Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Algarve cheapest European holiday destination..
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAlgarve cheapest European holiday destination..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2016 at 11:47
Originally posted by Patti Patti wrote:

Is Acoteias out of Albufeira ? Where is the cheapest in albufeira for a beer anyone

Anywhere in the back streets that doesn't cater for tourists really. You will find little choice of other drinks, a loud TV showing The Price is Right, plastic chairs, formica tables and no loo seats, but it'll be cheap...

Patti View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2016 at 13:34
Sounds lovely! 😬
I'm a g&t girl but family members like a nice cold beer , just have to price around, many thanks
john2604smith View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2016 at 15:04
Rocomar is a lovely hotel a couple of minutes from the centre, if you havn't already, check out steps bar at the side of the tunnel, happy hour until 9pm and they usually have the singer Martin Jonathan on (very good) until late. If you fancy an upmarket drink try the bar opposite tunes bar, it's called Rosa something or other, lovely terrace over looking the ocean on the back Thumbs Up
ownersdirect P3708
Patti View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2016 at 15:36
Haven't been to those bars - there are so many but will try, they both sound good, looking forward to it, many thanks
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2016 at 17:46
They don't fit the "cheap" criteria though Patti...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2016 at 18:11
"Cheap"isn't always best, people are on holiday, personally I would prefer to spend an extra 25 pence on a drink and be in lovely surroundings with a fantastic view than sat on plastic seats and plastic table cloths next to a motorway just because it's cheap.  
ownersdirect P3708
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2016 at 19:03
At the end of the day a large beer for €2.50 is only £1.90 in real money, and that is cheap compared to the £4 a pint we pay round here in N Norfolk.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Patti View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2016 at 19:42
I agree with all of the above, I work all year and love my holidays and enjoy nice surroundings - was just wondering if any were cheaper , looking forward to trying these two bars 😊
thanks everyone for the recommendations
A9NDY View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2016 at 19:52
Cheapest and nicest pint has to be at o jorges for me,€1.75 when we was last there.
Another cheap watering hole we often use is cafe leo €2.00 a pint 50cl super bock.
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2016 at 20:05
Last June I was told that the cheapest beer in the Old Town (1 Euro) was at a little bar up Ecovia do Literal (which isn't far from the Rocamar) BUT

it's a busy road
it has plastic chairs
can't comment on the telly or toilets because I haven't been in. As a tourist it just didn't look right.

I have paid 3 Euros regularly in and around the square at the likes of Harry's Bar so Iit will be interesting to see 2016 prices. Most bars have prices displayed outside anyway.
Colin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2016 at 20:42
It's all relative, if you want lovely surroundings or to be entertained be prepared to pay for it, if you want cheap and cheerful you can have it. That's the beauty of Albufeira it caters for all, I pay 4 euro in the Rock Cafe but I know I can listen to fantastic Band I would have to pay £20 on the door to see back in the UK.  4 euro is just over 3 quid ! I pay that to stand in a normal pub in the UK, so to me all of Albufeira has "cheap" beer  Beer
ownersdirect P3708
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2016 at 08:51
I sort of agree John. But Patti specifically asked about cheap bars. I wouldn't pay £20 to watch a covers band anywhere though...   
Patti View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2016 at 09:34
Thanks guys, as you say depends what you want ,I like a nice bar and all are cheaper than home, cheers!
JimTina View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2016 at 00:38
Compared to other resorts that we have been to in recent years, i.e. Tenerife, Benidorm, Costa del Sol, Alcudia etc. I have always found Albufeira slightly more expensive for beer. The other resorts always seem to have lots of bars selling large beers for only 1 euro.

However dining out seems to be a fair bit cheaper in Portugal so it still probably works out cheaper overall. I love Portugal anyway so for a couple of holidays a year it doesn't make that much difference to us either way.

BTW, la Bodeguita at the bullring is a lovely little bar, reasonably priced, and Carlos always makes a real fuss of us when we go there.

Another nice little bar near by is on the side road going from the bullring to the Vila Petra hotel. I can't remember the name of it but it is a Portuguese bar used mostly by locals half way up on the left hand side. The family are from Porto i think and the francesinhas and bitoque are really nice in there. Worth a look if you are passing.
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2016 at 07:56
We hear of the cheap beer in Spain, and then when we go to Torremolinos and Benalmadena it's always dearer than here - must just be in that area that they take the P with their prices?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic