Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who's Next??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 81>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaireKildare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/January/2018 at 11:23
13th March for 4 days, then 5 days in May. One way over on 7th July not sure when I'll come home!!!
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2018 at 08:59
A week today for our first visit of 2018. Currently snowing here so a dose of warmer weather will be appreciated.
Colin
cameroncleggout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2018 at 13:55
14 week on Wednesday for a week, back home for 8 week and back in Albufeira on 31 August for another go

Been on Countdown since Xmas
cameronout
Cooknoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cooknoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2018 at 13:58
Arrived last night. Woke up this morning thinking we were back home, as it’s blowing a gale and pouring down with rain. Afraid we’re going to get wet when we go out for our first drink(s) later. At least we have no snow here 💨🌧☔️
Wireman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wireman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2018 at 20:01
[/QUOTE]

Wow that's some winning streak. I thought you stepped down after 8 winsLOLLOLLOL.
Regular Visitor
sidsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/March/2018 at 12:02
Originally posted by Wireman Wireman wrote:

Wow that's some winning streak. I thought you stepped down after 8 winsLOLLOLLOL.
[/QUOTE]

LOLLOL Clap
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/March/2018 at 20:38
Out 2moz, second trip this year and it looks like our January week, consistently in the 20’s, is going to be better, temperature wise, than our late March visit!
Still, it’s a darn site better than here, I know where I would rather be, and I’ll be there 2moz! 😉👍
Andrew
jantien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jantien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2018 at 11:59
Arrive on 9 april for 11 days, 3.5 week in May and from late June to .... we'll see ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2018 at 09:27
Next years Jet2 Holidays have just been released. Afraid to say that we are unlikely to venture to the Algarve in 2019. I understand exchange rates and Brexit etc all come into play but there is no way we are prepared to spend @£4000 per 10 day holiday (Half this is daily spends and we don`t stay 2 star) 

Prices are around 20% up on this year and that follows previous years increases of above inflation. 
cameronout
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2018 at 09:42
Two weeks today and we'll be back - 1st May until 17th June.
Strange what you say CCO as last year, for almost identical period, our Easyjet flights (2 x return) cost £149 and this year it was £95.
Same for our September/October trip - last year £141, this year £123.
We've just booked outward flights for our January/February visit - last year £49, this year £42.
So no inflation on Easyjet
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
vinnym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinnym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2018 at 15:23
Dicey, What a contrast that is compared to Jet2, they have released S19 holidays in the last few days. Thought I would check like for like with our 3 week break in Sept/ Oct this year. Over £700 more for next year for the two of us. Scary prices.
I know I will probably get cheaper booking independently but there usually wasnt much difference until now.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2018 at 19:45
Jet2 Flights x2  = £610 inc meal &seat   
cameronout
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2018 at 19:46
I know that I haven't booked any "post brexit" (after March 2019) flights yet but I don't think that's going to make much difference. If everybody follows the Jet2 examples as described above and put up their prices by an extortionate amount then there won't be many holiday makers visiting anywhere.
As that's no good for either the UK or Countries in Europe then common sence will prevail because it will be in everyone's interest to keep fares low.
If not the likes of Spain & Portugal won't get many UK visitors next year when everbody heads for North Norfolk instead Wink.
As for Brexit affecting the exchange rate then that's just a red herring. Anybody who travels frequently knows that the £/Euro rate has been down in the 1.10's to 1.20's many times before during the last 15 years or so and long before Brexit was even thought of.
And low exchange rates made little difference to flying costs then so why should they now?
Likewise I don't remember high exchange rates making any difference either.
If you're wanting to take a Jet2 holiday in 2019 then I think you'll find that they will soon see sense when they get no bookings and reduce their prices accordingly.
They're as much in the dark as everybody else about what's going to happen and therefore there is no justification for these inflated 2019 prices.
They're scaremongering, guessing and hoping to make a quick profit.

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2018 at 09:51
Actually the £ to € rate has not been down to the 1.10s and 1.20s many times. It was that low for a number of years after the worldwide recession hit, but was recovering nicely until Brexit, then it dived again, people "celebrating" that it's now €1.16 are just weird (or NFN... Wink).

Check out the facts here...

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/bank-of-england-spot/historical-spot-exchange-rates/gbp/GBP-to-EUR-1999  
Go away Duchatalet
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2018 at 12:11
Originally posted by Algarveaddick Algarveaddick wrote:

Actually the £ to € rate has not been down to the 1.10s and 1.20s many times. It was that low for a number of years after the worldwide recession hit,
OK, wrong choice of words, which is also NFN, should have said -
"Anybody who travels frequently knows that the £/Euro rate has been down in the 1.10's to 1.20's for long periods before over the last 15 years or so and before Brexit was even thought of."
Either way, everyday airfares between the UK & Europe next year will not be anywhere near  £500+ for a round trip. They'll be more or less the same as now.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 81>
  Share Topic