Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 83>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2012 at 09:51
I hate this paying to queue jump idea. I refuse to do it out of principle. 
It really grates on me,  people walking ahead of you in a queue. 
Why not just wait patiently - it's not as if the plane is going to leave without you. We all get on and seated in the end. Stern Smile
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2012 at 10:18
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2012 at 10:56
Originally posted by nosivad nosivad wrote:

EasyJet have just announced they are stopping their speedy boarding arrangements in favour of seat allocation on line and at check in; £12 a go !! more revenue for them, but at least it should stop the usual rugby scrum situation.

prices shown on Easyjet website:Price per seat per flight
£12 for extra legroom seats
£8 for up front seats
£3 for any other seat

Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2012 at 11:02
Originally posted by Jayjan Jayjan wrote:

Originally posted by nosivad nosivad wrote:

EasyJet have just announced they are stopping their speedy boarding arrangements in favour of seat allocation on line and at check in; £12 a go !! more revenue for them, but at least it should stop the usual rugby scrum situation.

prices shown on Easyjet website:Price per seat per flight
£12 for extra legroom seats
£8 for up front seats
£3 for any other seat

Just to be clear, you do not have to pay anything for seats.
If you choose not to pay then your seats will simply be allocated by easyJet. For most flights this will no doubt mean that you will be allocated seats together anyway so why give money to easyJet for nothing.
Even if you don't get seats together it's not such a bad thing - I can easily put up with not sitting next to the missus for a couple of hours, in fact I'd welcome it Wink
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Avril View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2012 at 11:23
I'd rather pay and choose. As a slightly nervous flyer (huge improvement on the terrified to the seat of my pants flyer that I was a year ago) I don't like sitting beside the wings and would rather pay so that I can have a seat near the back as that's my preference. I would also want a seat next to my hubby as strangers don't like it when you grab them and leave them with nail marks and bruises from hanging onto them for grim deathOuch
Consistently inconsistent, Esse sou eu!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2012 at 19:55
Wireman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wireman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2012 at 21:58
Also they don't reverse into mountainsTongue.
Regular Visitor
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2012 at 23:19
rolling on the floor That's AV sorted then Wink
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
windmillhill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windmillhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2012 at 06:32

Wonder if anyone can explain this?  I'd been checking a few times every day for weeks for the EasyJet flights to be released, and lo and behold as soon as we came down to Cornwall they suddenly appeared.  Lost track of the days now, but found the calendars had been updated as far as June in the early morning, so alerted daughter and one of our friends that it was probably imminent. At that time when I pressed Show Flights, it was still saying "route only available till 24 March".

Kept trying, same, same, same, whether signed in or out.  Then in the afternoon daughter rang to say she could book (we were still getting same message).  Rang friend and she could also book (we still couldn't!).  So both holidays were sorted, luckily, cos our half term £31 pound flight was £101 when we checked a few hours later!  But we didn't get past the "only till 24 March" message till much later in the day, possibly early evening, so I would love to know how this works.  Is it geographical?  Can't be anything to do with loyalty, as we're always using EJ.

Anyone got any ideas? Confused
www.algarve-windmillhill.co.uk
Penthouse apartment with spectacular views
JulieC View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulieC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2012 at 09:40
Maybe it's because the system was overloaded it couldnt cope and had a "glitch".  It doesn't take long for word to get out when easyjet flights are released!  Whilst I was on checking dates for May, then skipped to June then back to May only to find the earlier dates had gone up, without me even logging off.

julie
Super Bock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super Bock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2012 at 10:45
It changes quickly booked 4 return flights for 2 of us yesterday £738 today eldest decided he would come as well went to book his and they were working out 879 ! 2nd of June flight we paid 20.99 for yesterday today £200!!
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2012 at 12:33
Originally posted by DICEYUK DICEYUK wrote:

Just booked from 7th to 29th May to from Luton.
2 people return, hand luggage only & absolutely no rip off extras, for a total £128 (i.e. £64 each).
This includes a £9 Administration Fee + Debit Card Fee

Now being quoted £172 - gone up £44 in 2 days
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/September/2012 at 16:26
Windillhill, this is similar to what happened to me. Woke up and checked the app on iphone and said the flights were available but when I tried to book it came up "flights only available up to 24th march. Did exactly the same on laptop but then thought I'd have a go with the app on the ipad and was able to book with no problem. Got flights from Belfast to Faro for £45 return over easter weekend. A couple of hours later and the flights were over a ton. You have to be quick for the cheapies.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
windmillhill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windmillhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2012 at 06:07
Yes, I know the system well which is why I've been checking since August (we booked for May/June 2012 on 11 August 2011) so the flights were out much later this year.  It just seems odd that some people were able to get through the "only available till 24 March" barrier several hours earlier than others.  If there is a reason for the delay on our laptop, I'd like to understand it so I might be able to avoid it in future! Stern Smile

Anyway, all's well that ends well ........... now just waiting for September's flights to be released! Wink
www.algarve-windmillhill.co.uk
Penthouse apartment with spectacular views
Rava View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2012 at 12:52
One of the things I found with the London flights was that the prices only came up when you selected London - all airports, but not when you selected each individual airport. Also interestingly although we are on the easyjet early mailing list we have still not received email telling us flights are on sale!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 83>
  Share Topic