course is their football pitch.
Not quite full size but probably three quarter size.
4 large mobile cranes were parked on it when I played golf last Monday so wondered what was going on.
Played again yesterday and they are constructing a massive building on it that takes up pretty much the whole of the football pitch.
This is constructed of steel frame to which they attaching some sort of solid sheeting.
When we got back to the Clubhouse we naturally inquired as to what it was going to be.
Believe it or not, it is a temporary building for use on New Years Eve only.
They are having a full blown Circus in it together with dinner, other entertainment and the whole works.
After that the building will be taken down and removed.
If anyone wants to go it's 280 Euro per head and they reckon they'll get 1,000 people in it.
Anyway, went back this morning and took a few snaps of it.

https://www.pinecliffs.com/pt/events/grand-circus-pine-cliffs/

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2017 at 16:47
€280 a head!! I can drink nearly 100 pints for that. I will give that one a miss I think.
Albufeira Resident

A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2017 at 18:35
Wow €280 I think I'll stick to standing at the top of the escalators with a €10 bottle of procecco at midnight watching the display and doing a few pubs beforehand 🙈
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2017 at 19:27
Cheap by their standards. The summer gala they have in August each year is over 500 Euro for the full treatment and they are never short of punters. Fair play to them though they do know how to make money..
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2017 at 20:02
Yes but those takers are ‘corporate’ takers/punters which somewhat changes the goal posts, when ‘corporate’ are paying, be it reward or to impress, it’s easy to truck up. Compare that to paying for yourself out of taxed income... quite a different proposition.
Andrew
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/November/2017 at 11:25
Be fair. Fat cats need somewhere to take their pussy.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/November/2017 at 08:57
The quality of this conversation is on the slide already I see.

Smile

Any business types around here willing to host a table ?

No. I thought not. On well, swilling beer all night in the alehouse will have to do.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic