Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Restaurants & Portuguese Cuisine / Restaurantes & a Comida
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEating out and enteratinment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/November/2016 at 15:27
Originally posted by bob d bob d wrote:

Been to Indian Restaurants all over the UK and I'll tell you what, the Indian Sizzler and the Spice Lounge in Albufeira are up there with the best of them.

I have never had an Indian meal in India so don`t know what an actual "Indian" should taste like to be classed as authentic.But have to agree on the Indian Sizzler had 2 visits there and thoroughly enjoyed not only that it does not reek like some I have walked by in Albufeira.

carolenclive View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/November/2016 at 15:50
Originally posted by tonisdad tonisdad wrote:

Originally posted by bob d bob d wrote:

Been to Indian Restaurants all over the UK and I'll tell you what, the Indian Sizzler and the Spice Lounge in Albufeira are up there with the best of them.

I have never had an Indian meal in India so don`t know what an actual "Indian" should taste like to be classed as authentic.But have to agree on the Indian Sizzler had 2 visits there and thoroughly enjoyed not only that it does not reek like some I have walked by in Albufeira.

Never been to India but have been spoilt by living in a high immigrant area of Oldham for 30yrs or more and attended many Indian and Pakistani weddings.The food is usually prepared at the Temple or Mosque and is unlike food served in your local curry house.Bangladeshi food is my favourite and Indian Brahmin vegetarian is wonderful. We now live in Rossendale and there are no decent Asian restaurant so we have to travel to Manchester to one of our favourite curry cafes in the Northern Quarter.I do cook curry at home as I had lots of lessons off my Asian friends and neighbours.
caz
Wireman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/November/2016 at 16:54
I don't get the Indian Sizzler thing. We tried there on the recommendations on here a year or so ago and didn't rate it at all. Two completely different curries ordered with very different spiciness tasted exactly the same. Oh and swimming in butter. Currently the best imo is Curry Leaves, St Eulalia area recommended to us by Sanjay and Priya formerly of Tiffanys Indian restaurant who have moved to London.
Regular Visitor
tonisdad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/November/2016 at 17:21
Originally posted by Wireman Wireman wrote:

I don't get the Indian Sizzler thing. We tried there on the recommendations on here a year or so ago and didn't rate it at all. Two completely different curries ordered with very different spiciness tasted exactly the same. Oh and swimming in butter. Currently the best imo is Curry Leaves, St Eulalia area recommended to us by Sanjay and Priya formerly of Tiffanys Indian restaurant who have moved to London.

Akil of Curry leaves is opening a new place at what was Annabelles. It is going to be buffet style with different buffet choices each night. I think he is opening after the winter now...will ask him when I see him...might be quite novel as you would be able to try something differnt without having to buy the whole dish.
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/November/2016 at 17:28
We saw the signs for the daily Indian buffet thing when we were on a morning walk a couple of weeks back at a restaurant on St Eulalia. Thought - "that looks good". Went there one evening a few days later, and the buffet signs were gone. Just the ordinary menu up as far as we could see.
Go away Duchatalet
tonisdad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/November/2016 at 17:49
Originally posted by Algarveaddick Algarveaddick wrote:

We saw the signs for the daily Indian buffet thing when we were on a morning walk a couple of weeks back at a restaurant on St Eulalia. Thought - "that looks good". Went there one evening a few days later, and the buffet signs were gone. Just the ordinary menu up as far as we could see.

Perry from what I could gather they were going to open as the buffet option but things took a bit longer than expected and the main season was about finished so they tried to get the last couple of weeks just doing normal.
The Daughter and myself were looking forward to it like yourselves
I will bump into him over the next week no doubt so will mention people have been asking and try to get a solid answer off him as to his plans.

Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/November/2016 at 17:53
Nice one Paul. The rubbish timing of our visit sums our year up nicely.
Go away Duchatalet
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2016 at 11:30
Paul is Curry Leaves still staying open or is Akil closing it and opening the new one (old Annabelles) ?
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
tonisdad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2016 at 13:48
Originally posted by Jayjan Jayjan wrote:

Paul is Curry Leaves still staying open or is Akil closing it and opening the new one (old Annabelles) ?

Pauline staying open he said last time we spoke Thumbs Up.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2016 at 14:09
Curry leaves gets really good reviews so on those and as Churrasquiera Beira was closed on the evening we went in Sept and as we were needing to eat as we were visiting friends we decided to try it.IMO it was rubbish ,only decent thing we had was the Paratha the rest was lacking spice fresh herbs seeds etc.Not our type of curry.
caz
lizrod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2016 at 10:12
where abouts is annabeles

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2016 at 10:48
It is on Estrada St Eulalia higher up from the Oura Praia hotel on the left hand side of the road.
caz
lizrod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2016 at 13:00
thanks 
tonisdad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2016 at 14:08
Originally posted by tonisdad tonisdad wrote:

Originally posted by Algarveaddick Algarveaddick wrote:

Perry from what I could gather they were going to open as the buffet option but things took a bit longer than expected and the main season was about finished so they tried to get the last couple of weeks just doing normal.
The Daughter and myself were looking forward to it like yourselves
I will bump into him over the next week no doubt so will mention people have been asking and try to get a solid answer off him as to his plans.

Perry spoke to Akil last night and he said his plans are to open at Annabelles early February doing buffet style and normal.....so knowing Akil that will mean back end of February.
He said there will be up to 30 dishes to choose from. Will let you know nearer the time if we pass and he is open.
reds View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/December/2016 at 21:28
Each to their own but people can be very narrow minded about Indian food. Most people now have tried traditional 'home cooked' Indian food. Most towns and cities have Indian cafes/restaurants that serve this. This is totally different to British/Indian food that is served in most restaurants and takeaways. Total snobbery to say that British/Indian cannot stand up to 'real' Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi food. It's a variation of their food, adapted to European taste. I've eaten some terrible food in 'real' Asian cafes in Manchester and great food in Indian restaurants all over Europe. A curry is a curry, recipes differ. Some people tend to think if it served on the bone it's 'real' Indian. That maybe so, but please don't tell me British/Indian food that is served off the bone is all terrible.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic