Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Hotels & Accommodations / Hoteis & Alojamentos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another one going

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
R100ELP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote R100ELP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another one going
    Posted: 17/July/2017 at 13:09
I have to say that the only advantage of AI was when the kids were young so come mealtimes if they didn't like their 1st choice they just went an picked something else although trying to remember to stop them taking a drink of "Daddys special coke" at 10 oclock in the morming did become a little stressful.
I am booked to go to SolAqua later this year for the 2nd and now probably the last time. I am finding it difficult to fit in all my favourite eating places now in a 1 week holiday so will probably have to stay for longer from now on. Anyone who thinks an AI holliday is required here really doesn't grasp the idea of a holiday. Its about trying a new variety of things in a variety of different places. Not eating in the same place at the same seat with the same strangers and never leaving the hotel. Yes we could do with a few more bits of evening entertainment along with more reasonable hotel drink prices if they want more income but I for one prefair to share the wealth.
Sponsored Links

cameroncleggout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2017 at 10:37
Its amazing just how many Hotels have their main Bar situated well inside the building, I can`t understand why they are not based on the street side of the hotel in an attempt to get at least a bit of passing trade.
cameronout
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2017 at 09:02
Perhaps put them in red coats and have a sing-along as well? Smile

Entertainment for anyone under the age of 25  (and many of those older) is on a lttle screen in front of them. They might just as well stay at home.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/July/2017 at 19:29
If the hotels want to attract and keep a crowd they should pick up where the holiday companies left off - ie put some entertainment on for all ages. Its not hard to find a funny character and plonk him by the pool for morning water-robics etc.
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/July/2017 at 18:14
The hotels are not mad about it either - it's the UK holiday industry trying to keep themselves in a job. Which you can't blame them for really, but when you hear the inside track on how they are run (by accountants) you can see why there is no imagination in their efforts to keep their trade going in the age of DIY holiday. It's all they can come up with, anyone with an alternative idea would no doubt be shouted down...  
Go away Duchatalet
Linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/July/2017 at 17:08
Originally posted by tonisdad tonisdad wrote:

I for one have never got the gist of all inclusive.
Fair enough if you are in a dodgy place like Mexico Dominican Republic Jamaica come to mind.
But who really wants to eat the same food in the same dining hall, do the same thing day in day out?
Each to their own but not for me.

Not for me either. 
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/July/2017 at 14:00
I for one have never got the gist of all inclusive.
Fair enough if you are in a dodgy place like Mexico Dominican Republic Jamaica come to mind.
But who really wants to eat the same food in the same dining hall, do the same thing day in day out?
Each to their own but not for me.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/July/2017 at 09:09
Cannot be stopped. It is an easy way to make money from those who don't have the imagination to step outside the four walls of the hotel. They don't care where they are so long as the beer is cheap and the sun is shining. Just don't tell them the cattle class treatment they will get and no free beach bars.

Luckily there are enough people, at the moment anyway, who come here and who have some notion of of going on holiday apart from drinking  themselves stupid.

But perhaps in 10 years the place will be a ghost town apart from the all inclusives and hundreds will be out of work, but that is progress so far as the industry wants it.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
bob657 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob657 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2017 at 23:44
Solaqua apartments another one going all inclusive as from next year. Please stop this all inclusive intrusion. Think about all the lovely restaurants and bars.I have heard all the staff have to reapply for there jobs. Please don't ruin my holiday destination.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic