Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 83>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/May/2020 at 10:44
Unfortunately, Dave ... we are all in Boris`s parallel universe ... and it was meant to be satirical.   Remember `that was the week that was` when we could have a laugh about politics
... instead of worrying about `men in black leather coats` ... ?  Maybe you are too young ?

Anyway ... I can get an Irish passport ..
Pyrman
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/May/2020 at 10:50
Saddly I fear not

DUBLIN (Reuters) May 22 - "Ireland’s new regulations requiring incoming travellers to provide the address at which they will self-isolate for 14 days will initially be in effect from May 28 to June 18, Health Minister Simon Harris said on Friday."

The Common Travel Area. In place since 1922.  Eire and the UK harmonise entry requirements to allow free movement within the area.  A bit like Schengen I suppose.  How it will survive or adapt to Brexit I have not a clue.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/May/2020 at 11:44
... Aircraft crew, hauliers and passengers transiting to another jurisdiction will be exempt...

so you can return from Faro to UK, via Dublin, avoiding lockdown .. ?

sorry ... not meant to be `loud` .. I simply lifted the text from reuters.
Pyrman
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/May/2020 at 13:51
I suspect the Common Travel Area is one jurisdiction for these purposes.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
DaveEastYorks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveEastYorks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/May/2020 at 21:00
Originally posted by pyrman pyrman wrote:

Unfortunately, Dave ... we are all in Boris`s parallel universe ... and it was meant to be satirical.   Remember `that was the week that was` when we could have a laugh about politics
... instead of worrying about `men in black leather coats` ... ?  Maybe you are too young ?

Anyway ... I can get an Irish passport ..

Too young?....I wish! (50's) Big smile

TBH, I guess that I'm just a little fed up of the "blame game" that is being played out all over the interweb/media etc.

Roll on being allowed to make our way over there again! Cool
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/May/2020 at 08:49
"so you can return from Faro to UK, via Dublin"

Could be possible if you can get ticket(s) that mean you can transit through Dublin airport 'airside' if that is possible in itself. I don't know Dublin airport.

I would not want to be the first to try it!
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/May/2020 at 10:12
Doubt it as Ryan air dont do luggage transfers. So you would have to collect luggage and re-check in.
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/May/2020 at 10:25
Pyrman
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/May/2020 at 16:18
Email received this morning from Easyjet that our flights on June 8th - 20th have been cancelled. I phoned up and got through 1st time (wow) and requested my refund.

Still hoping we'll get out in September. 🤞
Colin
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/May/2020 at 08:50
Unlucky, Col. Good luck for later.  I suppose now it all depends on what restrictions governments will still have in place and how likely or not people will be travelling later in the year.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/May/2020 at 22:11
Many, many, thanks to Travel Republic. In fact £945 of them.
Today we received ALL of the money back that we had paid for our cancelled holiday in April.

Thank you TRAVEL REPUBLIC 
Ally
bebop View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/May/2020 at 00:13
That is good to hear Ally.
I took vouchers from Aerlingus, which are valid for up to 5 years. They gave an extra 10% along with the original price paid.
We should be in Albufeira now ☹ . We were due to fly last Monday, but hopefully will be able to go later in the year.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/May/2020 at 22:31
Ryanair voucher. What I’d missed, if it’s there, is lead passenger on any rebooking has to be the person who’s name the voucher is in. Doh! Wish I'd known, would have hung on for refund.
Our voucher is to cover four of us, inc. my Mum and Dad. Tried to use it, as it’s half theirs, for them to come out to us in September. Voucher not valid as I’m not lead passenger! Now I’m stuck with paying them cash and me inheriting the whole of this voucher. Wouldn’t have chosen that outcome or option that’s for sure.
Andrew
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/May/2020 at 23:43
Andrew maybe give them a call and explain your problem see if they can sort it for you  0330 1007 838 (local call charges)  BTW you maybe on hold for a while before they answer you. What a fiasco this is turning into to sort things out to get a refund, rebook or sort things out . Shame on Ryanair, I'm sure they will loose lots of custom after all this.
 If no joy also try messaging them on their facebook page.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/May/2020 at 08:32
Thanks JJ, did speak to them. As my fathers initial is the only thing different in our names they have advised that the changing of up to three letters, claiming them as a typo, is permitted and that’s my best bet! 
How do I do that? Leave it with them and they’ll ask Head Office to action they said. How long do I wait and... what a farce!
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 83>
  Share Topic