Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSchools in Albufeira

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Schools in Albufeira
    Posted: 12/December/2015 at 16:34
I am an Indian national relocating in Portugal in end March 2016. I have 2 sons. My wife and sons will join me in August 2016 before start of academic session. My elder son will get admitted in Year 12 and my younger son will get admitted in Year 8. We shall be staying in Albufeira. The international schools nearby is Vilamoura and Nobel but they are quite expensive. Can I get them admitted in Portuguese schools? I believe that will be quite economic? Is is advisable? What are the Portuguese schools in Albufeira? My sons are good in English but they do not know Portuguese. Will that be a problem?

Sponsored Links

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/December/2015 at 09:58
Can I get them admitted in Portuguese schools?

Yes. I do not know all the details but I am sure there is someone here who can advise you. Albufeira has several schools for year 8 so which one he goes to will depend on location.

There is a Facebook page perhaps you can ask some questions there, in advance. I am sure you can do so in English.  https://pt-pt.facebook.com/AgrupamentoDeEscolasDeAlbufeira

I believe that will be quite economic? Is is advisable?

If you are working in Portugal, education is free. You will need to show proof of residence etc plus many more paperwork. Portuguese bureaucracy is sometimes complicated.

What are the Portuguese schools in Albufeira?

These website are for the schools here. They are only in Portuguese - https://www.aealbufeira.pt/

and

http://www.alpoente.org/

My sons are good in English but they do not know Portuguese. Will that be a problem?

Tuition is in Portuguese. Some schools offer Portuguese lessons for those who do not speak the language. Many, if not all, young people speak some English as it is taught from age 10 or 11 years.

Also, do make sure you have all the necessary visas and permits. If you hold an Indian passport there are many rules you must abide by if coming here to live and work.

I hope this helps.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Indranil View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/December/2015 at 11:14
Many thanks for your reply. Will check the websites as advised by you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic