Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Local attractions / Locais de diversões
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ALBUFEIRA MARINA - WHAT'S THERE?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5,00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ALBUFEIRA MARINA - WHAT'S THERE?
    Posted: 16/May/2017 at 16:44
Partly updated 3rd March 2024. Won't be completely updated until May when any changes for summer 2024 will have become obvious.

Updated 2nd June 2023. Very few changes from last summer. These are highlighted  in bold.

#Beware using these ATM's with a non Euro card. Poor rate of exchange plus they charge a commission. Use Mutibanco to avoid these charges.

Top level - ie the road. The Orada apartments are directly behind this row of shops.

West to east ie from the roundabout going towards town.

1 - empty
2 - Algar Opportunity Property Management
3 and 4 - empty
5 - Joanna Marquês physiotherapy
6 - souvenir shop, no name sign
7 - Beauty Respect ladies hairdresser
8 - 11 - Urban Sky Group estate agents
12 – Rebell hair and beauty
13 – Albu Pesca fishing gear and bait
14 - empty
15 - 17 empty
18 - Direct Homes Holiday Rentals
19 - 21 empty
22 - Alex barber shop
23 - Zen beauty and massage
24 - Inédita gift shop
25 - empty
26 - 27 Marina corner café
28 - Pharmacia Caudalie
29 - Corte-me o Pèlo - pet grooming
30 - 8th Art designer fashion
31 - Fat Cats ticket shop
32 - ATM Multibanco
33 and 34 Orada Apartments reception
35 - Garvetur Travel Agents
36 to 40  - Meu Super small supermarket open 0800 - 2000 every day Express ATM there also
41 - empty
42 - empty
43 - Lazer Communications (internet for homes)
44 - 56 empty
57 - office premises, no name sign

Taxi rank has moved to the other side of the road here, opposite the shops and the building site.

LOWER LEVEL ie by the water

marina_1

These are not numbered in the same way as the upper level so I have gone by doorways. Again, west to east going towards the town and sea. This is a pedestrian zone.

All the bars and cafés now have free wifi for customers. PT wifi is available in the whole area but you need an account. There are several Euronet ATM's down here. USE WITH CAUTION! High commission charges. Many of the cafés, bars and restaurants below are not open during winter.

There is the public washing machine place, with 2 washers and a drier, under a shelter.

1 and 2 - Small SPAR supermarket 0800 - 2000 every day has Euronet ATM #.
OPPOSITE Spar is the West End Terrace Burgers, Pizza  and drinks.
3 - NIKAIA Restaurant
4 - Luxury Fitness Boutique and gym
5 - Sharky's Bar
6  - Elite Lashes Eyelash extensions
7 - Fat Cats (bar) at the Marina
8, 9 and 10 - No Solo Italian Restaurant
Entrance to marina car park and karting area - karting website http://www.algarvekarting.com
11 - "The Cake Shop"
12 and 13 - SAAD 'Concept Bar' Shisha, Cocktails, Food
14 - 15 -  Wine and Sushi - Japanese eatery
16 to 20 - Algarve Ten Pin Bowling http://www.algarvebowling.com/ 'Strikers Bar' and Euronet ATM . Opposite here are some rides etc for younger children
21 - Pica da Brasa takeaway
22 - Agua y Sal Mexican Grill
23 to 25– 'Jack's Irish Pub'
26 and 27 - Tasca Portuguesa restaurant
28 - Tango decor and souvenirs
OPPOSITE Tango is the Belize Café
between 28 and 29 is a Euronet ATM
29 - Algar Experience Boat trips shop
30 - El Barrio Tapas and Cocktails
31 - empty
32 - Ristorante San Martinho
33 34 - Seacre Tours boat trips and kayak rental
35 36 - Easydivers Dive Centre diving shop and Easydream boat trips
37 and 38 - Paragrafo bar
39 - empty then another entrance to parking, karting etc, also toilets.
38 - Gate 4 café/bar and Dreamwave Algarve Boat tours
39 - Algarve Boat Charters.
40 to 43- Pippa's Fun Bike, scooter and Segway rental, Pipa's park children's play area (not free!) Pippa's bowling (2 short lanes) and across the open space are all the stands of the various marine excursion companies.

On the corner is the boarding point for many of the boat trips.

Other Supermarkets near the marina area

Nearest – Intermarché, open 0830 – 2000 every day except 25th December and 1st January.

A few minutes uphill walk. Other, larger, stores are 2 - 3km distant in town. Map at http://www.algarvebus.info/images/roundabouts.jpg – the marina area is at the bottom left.

TRANSPORT

TAXI RANK – LOCATED AT THE TOP LEVEL NEAR THE MINIMARKET. IF NO TAXIS THERE, CALL (+351) 289 583 230

UBER AND BOLT OPERATE AROUND ALBUFEIRA

BUS SERVICE FROM MARINA INTO OLD TOWN, CÂMARA (Town Hall) and main Bus Station

LOCAL GIRO BUS SERVICE TO AND FROM OLD TOWN ETC
Contactless payments are not accepted.

ROUTE 3 TO OLD TOWN (AVENIDA DA LIBERDADE), CÂMARA (Town Hall) and MAIN BUS STATION - times in full at http://www.algarvebus.info/albufeira_giro_3.htm

About every 30 minutes every day from 0736 to 1956, may run later in summer.

ROUTE 7 to RUA CORONEL ÁGUAS (near old town) and MAIN BUS STATION. Does NOT go right down into the old town. Runs every hour on weekdays, every two hours at weekends and holidays - times at http://www.algarvebus.info/albufeira_giro_7.htm

Cash fare on the bus is €2,00 to anywhere in town. Therefore for three or more people a taxi or Uber is often cheaper. There is a pre paid pass available reducing the fare to €1,60 but this itself costs €3 for the card and can at present only be obtained at the bus station. There is no longer a daily ticket.

In the other direction route 8 goes to São Rafael, Galé, Salgados, Vale de Parra and Guia, once every hour on weekays, every two hours on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays. Times at http://www.algarvebus.info/albufeira_giro_8.htm

Bus stop location Map - http://www.algarvebus.info/images/Varzea-da-Orada.JPG

BUSES TO OTHER PLACES

VAMUS Route 13 to Armação de Pêra, Porches, Lagoa and Portimão passws through the marina area and now stops there, at the same place as the GIRO buses. Bus service is very limited with almost nothing at weekends. Times at www.algarvebus.info/002w.htm

To go anywhere else, you must first go to the main bus station in town.

TUK TUKS

Tuk-tuks line up at the eastern entrance to the marina, where the road swings around towards the fishing harbour, ready for gullible tourists who think they work like taxis.

BOAT TRIPS

This list may not be 100%, but here are several companies operating boat trips etc from Albufeira marina. Many operate only in summer eg May to October.  Reservation is required for some trips and is always a good idea as trips are often full. You can do this on line at some companies, at one of the ticket shops dotted around town or down at the marina  itself.

There is a row of booths at the seaward end of the marina.

Grouped by type of activity as per the various leaflets etc I collected.

Cruise and Sailing - I have checked the links to websites. All work as of 2nd June 2023.

belize_3

www.algarvecharters.com - you can charter a boat for a day or half day. Yacht Finismar.
www.algarve-cruises.com – Yacht Amorita
www.dreamwavealgarve.com – Leãozinho 'Pirate Ship'.
Jetboat Algarve - very fast ride!

https://easydreamcharters.pt/

Oceaneye - http://oceaneyealgarve.pt/ - glass bottomed boat

oceaneye boat

Caves and Coastline

www.algarve-cruises.com – Yacht Amorita
Boat Alzirinha - find on Facebook

http://www.seacret-tours.com

www.dreamwavealgarve.com

marina_belize_boat

Parasailing and Jet ski-ing

www.algarexperience.com
www.dreamwavealgarve.com

Fishing trips

www.algarexperience.com

www.algarveboatcruises.com/

www.wishandfish.pt

Yacht Bachelor – Facebook page, no website.

Beach Barbeque

www.algarexperience.com

Dolphins search (no guarantees you will actually see one!)

www.algarexperience.com
www.dolphins.pt

Their boat

www.dreamwavealgarve.com – cruiser Dreamer 1

dreamer_boat
http://www.algarveboatcruises.com/

http://www.seacret-tours.com

Jet Boat / high speed rides

http://www.algarveboatcruises.com/
JetBoatAlgarve

www.dreamwavealgarve.com

I hope this will help future visitors.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Sponsored Links

Cooknoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cooknoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2017 at 17:43
Thanks very much for this Cubsur. I am sure many people will find this very useful (myself included).
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/May/2017 at 09:20
Brilliant Tom ... putting a link to this report on my Albufeira Guide site  ...
Pyrman
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/May/2017 at 11:46
Added to my bookmarks. Thanks Tom.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
stuart123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuart123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/May/2017 at 09:27
I've been told the existing empty units next door to Sharkeys will be a new bar/restaurant - there was building work going on in April.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/May/2017 at 10:18
Originally posted by stuart123 stuart123 wrote:

I've been told the existing empty units next door to Sharkeys will be a new bar/restaurant - there was building work going on in April.

No activity visible when I went past. Another bar restaurant, as if there weren't enough for the 6 months business a year?
Albufeira Resident

tiganut View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiganut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/May/2017 at 08:25
French style establishment,so they tell me.
He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/June/2017 at 10:56
Lots of activity yesterday in those units next to Sharky's also new decking being installed outside. I have upadted the top item with a couple of new pictures taken yesterday afternoon. I was able to see the bungee jump in action on my way back from Salgados.

I wouldn't do this if you paid me double. A young woman was at the end of the rope as it were. Another pic

She had four or five bounces, seemed to be left dangling in the air head down for a while then was gently lowered to earth.

Albufeira Resident

ClaireKildare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaireKildare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/June/2017 at 12:25
Oh dear, my 21 year old son is there at the moment, hope he does not try that!!

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/August/2017 at 09:48
Updated the list at the top, three new enterprises have opened while I was away. I wonder how long they will last?
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/August/2017 at 09:49
Originally posted by stuart123 stuart123 wrote:

NIKAIA - restaurant, wine bar, tapas it says on the notices.
Albufeira Resident

cameroncleggout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/August/2017 at 15:46
My daughter did the Bungee in Ayia Napa when she was just 13 years old. Frightened me to death just looking up to the top of the crane
cameronout
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/August/2017 at 12:06
There was a group indulging on Tuesday while Iwas down there. I don't know what it costs.
Albufeira Resident

sidsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/November/2017 at 22:12
I don't think anyone has mentioned this.....
on the lower level, unit 1 or 2 (next door but one to Sharkys) a decent size Spar supermarket opened a few months ago.

A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/December/2017 at 00:12
the marina looks really impressive comapired to say 5 years ago ..... its a mini village, now most of the units are in use, I had a walk down in my last visit and it was very steady had a pint or 2 in sharkeys lots of people spending money in the various outlets ,  and used the bowling alley good day out all in all 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic