Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Local attractions / Locais de diversões
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ALBUFEIRA MARINA - WHAT'S THERE?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5,00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/December/2017 at 08:11
Originally posted by sidsmum sidsmum wrote:

I don't think anyone has mentioned this.....
on the lower level, unit 1 or 2 (next door but one to Sharkys) a decent size Spar supermarket opened a few months ago.

Well I missed that one, very good to know. Must have been fairly recently. I will check it out myself asap.

It does seem like more people are moving in down there, so all being well it won't be a summer venue.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/December/2017 at 09:13
We treat it as an unfound corner of Albufeira, it’s a great atmosphere down there and we love the lounger bars for a drink and people watching. We always knew that it would only grow in time so that’s good for the vendors.
It’s really following what happened at Vilamoura, that took about 15 years to get established.
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/May/2018 at 18:36
Updated the information in first post following a walk around 11th May. A few changes, some coming and goings. Of most use to people will be the new MEU SUPER(market) on the road level.

A new 'daring ride' is under construction down by the water.

Sharky's was busy, a load of p***heads in there. The neighbouring Deck 51 Club and Lounge has closed down. Mostly unchanged down there.
Albufeira Resident

AlgarveFlat.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlgarveFlat.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2018 at 12:55
Thanks for the post, very useful, including the updates.
stuart123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuart123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/September/2018 at 11:05
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/September/2018 at 09:38
I shall be watching out of my window with some interest. The people in those nice houses up on the hill are just going love years of dust and noise.
Albufeira Resident

bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2019 at 12:47
I see ‘Fat Cats at the Marina’ are advertising for staff.

I take it this is a new bar opening up at the Marina by the ever popular Fats Cats bar near the worms roundabout.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/May/2019 at 18:24
Confirming the above, Fat Cats at the marina is open.

May 2019 update restored at post number 1. Only a few changes since last year. The bungee jump has gone.
Albufeira Resident

bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/May/2019 at 21:02
Indeed, nice lady standing at corner on way to Marina handing out flyers for Fat Cats.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/June/2020 at 13:13
Checked out the marina earlier. Not quite everywhere is open. I noted that Pipa's, Contramestre, Café Gazzetto, gate 4 and My café were all  closed, with no sign when or if they might re-open.

I have updated the first post in this topic to show the situation as it stands.

All the children's rides, segways, mini karts etc are not available.

Most of the boat trips are not operating. All the kiosks were closed except for wishndfish and Xride. I did spot one small boat going out, only about half full and everyone wearing masks. Something to bear in mind if you plan on such activity later this year.

And a big shiny new boat awaiting customers.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/June/2020 at 19:59
These strange craft are now moored at the marina, down at the SPAR end. The flag says The Houseboat Company.

Meanwhile the marina as a whole is still very quiet. A few boat trips are running but most boats are still laid up. The places like Pipa's that I reported as closed a few days ago are still closed.

Albufeira Resident

Richardk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/June/2020 at 21:44
Thanks for update Tom. We went down there this week  to Fat Cats but very few people about
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/June/2020 at 11:22
Strange houseboats.  More like a shed on a couple of canoes.  And where will they go with those outboard motors?  They appear to have next to no draught so they'll wallow like the devil in lively water.
Interesting tbough. Thanks for the photo's.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/June/2020 at 15:20
Maybe they are going to build a canal overland to Lisboa because thats about they are useful for. LOL
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/July/2020 at 16:07
The Ten Pin bowling alley is open again. Obviously strict rules about numbers, wearing masks etc but prices are lower than they were. One game €5 per person, two games €7,50.

The places I marked as not open a while back remain closed.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic