Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Local attractions / Locais de diversões
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCaves & Dolphins

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Caves & Dolphins
    Posted: 17/June/2016 at 16:14
Did this two hour boat trip for the third time today and have to say, brilliant!
Highly recomend this to you, the dolphins were right alongside the boat and happily putting on a show, a real joy to see them in the wild, well over a hundred of them and some very young baby one's as well. The caves also, it's really impressive from Cathedral Cave to the tunnel, all well worth seeing.
Six of us went and we asked for a discount which was freely given, so don't be afraid to ask if you're booking a few places.
Excellent and much enjoyed couple of hours.
Andrew
Sponsored Links

Lynn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/June/2016 at 11:04
Hi....am back in Albufeira in September and want to go on a boat trip to see the dolphins. Is this the trip on the catamaran and is it called Caves and Dolphins?

So pleased I saw your post recommending this trip
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/June/2016 at 12:36
No Lynn, the cat does 'coast and dolphins', it's too big to go into or get very close to caves.
For caves and dolphins you need to be on the rib type speedboats.
Andrew
Lynn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/June/2016 at 13:07
Hi Andrew, thanks for the info. I have wanted to do the dolphin watching for a long time....I've found the website of the company that do the trips so I can get it booked.

Cheers for that
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/June/2016 at 15:44
We went, again, with www.dreamwavealgarve.com, happy to recomend.
We tried to book on line before we came out with dolphins driven but we couldn't so I e-mailed them, apparently their boat is broken down so they're currently not taking bookings.
Andrew
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/September/2016 at 14:27
Spectacular dolphin show off Falesia Beach this morning.
When we got down there just before 10 we noticed an unusually large collection boats in a very small area about a mile off shore opposite Olhos D'Agua.
Couldn't see anything with the naked eye but it was obvious that something was going on and we assumed that it was dolphins.
More & more boats arrived from Vilamoura so the word must have got out quickly and even the pleasure trip boats from Vilamoura, that normally stay parallel to the shore, were taking a detour to the area and just sitting there.
There were probably 30 boats of all sizes there at the peak.
This lasted about an hour until gradually the boats started to leave.
Thought that was it but about 30 minutes later about 15 dolphins appeared just along the beach to our left near where the lone rock sticks up.
This time they were no more than 200 yards off shore and with a very calm sea it was easy to see them leaping in & out of the water.
Everyone on the beach stopped and stood still to watch the show.
It was just magical.
They gradually worked their way towards Olhos D'Agua, still no more than a couple of hundred yards out, and after about 30 minutes they disappeared.
In all the times we've been down there that is only the second time we've seen them.
Sadly no pictures as I didn't take my camera today.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic