Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Finding work in Albufeira / Trabalhar em Albufeira
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAdvice needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice needed
    Posted: 21/March/2017 at 12:47
Hey people me and 2 friends are coming over to albufeira in June for 6 months we have the accomadation sorted and we have money behind us, we will be looking for jobs straight away. Is there any things we need to get while we are out there to work?
Also any advice about how to get work out there would be greatly appricieated.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links

peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/March/2017 at 13:06
To work non cash in hand you need a fiscal/contribuinte number (like a vat number in uk) and you need a social security number (same as national insurance number in uk). These are relatively easy to get at no cost from 2 different places. I'd search for any bar/restaurant web sites or places on facebook so you can maybe get in touch with some folk b4 you arrive. Type anything 'algarve or albufeira' on facebook and you might find some job sites too. We always need staff throughout the year so get back to me nearer the time. You are unlikely to be offered work that will go beyond the middle of october
stokes36129 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/March/2017 at 13:10
Thakyou for your swift reply that is great help i know where you are located as well as iv'e been there before so will defitinley pop and see you i have 20 years experience in restaurant and bar work so hopefully will find something.

Kind regards

Michael
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2017 at 07:55
As you are staying beyond the 90 days allowed for tourists, officially you need to register with the local SEF office or council to become a temporary resident. I don't know though if people in a similar situation actually bother.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2017 at 09:56
PM me with your address and I`ll send an Albufeira Pocket guide, which lists most hotels, bars and restaurants, as well as transport, etc ... and you can get a head start ... by looking up their websites, facebook, etc, where many will advertise jobs, or when they are recruiting ... don`t expect huge wages though.
Pyrman
stokes36129 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/March/2017 at 08:24
Thanks for the replies, we want to do this properly so could you tell me where the local SEF office or council are located please.
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/March/2017 at 08:53
The SEF office is in Rua Dos Tordos, easiest way to find it is to head north at the Watches Roundabout, take the first left and go straight on along the short one way street (about 40 metres long ) as you get to the T-junction, it's on the opposite side of the road at about one o'clock.  
Go away Duchatalet
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic