Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 83>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2020 at 17:24
Friends had their Easyjet flight cancelled this morning - they were due to fly 2 weeks today.
Yep looks like they're all doing the 'fortnight in advance' sketch, at the moment..
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2020 at 20:48
Malagabob, I had same email from Ryanair for a refund 2 weeks ago. (date of travel was 27/4/20)  Filled it in, but 3 days ago I got an email regarding accepting  vouchers instead. I have not replied/accepted  it because I want a full refund and  trying to get through to their online chat insisting I get a refund which I originally applied for is proving impossible at  the moment,  due to horrendous waiting times. So the wait  of being in no mans' land goes on.

Just had an email from Travelrepublic saying the  money for our  accommodation/hotel will be refunded on the 15th June as they are working in date order of your holiday travel date.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2020 at 11:26
Had similar problems getting through to Jet2. Wasted a lot of time phoning during the day. Eventually I phoned immediatey they say they open & kept redialing. They answered in less than 5 minutes & sorted my refund.  Looks like we just have be persistent.  I have extra inclusive minutes from Virgin at the moment so no hardship.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/May/2020 at 15:26
Originally posted by Big Col Big Col wrote:

For those who are interested, Easyjet have now extended their flight programme until 18th April 2021 and bags still 99p each.

They've pushed the flight programme back to 4th May 2021 now which will take in the early May bank holiday.
Colin
malagabob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malagabob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2020 at 04:05
Received a follow up email off Ryanair  “ did I want a refund” clicked on the link. Error message with additional link came up. Clicked on that was directed to unrelated page.??
Never put off something that you could do today
ajmandon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajmandon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2020 at 07:22
Just had my May 19 Easyjet Faro to Gatwick flight cancelled .....that's the third cancelled return flight ..... next open slots are from beginning of June.

Wizzair have opened bookings for "reopened" route between Faro and Luton from early July.  Have never flown Wizzair let alone Luton ....at least it wouldn't require a trek up to Lisboa! 
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2020 at 08:21
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2020 at 20:08
Had email tonight from Ryanair cancelling our flight out on 28th May. All seems more than fair enough, I haven’t been to the link but the email says if I opt for refund I’ll get it within 20 working days.
My queries:- it doesn’t mention cancelling return flight, am I being over cautious and that is included or do I need to wait for another cancellation email?
And, has anyone had experience of this and got their refund in the 20 days or is that going to get ignored once I’ve committed?
Thanks in advance.
Andrew
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2020 at 21:21
Andrew  follow the link in your email, It then asks for name on booking, underneath that it asks for all passenger details, fill that in and then underneath that there  is an option to tick one of  two  boxes. Only tick the one that says all passengers and flights on this reference . I am assuming that it covers both flights cos your booking reference is same for both outward & inward journeys.
Re getting your refund in 20 days, don't think there is much chance of that. Mine said same thing, I filled my form in in mid April and still nothing been refunded as yet . Loads of folks are complaining. Ryanair are saying due to majority of their staff working from home they can't do a refund due to security and that   we will have to wait until they are all  back in the office. BTW I filled my refund in as said previously and then they sent me an email a week ago  offering me a voucher which I have not answered to because I want a refund not a voucher.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2020 at 22:19
Thanks JJ, that’s reassuring re. return flights but the refund bit is as I feared, and in line with O’Leary saying in his recent TV appearance that refunds would be within six months.
Andrew
malagabob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malagabob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/May/2020 at 07:44
Good luck with your claim. You’ll need it.  I had my email re cancellation of my flight. Options were a voucher, or refund. Selected refund.  A few days later had a 2nd email did I want to take a voucher or refund. Selected refund again. Got an error message and to click a link, which I did. Took me to a Ryanair unrelated page. 
Never put off something that you could do today
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/May/2020 at 11:29
At the moment the options for flights to Faro from Edinburgh are Ryanair and Jet2. Mostly I have chosen Ryanair as they are cheaper. My trip in Nov this year was to have been with Jet2.  I chose to cancel as who knows what will be happening then.  After some perseverence I got through on the phone. The cancellation was done and the money in my bank in 4 days. 
In view of mr O'Leary's shenanigans I will pay the extra and travel Jet2 in future. If they still exist. If there is a future.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/May/2020 at 12:06
Our choice to Faro from Newcastle was Easyjet, Jet2 and Ryanair. We've never flown with the latter and always found Easyjet better value than Jet2.

Phoned Easyjet in March and got a refund into my account in 4 days. Sadly I'll have to do the same in June once they cancel the flights. Hoping that September may be more successful but I have my doubts.
Colin
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/May/2020 at 09:13
in the end then, our notice of cancellation from Ryanair was three weeks to the day. Due to fly 28th, received email on 7th.
Andrew
Luis View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/May/2020 at 21:41
I wonder how the obligatory quarantine if you arrive by air in The UK will affect even more the airlines
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 83>
  Share Topic