Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » The Good and the Bad / O Bom e o Mau
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More ruins to admire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIA572 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2013 at 17:12
Looks like it will be for pleasure and a remortgage here. Not very many properties for sale though, where we would like to be.  
J2me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J2me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2013 at 18:33
Originally posted by MIA572 MIA572 wrote:

Looks like it will be for pleasure and a remortgage here. Not very many properties for sale though, where we would like to be.  

Are you only searching on-line or have you physically looked around the area?
MIA572 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIA572 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2013 at 19:33
looking on line at right move portugal. Will there be places for sale that don't show on there? 
cheekygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheekygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2013 at 23:12
You need to be looking on the Albufeira estate agents, We bought ours from a company called Remax they have a lot of choice. I am sure people on here will give you some more estate agents to look at. If you go in Google and put in properties for sale in Albufeira I am sure there will be plenty to look at.
Loving it in the sun

port princess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote port princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/December/2013 at 08:47
We bought ours 9 years ago best thing we did ,just retired so will use more now ,as cheeky girl said there is plenty about out there to view ,my friend has a lovely flat in Santa Eulalia and know there's some for sale .good luck
Portprincess
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/December/2013 at 12:27
Hello and welcome to the forum.
What area are you looking in? There's a nice semi with own pool for sale near us.
Also, what part of Shropshire are you, if you don't mind me asking, we're right on the border so might be nearby. PM if you prefer.
Andrew
MrsDKildare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsDKildare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/December/2013 at 15:49
We bought an apartment in the old town two years ago and must say we should have done it years ago!!! After a long trawl through all the websites we picked five to view on day 1, cut it down to the top 2 to revisit on day 2, put in an offer on our favourite that evening and  visited a Solicitor in Almancil on the way back to the airport on day 3. Five weeks later we had the key. All sorted. Best advice I could give is to do the majority of the research from home, keep a tight shortlist when you go to view the properties and stock to what you want to see, not what the estate agents want to sell you!! Good Luck, I wish you many years of sunshine in your holiday home.x

MIA572 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIA572 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/December/2013 at 16:47
Hi, we are looking in Santa Eulalia area as really like the area and know it well. We are from Market Drayton. Which are is the semi with pool in?
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/December/2013 at 17:00
Vale de Parra, about three kilometers west.
Andrew
J2me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J2me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/December/2013 at 18:21
I'm bonkers as some of the others here will testify - so take my advice with a pinch bucket of salt. The on-line search is always useful - that cannot be denied. But add to that.

Travel & accommodation in Albufeira is very cheap for January - early March. Book a long weekend in Santa Eulalia, right on the doorstep of where you are searching. When you are in town, plan some walkabouts. Bring your camera, notepad and pencil. Enjoy the weekend. Plot and scheme again at home. Make a few calls if it suits you. Until you have sounded out your ability to access funds, you are limited on how much forward momentum you can make.

What harm. It will be a learning exercise and you enjoy the weekend....  Smile
MIA572 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIA572 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/December/2013 at 16:38
You are my kind of shopper Mrs Kildare! Your trip to buy sounds like a good plan. Finance is going to be the biggest problem now as  we have a really good mortgage deal here that we cant get again if we remortgage so best to get a 2nd mortgage, but been advised we would need 30 percent deposit. Which unless stock markets improve to get some cash back isn't going to be very soon. Will keep saving though and dreaming.Lol
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/January/2014 at 17:32
Interesting video report on BBC News this morning about Porto

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25573766
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2014 at 16:35
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Avenida da Liberdade June 2013

and September 2013

February 20th 2014 -I wonder how many they will sell?

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2014 at 11:27
Palm Village at the Marina - shock horror!

Cycled past yesterday. One of the cranes moved. Then I saw a few blokes working, well standing around in hard hats so I assume they were supposed to be working.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
steven.vanessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.vanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2014 at 11:40
Are these finished yet Cubsur?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
  Share Topic