Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » The Good and the Bad / O Bom e o Mau
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More ruins to admire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2014 at 16:21
Do you mean Farm Village?

If so, nowhere near. Apart from the coat of paint nothing has happened for years. No glazin,no doors etc although is not easy to see inside as there is a high fence and high around the site.

I can see it better from high up here, so perhaps a look later.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
steven.vanessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.vanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/May/2014 at 07:14
Sorry forgot about this, I was meaning the ones on Avenida da Liberdade Cubsur sorry, how are they looking now?
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/May/2014 at 08:45
Last time I looked they were substantially complete. I will be back next week and once I have sorted out my own disasters I will take a look when down in town.
Albufeira Resident

steven.vanessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.vanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/May/2014 at 12:34

Thanks Cubsur, its amazing to think they were once old toilets and a large cliff face and now look at it.

Spyderpig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spyderpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/June/2014 at 22:01
I heard a whisper today that work on phase 2 of the marina will recommence next month.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/June/2014 at 11:20
I will believe that when I see it. Good view from up here.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/June/2014 at 10:09
After seemingly weeks and weeks of inactivity, things are stirring at that new block in Avenida da Liberdade. The red signs in the windows say ´Vendido' - sold.

Albufeira Resident

lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/June/2014 at 10:12
Wow, almost finished at last.
my beautiful portugal
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2014 at 11:25
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

If things weren't bad enough, these solar panels started to appear outside Camping Albufeira about 3 weeks ago. Doesn't anyone here ever think things through? Predictable, not even half way through the job, work stopped, site cleared and everything left to blot the landscape.

Spotted yesterday that all the panels are now complete but I could not figure out whether or they were actually connected to anything.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2014 at 12:48
Originally posted by lucyr lucyr wrote:

Wow, almost finished at last.

All the building material has been cleared from the front and they look ready to ... stay empty for years. I will see if I can get a picture later.
Albufeira Resident

lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2014 at 12:56
Thanks Tom, I found a site a few months ago, which displayed prices, can't remember off the top of my head how much they were asking, but do remember feeling they were a bit pricey.
my beautiful portugal
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2014 at 10:13
I'd imagine they would be expensive given the location. Here's the place, all clean and ready to go. There are half a dozen 'Vendido' signs to be seen, obviously either bought off-plan or a ruse by the developer to make people think they are selling.

Albufeira Resident

lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2014 at 11:04
Thanks for that photo, so nice to see all the rubbish taken away, as you say, location, location, location, thanks again.
my beautiful portugal
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2014 at 11:23
A quick hunt on t-internet reveals €134'500 for a T1, €204'000 for a T2 and €269'000 for a T3.

Age rather than location seems to be the major consideration in Albufeira. Newer builds = better building standards (supposedly) = higher prices.

The location isn't actually that great - think of the noise late at night in the summer, the view isn't exactly picturesque, the lack of parking and there's no swimming pool as far as I can tell.

Like Cubsur I am not convinced that all the ones marked as sold actually are.
lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2014 at 11:43
Thanks for that, I was thinking of location, as you say there are quite a few downsides to the location. It will be interesting to see how quickly or slowly they sell, thanks again.
my beautiful portugal
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
  Share Topic