Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 83>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote S1gh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2012 at 18:50
Hi Floozie, we booked to stay in villa Recife through "hotels4u" but they have moved us to hotel auramar as they over booked, they have even upgraded us too bed and breakfast as an apology. Not where we wanted to stay originally but nothing wrong with trying somewhere new.
J2me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J2me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2012 at 21:53
Thanks John. ECH have always had good recommendations on here so I booked them this evening. Great value all right. Cheaper than going direct to the companies. That's buying power.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2012 at 21:59
Yes John, and build your loyalty points up to 100 and you'll get a further 5% off!
Andrew
Jocelyn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocelyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/September/2012 at 22:40
anyone else watching for april 2013 flights onwards to appear on ryanair....i'm checking every day. i think they came out late september last year
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/September/2012 at 23:05
well going off the price of this years flights for Sept & Nov  I am not expecting any bargains apart from Ryanair being cheaper but not that cheap as to what we have been used to in the past. Ridiculous prices with Jet2 & Monarch from Manchester.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
JulieC View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulieC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/September/2012 at 23:42
We are hoping to get out towards the end of the month but as you say the price of flights are ridiculous.  I have never seen them so expensive.  I looked at package hols to Albufeira for the same dates out of curiosity, and they are charging over £700 for a week b&b in Cerro Alagoa.  What's going on!!
julie
Avril View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/September/2012 at 09:06
Newcastle flights are ridiculous too. Xmas and new Year silly prices. By contrast we are probably driving down at the end of October and the ferry fares are half what they were in the summer!
Consistently inconsistent, Esse sou eu!
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/September/2012 at 09:15
Ferry interesting... oh, I'm gonna regret starting that again aren't I? LOL!
Andrew
Avril View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/September/2012 at 09:21
LOL - yes you are!! I could get ferry annoyed with youWink
Consistently inconsistent, Esse sou eu!
S1gh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S1gh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/September/2012 at 09:44
I had a look a couple of weeks ago for a possible visit in November.
I searched for a full package on the travel republic site, was pleasantly surprised.
Car park at Manchester, day time flights, private transfer, BB at the hotel above the tunnel (forgot the name) 4* sea view and extra baggage, £550 for 2 adults.
Not looked in the last couple of weeks as still not sure if we can sort the time off yet.
carolenclive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolenclive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/September/2012 at 13:13
We are over for a week in Nov staying in Oura at Quinta pedra dos bicos s/c.Flying from Manchester am flights with Monarch and private transfer £411 for the 2 of us.Didnt think that was too bad.Just hope the weather is good.
caz
S1gh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S1gh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2012 at 11:27
Had another look on travel republic last night and if your flexible on dates (mid week flights) and your not a airline snob they are offering flights from Manchester from £60 plus baggage. Tempting!!!!
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2012 at 11:50
Problem is when booking flights as part of a so called package with companies such as Travelrepublic  are not live prices for the flights, lots of flights booked through Travelrepublic are with Ryanair and not confirmed straight away by email. You then pays your money to Travel republic only to find an email the day after stating the cost of the flight has increased. Loads of complaints re this on  Tripadvisor bargain travel forum.So be wary.
The info below is on every page of travelrepublic's website page, I bet not many people read it

Travelrepublic is a travel search website acting as agent only. Each product (eg' Flights, hotel or car hire) has its own price independent of any other products booked at the same time and creates a seperate contract directly between you and the provider of that product.

Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2012 at 12:08
Interesting. On the back of this thread I did some searching last night for flights over October half term and mid week to mid week, Monarch from Birmingham return was, I thought, very good,  Â£110pp. 
Given that it's half term, and the gist of this thread, I was pleasantly surprised.
Andrew
Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2012 at 12:43
Hi Jayjan

I always book through Travel Republic using a credit card and I dont doubt for a minute what you say is correct but I have never had any bother with TR as far as flights going up after I have booked them.

I have twice received a full refund from TR for cancelled flights. once when the volcano in Iceland erupted and othe other time was when I had to cancell due to being ill.
Thay also re-imbursed me 37.5 euros for a return transport that did not turn up.
A friend of mine aslo swears by Icelolly, but I have never used them.

Ally
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 83>
  Share Topic