Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 83>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2012 at 13:23
Originally posted by Rava Rava wrote:

although we are on the easyjet early mailing list we have still not received email telling us flights are on sale!

Me too - I usually get an email about 2 weeks after the flights have been released which in all honesty is not a lot of use.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
toffeelady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toffeelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2012 at 14:10
windmillhill, ive found that a problem too, i was waiting to book our return flight from lanzarote for march, kept checking but kept getting "dates only available up to blah blah, was getting very annoyed cos i knew the flights had been released, but then was told by someone that if you just select the route that you want ie: liverpool-faro, but leave the date as that day, it brings up the flights for that week, there is a option then to view either a 3 day view, 3 week view or the year view, if you click on the year view it brings up the months (think it only goes as far as june for now) just select which month you want and it brings the dates and prices up.

i did this booked the flight that i wanted, went back on 10 mins later and the same message was coming up, only on sale til march??????
windmillhill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windmillhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/September/2012 at 07:12
Thanks Rava and toffeelady - seems there are more ways to skin a cat .......... will try all suggestions if it happens again!
www.algarve-windmillhill.co.uk
Penthouse apartment with spectacular views
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2012 at 13:24

Ryanair is 'courting disaster' by flying planes with near-empty fuel tanks to cut costs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2205314/Ryanair-courting-disaster-flying-planes-near-fuel-tanks-cut-costs.html
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
nosivad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nosivad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2012 at 10:08
Has anyone done any research on wether it would be cheaper to say buy a package holiday then just not turn up at transfer and hotel  ?
what are the legal implementations etc I would think it does not matter, you have paid after all ?
The reason behind all of this is we can only come over in the school holiday periods and usually 4 times a year but of l;ate the price of flights have gone silly and there does not appear to be any cheapo's even in Feb. Angry
Avril View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2012 at 10:53
Not too sure but if you have turned up for the flight then they would surely be looking for you at the airport to take you onward. To not be there would probably hold everyone else up whilst they searched for you! Think at least you should find the rep and tell them. Doubt after that they could do anything about it, as you say you've paid after all.
Consistently inconsistent, Esse sou eu!
cheekygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheekygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2012 at 11:05
I have often thought that would be a good idea, but to scared to try it!!!
Loving it in the sun

Dragonfly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragonfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2012 at 12:51
I worked as a holiday rep many years ago and we quite often had "no shows"or people who had booked the full package just for the flight, as Avril said it would be nice to let the reps or transfer company know that you arrived so they don't have to wait but in my experience there was never any problems from the company or hotels for no show as long as it was all paid.
animallover View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote animallover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2012 at 13:35
Hi all

Desperately (saddo that I am!) waiting on easyJet summer 2013 from Glasgow to go on sale but don't know what the hold up is as I had already booked this time last year for the summer gone! Jet2 prices are sky high but really good flight times.  Ryanair not on sale either.
Avril View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2012 at 14:41
Just had a look at Jet2 for Newcastle flights and you're right, next summer's prices are sky high:-( You can bet the other airlines will have hiked their prices up too! Can't wait to see!
Consistently inconsistent, Esse sou eu!
nosivad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nosivad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2012 at 18:28
I think you can opt out of the transfer at the point of sale thereby not causing any delay or confusion at Faro pick up. The hotel should not be a problem because they will have been paid.
Might have to wait though for last minute bargains ie a couple of weeks before departure Ermm
Super Bock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super Bock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2012 at 23:21
We have done the package deal and when we arrive we just tell the rep and it isn't a problem!
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2012 at 00:15
Well we flew Ryanair for the first time mid Sept, and I must say they were the best two flights we have had in a while, on time and very pleasant Portuguese aircrew.  Read Horror stories on size of cabin baggage, so stuck to the rules, very difficult when used to using Monarch & Jet2 who's sizes are bigger. I couldn't believe the amount of people with oversize bags who were never stopped, they even had extra bags with airport shopping in them which is supposed to go within the one bag. Same thing coming back from Faro, loads of oversize cases and shopping bags, no one stopped them.We have booked flights with Ryanair again for November but will stick to the rule sizes as it would just be our luck if we took oversize we would be stopped and charged.
 All in all on Sept flights we saved £250 on Monarch prices and a whopping £450 on Jet2 prices.  Our November flights with Ryanair are saving us approx £150 on Monarch prices from Manchester.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2012 at 16:59
Good to hear JJ, we fly with them for the first time on Wednesday, to Salzburg though not Faro,, and are a little apprehensive. We've even been told we'll get 'tutted' at if we haven't half torn our pre printed boarding card/paper before offering it for inspection at the gate!
Andrew
J2me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J2me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2012 at 17:36
Relax Andrew. It's just another airline. Stick to the much publicised rules, don't be late, the usual stuff. The staff are not paid to smile so that is the way.

The exception is if you have a Portuguese cabin crew, they are pleasant in the main.

I am often suspicious about the strategies used at corporate level, but at the coal-face, the experience is fine.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 83>
  Share Topic