Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Notes on the City Council / Recados à Autarquia
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMI Tax demand

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Carpenter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IMI Tax demand
    Posted: 22/June/2017 at 11:56
We are still waiting to be sent our IMI tax demands. We visited the Albufeira Rates Office in Mid May to be told that as UK tax payers they had been delayed and would be sent out in early June. We explained we would not be in Portugal again until July and were then asked to fill in forma so the Rates demand would be sent to our UK address. Now 22nd of June and still no Rates demand.

Anyone else going through this and any advice as we were told if not paid by the end of June we would be fined!
Sponsored Links

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2017 at 13:02
You can check your status on line if you register for access to the Finanças portal.

http://www.portaldasfinancas.gov.pt/at/html/index.html but it not available in English.

But I had to ask for new password which I mistakenly asked for by post and am still waiting 10 days later.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Steve Carpenter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Carpenter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2017 at 13:27
Thanks Cabsur

Took a look and fell at the first hurdle but that's my fault for not learning enough of the language. My Portuguese bank now boasts it is in English so I clicked on the link as it was! Then clicked on a subject and went back to Portuguese! So as I say must try to learn some more but it is hard for an oldun.
Chris-Wiltshire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris-Wiltshire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2019 at 17:03
Up to now, our IMI demand has arrived in the UK by post around 22nd March, but nothing so far this year. Has anyone else in Albufeira, who has their demand sent to the UK, received anything yet? Or any news on IMI in general, such as the council cancelling it?!!
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2019 at 17:54
Good shout. No, we haven’t received or heard anything.
We get ours, usually March, June and November, but nothing yet. Sod’s law now says it will arrive tomorrow!
Andrew
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2019 at 18:37
Over here, wife's comes by post and mine by email alert. Neither has come
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2019 at 18:41
Got mine last week.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
Steve Carpenter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Carpenter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2019 at 19:18
Nothing received in UK yet.

Expect it will go out late again and then be fined for not paying it before we received it like 2 years ago when they sent it in June for payment by end of April !!!!

For the life of me I cannot understand why they will not allow for an annual variable direct debit to be set up from my Portuguese bank account.

Lovely, lovely people but an old adage about organising a party in a brewery come to mind.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2019 at 20:06
Not had ours yet and there's nothing showing on the Financas website for 2018.
Usually we get it in the post around 14th/15th March.
Strange when the charge is for the period 1st Jan to 31st Dec and yet here we are almost in April and they still haven't sent it.
But then again, it's probably not strange at all Wink
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/March/2019 at 14:16
We always get ours early. Think it’s because ours comes through our accountant.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/March/2019 at 18:55
There's been a thread going on facebook regarding folks not receiving their IMI and some folks have said they have now changed the 1st payment to May.Whether its true is another thing.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/March/2019 at 09:47

Also IMI of between €100 and €500 can now be paid in two instalments, more than €500 can be made in three. And for the first time by direct debit.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
ajmandon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajmandon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/March/2019 at 10:10
Brilliant link Cubsur, thanks very much.....

ALSO

In the item is a link to another post that describes how IMI (and other taxes, possibly including car tax!) can be paid by Direct Debit.    I never knew/didn't think this was possible, so may be new. Any way , a great find and for many should/will avoid the added stress of remembering when payments are due / the risk of late payment penalties!

Now just need to follow the helpful guide!.....
Chris-Wiltshire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris-Wiltshire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2019 at 14:18
Thank you, that has made it crystal clear.
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2019 at 23:52
wow, are they learning that a direct debit is much easier for folks to pay their IMI and of course  end of day they are being  paid direct without any correspondence /posting on bills etc. Do  you have to register for this on  financas website??
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic