Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Local attractions / Locais de diversões
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMarina Attractions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/January/2016 at 21:24
Ooop's just noticed cubsur's earlier post about Sharkey's being closed until 22nd January  !  Embarrassed
ownersdirect P3708
Keith M View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/February/2016 at 13:09
Spoke to Sandy at the Go Kart track on Saturday. The bowling alley will be finished, all being well by early March but, as ever, it's all down to the various papers that have to be passed and t's crossed and i's dotted before opening. It is actually looking quite good in there now so should be quite a good addition to the Marina area, which in my eyes is a real must for anyone stopping in town.
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/February/2016 at 16:40
It will be good to have a bowling alley back, and a nice boost to the Marina area hopefully. Thanks for the info Keith.
A9NDY View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/February/2016 at 17:36
In theory it should be a success, with advertisments/promotions and not too expensive the tourists will use it as there's not a great deal to with teenagers, and the locals are bound to use it also. The owners should give leaflets to hotels ect with prices and opening hours . Good luck to them hope it works out for them
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/February/2016 at 19:27
Publicity is the key Andy, you are right. Lack of it was one of the major reasons the previous one failed in my opinion.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/February/2016 at 19:37
Our local independent ten pin bowling alley at home in the UK does 2 games of bowling, burger & chips & a drink for 2 people for £10 (i.e £5 each)

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
A9NDY View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/February/2016 at 19:57
Radio stations, local press , even tickets shops could spread the word or corporate events ? Tbf forums like this do help. My local bowling lane charge £18.50 a lane excluding food and drink so a package deal would sell well .
A9NDY View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/February/2016 at 20:06
Forgot to add ...i would call myself as a regular i/we come over 5 or 6 times a year and didn't realise there was underground karting place down the marina .... so it goes to show its all in the publicity and the diligence of the owners/ management
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/February/2016 at 20:10
Originally posted by DICEYUK DICEYUK wrote:

Our local independent ten pin bowling alley at home in the UK does 2 games of bowling, burger & chips & a drink for 2 people for £10 (i.e £5 each)

Dicey that's very good! Up here a lane would cost you twice that, never mind any side, freebie, tasters etc, and you need to book two or three weeks in advance, and the bar prices are extortionate.. But the places are rammed.
Andrew
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/February/2016 at 20:56
Originally posted by A9NDY A9NDY wrote:

Forgot to add ...i would call myself as a regular i/we come over 5 or 6 times a year and didn't realise there was underground karting place down the marina .... so it goes to show its all in the publicity and the diligence of the owners/ management

In fairness there's a socking great billboard outside the fire station Andy. But if that's the only one, and you don't pass that way, then you wouldn't know unless you went to a ticket shop I guess?
A9NDY View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/February/2016 at 22:10
To be fair I've never seen that lol and we've been staying that side of town hopefully I'll spot it when I'm next over 😂... jokes aside I gather it's the same for festivals and new years eve celebrations , little or no advertising or very last minute.
Someone could set up a publicity business and make a few euros commission 😉
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/February/2016 at 22:50
On the same subject, how many people are aware of this Adventure Park in Santa Eulália.
Never seen it advertised & only know about it as we go past it on the bus
Mind you some people have found it as it's got 279 reviews on Trip Advisor

http://www.lusoaventura.com/en/the-adventure-parks.html
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2016 at 00:47
Suppose not many Dicey unless its posted/advertised  on other  forums or tripadvisor. Just can't understand why the Portuguese can't promote their businesses.Maybe they depend on tourists to do it for them. Lazyitis comes to mind Big smile

Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2016 at 08:27
Again , the adventure park is well publicised in ticket shops, but no good if you don't go into them...

Those that know me will be aware that the p**s poor publicity on the Algarve is one of my big bug bears.You would have had no idea that six of the best cyclists in the world were riding through the town last week if Cubsur didn't let us know on here.

The only events that seem to get a plug are things that are miles away, for example the Monchique sausage festival has a big billboard publicising it at the top of MFA road. The honourable exception being the Albufeira wine festival which is very well publicised, and as a result is a huge success.      
Keith M View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2016 at 10:45
I am going down to the track today for another session, so will mention the observations on here to the owners. If you like a go on the track the options are there to do 10, 15 or 20 minutes at very reasonable prices. The Karts are quick for the track and it's great when you get it right. All being well the owners (Who are British) will take on board some of the comments and the alley/track will continue to be on the up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic