Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Finding work in Albufeira / Trabalhar em Albufeira
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLooking for work in albufeira

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for work in albufeira
    Posted: 25/April/2016 at 20:31
hi we have just moved to albufeira to live and are Scottish , looking for part time work for a 14 year old boy who is really bored any ideas what he can do for some cash ? I'm also wondering if an ironing business would work here ? Thanks for reading 😃
Sponsored Links

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/April/2016 at 11:08
I am 99% sure 14 year olds cannot work here, certainly not when they should be at school!

I have seen much younger children at work in the family run café or on the farm etc, but as for proper paid work that I have never seen. Does he speak Portuguese?

An ironing type business might work but there are several service laundries around town that already do this on a semi-industrial scale. Besides that, you would have a mountain of paperwork to climb to set up a business.

I am sure others here can point you in the right general direction.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Wendysubaru View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2016 at 14:28
Hi thanks for replying , my son is having home tutoring as the education in Portugal isn't the same standard as UK seemingly and a high percentage of pupils pull out of education according to locals , my son just really needs something to fill his spare time but I'm sure we will find something for him to do , we were thinking about golf school for him in the mean time, I'm looking to take up some kind of hobbie over here but struggling to think of something but it's early days yet 😊, are there places in particular expats meet up do you know ? Thanks
john2604smith View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2016 at 14:57
Anyone for tennis ?   A lot of Hotel, complexes have tennis courts, a great sport to take up in a lovely outdoor climate Thumbs Up I also play squash when I am over and again a few hotels have squash courts and of course, given the climate, swimming running, mountain biking, walking, photography, sailing etc Wink
ownersdirect P3708
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2016 at 20:16
Golf schools/academy's are not cheap.
Pine Cliffs, just on the outskirts of Albufeira, offer the following -
Junior Golf Camp - 50 Euro per person for a 2 hour session. Discounts if you buy 3 or 5 sessions. School Holiday periods only
http://www.pinecliffshotel.com/en/PineCliffs_GolfAcademy
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2016 at 10:04
Is your son a sporting type particularly football or basketball? The local club has teams at all junior levels and although the present season is coming to an end, it might be worth thinking about for later.

It would be a good way to get into the community.

You asked about where ex-pats meet. There are certain locations, several where beer is sold. Roughly where do you live? There should be somewhere not far away.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic