Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 83>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2012 at 14:00
Ally I too have used travel republic but only for accommodation,(I always book flights direct with airline) & never had a problem with them but you can't believe how many complaints re flights & hotels cancelled when travel is imminent, also people turning up at hotel only to find they are not booked in. Travel republic as said is only a travel search website as stated in previous post, all their bookings are done through a third party, many people don't read the terms & conditions  on  travelrepublic website  that the  contract is between them (the booker)  and the provider of such (Flights/Accomm etc)  and blame travel republic for it.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2012 at 14:44
Easyjet flights to London (Gatwick, Southend, Luton) for April to end of June 2013 are now available.
Didn't check any other UK departure airports but presumably these are either up now or will be soon.

Just booked from 7th to 29th May to from Luton.
2 people return, hand luggage only & absolutely no rip off extras, for a total £128 (i.e. £64 each).
This includes a £9 Administration Fee + Debit Card Fee

Overall, not bad Smile

PS - you can now pre-book seats, for a fee (from £3 per person per flight), if you feel the need.
If not they are "automatically allocated" so it looks like Speedy Boarding has been ditched.

Stansted is still a no go airport for Faro
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
malagabob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malagabob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2012 at 20:04
After reading your post Dice went on the easyjet site for flights from Bristol 2013.
Did a search booking for last week in June.  error message came back flights only available up to 16th of June so did a searcch for 1 week 9th-16th.
Days and prices came up.Logged off, by the time I informed other family members of flight days and prices, logged back on, got error message flights only available untill March 24th 2013 ??
Thing is I checked Glasgow-Faro as some of family live nearer there for that week prices and days came up, but prices were to dear. Now they are only available till end of March 2013 ??
Never put off something that you could do today
Avril View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2012 at 20:33
I've just been on the Newcastle flight search and the diary comes up with up to the end of June. When you try and book them it says you can only book up to the end of March. This is usually because they have just updated the diary but not the actual flights and they usually follow within 48 hours (my experience in the past). Keep looking over the next few days Malagabob:-) x
Consistently inconsistent, Esse sou eu!
malagabob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malagabob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2012 at 20:38
Am more confused now. Checked their flight timetable and flight times prices are being displayed up till June 15th June 2013, but still getting error message " only available till March 24th 2013 whenI try and book.
Avril View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Avril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2012 at 21:00
Check back in a day or two it'll have sorted itself out:-)
Consistently inconsistent, Esse sou eu!
malagabob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malagabob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2012 at 21:49
Big smileHave just booked Avril.Smile Weird thing was had to log in to get those June dates/prices up ??? So thats next March and June sorted.
Bringing my 2 sons, their partners and grandchildren. It will be their 1st time to Albufeira and Portugal.
 Babs and myself off to Kos for a week this Saturday, another Mythos please barman.Beer

Jocelyn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocelyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2012 at 21:51
great stuff seeing the easyjet flights are released....aerlingus usually follow shortly after themSmile

LIBBY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LIBBY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2012 at 22:20
Aer Lingus flights from Belfast are out until the end of August Jocelyn.  We have already booked for June 2013.
Algarve - The closest thing to heaven !
alan&alice View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan&alice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2012 at 22:29
We've just booked easy jet to and from gatwick 13th - 20th april 2013 for alice's birthday.
just under £140 including fees etc for us both.thats next years 1st visit sortedBig smile
http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/albufeira/481652
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2012 at 23:18
Gosh  Alan I wish we could get flights as cheap from Manchester, even booking well in advance, now  Monarch want £290 & Jet2 £280, thats with one bag, putting in  same dates as you. Ryanair aint even showing flights for those dates as yet.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2012 at 23:31
malagabob - just checked Bristol & would have had no problems booking 9th - 16th June if I'd wanted to.

Currently showing £29.99 going out, £82.99 coming back
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
alan&alice View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan&alice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2012 at 23:41
Originally posted by Jayjan Jayjan wrote:

Gosh  Alan I wish we could get flights as cheap from Manchester, even booking well in advance, now  Monarch want £290 & Jet2 £280, thats with one bag, putting in  same dates as you. Ryanair aint even showing flights for those dates as yet.

I thought libby said somewhere they were?
Ah no,it was airlingus she was talking about.Ashamed

http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/albufeira/481652
Jocelyn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocelyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2012 at 08:14
Originally posted by LIBBY LIBBY wrote:

Aer Lingus flights from Belfast are out until the end of August Jocelyn.  We have already booked for June 2013.

cheers libbys....dublin aerlingus flights must be due out any day so :)
nosivad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nosivad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2012 at 09:38
EasyJet have just announced they are stopping their speedy boarding arrangements in favour of seat allocation on line and at check in; £12 a go !! more revenue for them, but at least it should stop the usual rugby scrum situation.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 83>
  Share Topic