Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 83>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2018 at 10:34
Ryanair complained about Air Passenger duty ... but truthfully, they face a lot of competition at Glasgow, whose passenger numbers continue to rise year on year. Scottish Government can`t reduce the duty (as promised) because they need EU agreement (or Brexit agreement) to protect other regions.

Ryanair are still using Glasgow Prestwick, which is 40 min drive from central Glasgow .. 10 min drive from my house. I use them to fly back from Faro (also to Edinburgh) because the times were always far more convenient ... and they didn`t fly to Faro from Glasgow anyway.
Pyrman
cameroncleggout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2018 at 10:54
We are looking to book 2019 Holidays at the moment and every provider we have looked at are only taking bookings up to 29 April 2019. And what is scheduled to officially happen on this date ?
cameronout
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2018 at 11:23
Dunno. Brexit happens on 31 March 2019.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-32810887
According to the Scotsman Edinburgh was Scotland's busiest airport in '17 - 13 millon+ against Glasgow's 9.9 million+.  You'd think Glasgow being quieter would give Ryanair a chance to negotiate lower airport fees.  Maybe this is part of the negotiating process. Love him or loath him O'leary is a wiley negotiator.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2018 at 11:41
OK guys and gals, the next TWO batches of Easyjet flights are being released next month.

On Thursday 12th April, flights will be available until 3rd February 2019. 

And, on Thursday 26th April, you'll also be able to book flights until 24th March 2019.

Colin
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2018 at 15:05
Just a quick reminder folks:-

Tomorrow, Thursday 26th April, you'll be able to book flights until 24th March 2019 with EasyJet. 😁
Colin
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/April/2018 at 06:16
Just booked our return flight for March - outward in Jan already booked.
Faro to Southend £19.70 each (no extras)
So that's a return flight for 2 people ror £81 - £15 cheaper than we paid for this years Jan/Mar trip, which was on almost identical dates.

Smile

The next lot of flights (25th March to 22nd June) will be on sale in October - last year those flights came on sale on 20th September.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Cooknoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cooknoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2018 at 15:06
I’ve just been checking out flights from Manchester to Faro for early next year, and found that EasyJet are coming in as the cheapest. News to me indeed. Anyway after a rummage on google it seems that this new route is one of five being introduced from Manchester from 2nd November 2018.
We’ve never flown EasyJet before as their closest departure airport to us was Liverpool (for Faro) Any opinions on how they rate against Ryanair and Jet2 (apart from cost) would be welcomed - Thanks.
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2018 at 15:17
I always fly Easyjet from Glasgow to Faro for a decent afternoon flight time ...return with Ryanair. Price can be a factor, but convenience is often the gamechanger.
Pyrman
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2018 at 15:52
These days we fly Easyjet to Faro from Newcastle and have for the last 20 odd flights. They have been great and we've only been delayed once. Their baggage allowance is flexible, boarding process straightforward and prices competitive.

Their fleet is modern and I also like the use of airbridges at Faro rather than buses. Their app allows realtime updates including a link to Flightradar24 to show exactly where your incoming plane is 😁

We used to use Jet2 and, apart from older aircraft, had no complaints but they are consistently dearer than Easyjet.

We've not used Ryanair to date.

I'm sure others will have their opinions but if Easyjet are competitive, give them a try.
Colin
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2018 at 19:31
Have used Easyjet frequently and regularly since 2002.
We currently travel Southend to Faro & back, either 3, 4 or 5 times a year.
If you book early they are great value for money - our 3 visits this year (2 people return) have cost us around £300 total - basically £50 each return x 3 visits.
Out of 100+ flights over the last 16 years we have never had more than 5 serious delays and most of them were due to French Air Traffic Controllers being on strike.
Modern & clean planes plus great staff.
Wouldn't fly with anyone else unless forced to.

Tip - don't buy any extras (speedy boarding, pre booked seats, etc etc)
They are not worth the money. we've never had to sit apart and even without speedy boarding we still arrive at the same time as everybody else.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2018 at 20:36
DICEY, I agree with the exception of pre booking seats.
We have been placed apart once an friends of ours have been separated on a few occasions, both with Easyjet and Ryanair.

Doesn't bother me too much but my wife's fussy who's shoulder she falls asleep on. 🤣
Colin
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/July/2018 at 10:33
I mostly fly Ryanair from Edinburgh as they are cheaper but occassionally Jet2, the only alternative, if the price difference isn't too great. The only advantage to Jet2 is that they use the airbridge at Faro. For someone with a suspect leg this is better than Ryanair's trip downstairs to apron level then up to the aircraft.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Wireman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wireman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/July/2018 at 12:44
Jock, we used Jet2 last week flying from Manchester and have never parked so far away at an airport before, we could barely see the terminal building. You Scots are spoiled Smile.
Regular Visitor
jameswhufc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameswhufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/July/2018 at 13:25
Recently for flights with Easyjet i have taken to getting leg room seats. I'm tall so it does make a difference for me. But the benefits include speedy boarding and an extra bag which comes in handy when I'm only doing hand luggage. 
Speedy boarding is nice and i do get on quicker and a plus is, they dont take away my cabin bag and say it needs to go in hold (although i argue my case if they try this).
Cooknoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cooknoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/July/2018 at 11:23
Thanks all for your opinions. We’ve just booked flights Feb to March next year with EasyJet from Manchester £112.00 return including seats (didn’t want to take the risk of being seated apart). The only thing I don’t like, is that if you try to add hold luggage (which we do on occasions), you have to pay for both outward and inward journeys when booking online. With Ryanair, you can bring luggage one way, and I think with Jet2 it’s the same.
Do any of you long stay travellers use the mobile boarding pass for EasyJet? I have to admit to being a bit of a dinosaur, and like to present the paper version at the airport, however as our stay exceeds 30 days, we’ll either have to buy our own printer, find somewhere that prints them, or rely on the app being reliable.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 83>
  Share Topic