Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Sports Results & Opinions/Resultados Desportivos e Opiniões
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMORTAL FOOTBALL CLUB ALBUFEIRA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 57>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/January/2019 at 11:22
Imortal 2 - 0 Lusitano VRSA

Imortal made hard work of beating opposition who managed not a single shot on target over the whole match. It was not until mid way through the second period that Imortal made the breakthrough, Mateus scoring from close range after the 'keeper had twice fumbled the ball. That was after Lusitano had had a player sent off for two yellow cards. The second goal came from the penalty spot, literally the last kick of the game, after a series of incidents which saw two more visiting players sent off.

It was not, overall, a good spectacle. The first half was particularly dire, with Imortal mustering just two half decent goal chances. One fell to Mateus ten minutes before the end of the first 45, his first shot was blocked and the rebound sent wide. Fábio had a tame header easily stopped right on half time and that was about it. Lusitano offered no threat whatsoever, There was little clue as to what would unfold in the second half.

Imortal had obviously been told off at half time. Tidjane opened the second period with a  good first time shot that narrowly missed. He started to put in some good runs down the right wing, crossing well. Also effective in that area was the tireless Mateus, who send over  a great cross which the goalkeeper decided to let it fly, Oliveira's header crashed against the crossbar and off behind.

A second yellow card on 62 minutes reduced the visitors to ten men. Things started to get a bit nasty, there were some pretty wild challenges coming in from the visitors and as always a terrible sense of injustice when free kicks and yellow cards resulted.

A few minutes after the sending off, another cross was delivered, ´keeper and defence messed it up totally, the ball was bouncing all over the place until Mateus lashed it in from five metres. 1-0 Imortal.

Imortal still couldn't make much headway against the ten men and there were some nerves around the ground whenever they had the ball,  especially with the news that leaders Moncarapachense were losing. A win was vital for Imortal. The ten men pressed and did actually manage a shot but it was miles wide. Some more bad tackles, more yellow cards. Then one of the Lusitano coaching staff was 'sent off' for some remark. A moment later it all kicked off down in the corner with Imortal on the attack and yet another foul. A second yellow for the defender after a hack was followed by a melée in which the referee was pushed and shoved. Another red card and at least two more yellows. Imortal's players were pulling their opponents from the scene, but after a couple of minutes of disorder they were down to eight men. After that it was a matter of riding out the five minutes of added time. The score was made a bit better with a penalty, converted by Pelé, after a comical push by an obviously fed-up defender. 2-0 Imortal and a win that put them firmly into second place, two points behind Moncarapachense and with a game in hand. That's five clean sheets in the last seven games. Next game is away to Lagoa next Saturday.

Match stats

Free kicks conceded : Imortal 14, Lusitano VRSA 20 plus the penalty
Offside : Imortal 3, Lusitano VRSA  3
Shots on target : Imortal 2, Lusitano VRSA 0
Shots off target : Imortal 6, Lusitano VRSA 4
Shots blocked : Imortal 4, Lusitano VRSA 0
Corners : Imortal 6, Lusitano VRSA 4
Yelow cards : Imortal 2, Lusitano VRSA at least 6
Red Cards : Imortal 0, Lusitano 3.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/January/2019 at 19:21
Hi Tom
I am on my way over and would like to go to the Lagoa away game. Can you tell me my options of how to get there and back please?

Ally
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/January/2019 at 20:15
If I were going, which I cannot as I am playing in a bowls match, I would take the 1325 Transrápido bus from Albufeira bus station to Lagoa, arrival 1405. The bus goes past the ground and into the bus station about 200 yards down the road. The ground is a bit of a dump, but the bar is OK.

Coming back, last time I went on the bus, it meant running like %$%$/ for the 1655 bus back as the next one isn't until 1830! Luckily for me it was three or four minutes late but with the amount of time the refs add on for substitutions and arguments it's a bit of a gamble - or miss the last 5 minutes or so.

I suppose the alternative is to walk the 3km to the little station at Estombar for the train at 1737 but that's also a pushing it a bit.

If you do go I hope it's worth the effort! I will be at the home game the following Saturday,

There's also Vitesse Arnhem v Livingston at Ferreiras on Friday afternoon.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/January/2019 at 13:00
The upshot of the melée at Imortal last Saturday was that two visiting players received a 1 match suspension, another received a two match ban and the fat bloke sent from the bench a 30 day ban and €30 fine.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/January/2019 at 09:06
Yesterday, Lagoa 1 - 1 Imortal. I was unable to go as my own sporting excellence was required on the bowling green. We won!

No ground lost by Imortal as leaders Moncarapachense also drew. Next game is at home to Messinense next Saturday.
Albufeira Resident

Lofters View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lofters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2019 at 00:28
I had the pleasure[?] of the Lagoa/Imortal game, on a nice sunny afternoon yesterday. 
Imortal were the better team overall, without creating much in the way of chances. Lagoa were a roughhouse bunch and after taking the barely deserved lead when a missh*t shot from twenty yards somehow bobbled through defenders and past the slow reacting custodian, they were prepared to stoop to any depths for the win.
Eventually late on, a wild Imortal shot [which might have hit the cornerflag] was luckily deflected to one of their wingers who calmly flicked it home.
Still there was time for a melee, in the last minute. Imortal hoofed a free kick into the Lagoa penalty area and a mad scramble ensued. Cue much screaming and falling over from both teams. Eventually the ball was booted upfield, and out came the handbags. Referee showed straight reds to a Neanderthal Lagoa centrehalf and a youthful, scrawny Imortal sub [I think]..... before blowing for full time. 

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/January/2019 at 09:13
Thank you for that, we shall see the discipline report on Friday!
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/January/2019 at 09:15
Algarve FA reports that WILLIAMS CLAYBERT GOMES FADINI of Imortal receives a two match ban for violent conduct, as does MIGUEL ANGELO JESUS COSTA of Lagoa. In addition a member of the Lagoa coaching staff receives a 1 month ban plus €30 fine and the club as a whole fined €100 for 'threatening or disorderly behaviour among spectators'. (There is a higher level of fine when such behaviour interrupts the game or officials or players are physically affected.)
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/January/2019 at 10:00
Imortal 2 - 1 Messinense - home side rescued by a superb goal deep into added time at the end of the game. Report later.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/January/2019 at 11:34
Imortal 2 - 1 Messinense

Although Imortal dominated the game for long periods, they were unable to turn possession into goals. Coming out in an attacking 3-3-4 formation against the league's bottom team, they were frustrated by an increasingly stubborn defence, which ultimately cost the visitors four yellow and one red card. It was not until three minutes into added time at the end that a superb strike by Paollo Oliveira gave Imortal three precious points.

The first half was largely devoid of incident until half way through, save for the award of a foul throw against Imortal for stealing ground. That's something that is almost never punished here, let alone anywhere else.

It wasn't until 25 minutes had gone by when Imortal managed their first shot at goal, an attempt by midfielder Aylmar from about 20 metres out that sailed over the bar. Messinense responded with an attack that gained a free kick, delivered high into the  area. ´keeper Nélio Pereira parried it but only as far as former Imortal player Nascimento, who blasted it straight back at him from close range. That hurt! The ball rebounded out for a throw some 30 metres upfield as Pereira collapsed in a heap. Fully three minutes went by until had recovered enough to carry on. A second breakaway attack by the visitors was thwarted by a good tackle from captain Rodrigues. Imortal finished the half on top again, but where was a goal coming from? Not a shot on target the whole 45 minutes.

Imortal started the second half strongly. Miguel Cascalvo replaced Aylmar at half-time, he was to prove his worth later. A cross by wing back Tidjeane Baldé was not cleared but shots by Oliveira and Betinho were both blocked. The breakthrough came after nine minutes of the second period. Corner on the right to Imortal, expertly delivered by Cascalvo to the far post to be met by Rodrigues running in, unchallenged, to head home from the corner of the goal area.

Messinense responded again with a series of attacks, which Imortal's defence dealt with until, with twenty minutes left, they failed to clear a free kick and the ball was eventually slammed in from close range by defender Mica. Much was the joy among travelling fans.

Imortal attacked continuously after that but to no avail. Messinenses defence became increasingly desperate. Mateus, have a look! Miles offside when a square defence should have been outwitted, a simple chance spurned. Then a few moments later he blazed the ball miles over the bar.

Four minutes added time was shown. Three minutes in, after a flurry of yellow cards, Imortal won a free kick on the right touchline about 40 metres from goal. Umaro Baldé floated it in towards goal, the ´keeper punched but only to Oliveira, just outside the area. who sent it back with interest, a great shot,  low and very hard into the back of the net. Great were the celebrations among fans and players alike, everyone knew how valuable the points were. Oliveira was buried under a heap of team-mates and emerged at the end looking a little squashed. Video - https://pt-pt.facebook.com/imortalfans/videos/2191979707716764/

Right at the end, Tijdeane Baldé was hacked down, yellow card produced then a red, presumably for arguing. to defender Ruben. A coach was also sent from the visitors bench.

All in all three points won but far from an ideal performance. Leaders Moncarapachense also won, so the gap remains at two points but Imortal do have a game in hand. Next Saturday Imortal travel to play Quarteira SC, with whom they drew at home 2-2 earlier in the season.

Match stats

Free kicks conceded : Imortal 13, Messinense 19
Offside : Imortal 4, Messinense 0
Shots on Target : Imortal 3, Messinense 3
Shots off target : Imortal 5, Messinense 1
Shots blocked : Imortal 5, Messinense 2

Corners : Imortal 5, Messinense 3
Yellow cards : Imortal 1, Messinense 4
Red Cards : Messinense 1

And just for your information, scenes from an U-15 match Lisbon last week. 'So proud of your conduct' is the sarcastic comment on the Messinense facebook page!

https://pt-pt.facebook.com/kickoffduartegomes/videos/731615910565270/

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/January/2019 at 09:44
Late news - Imortal have been invited to play a 'training match' against Chinese super league side

HeBei China Fortune FC

tonight at the Parchal stadium, ko 1945hrs. Among their number is former star Mascherano.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/January/2019 at 10:43
Result last night was a 1-1 draw. A good showing by the lads is the approximate translation of the Facebook item which has some video - https://pt-pt.facebook.com/FutebolImortalDesportivoClube/
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/January/2019 at 10:11
Yesterday's result - Quarteira SC 1 -1 Imortal

I was unable to go. I will see that I can write up from other sources tomorrow.

That and other results leaves the top of the table looking like this :

Moncarapachense Pl 16 pts 33
Imortal Albufeira pl 16 pts 32
Lagos Pl 17 pts 32
11 Esperanças pl 16 pts 31

Imortal play Moncarapachense next Saturday at Albufeira Stadium. After that, three games remain in the first phase before  the league splits in to the second phase groups to determine promotion and relegation.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/January/2019 at 11:04
'Lofters' reports from Quarteira

"A good one to miss!

The pitch was very bobbly, so inevitably there was a lot of hoof n run.

Overall there might have been a total of five shots on target in the game, but I may be erring on the high side.

Quateira were tough and solid with a monstrous centre-crash who spent the first half winning every header [to no avail] other than one thumping close range header which Imortals goalie saved expertly´.

Imortal were quicker and played the neater football, but with no focal point upfront it amounted to fancy dan football which petered out at the penalty box.

Second half was marginally better. Quarteira scored when the monster eventually managed a half turn in the six yard box, shooting across and in at the far post. 1-0. That was his last contribution as he was immediately wheeled off.

Imortal managed a gallop at last [in a way identical to their recent showing at Lagoa]. A couple of subs livened it up and the Quarteira defence tired. Eventually a spectacularly sliced own goal gave Imortal their point [and me something to smile about at last] just as the 90 minutes were up. They searched for a barely deserved winner in added time but nothing resulted

One of the few Algarve League games I've seen this trip where there was no fight and no red cards, though the merry whistleblower woke up in the second half with a few yellows."
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/February/2019 at 20:30
Today - Imortal 1 - 0 Moncarapchense result that puts Imortal top of the League. A close and tense game report Monday as I am out all day Sunday from far too early.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 57>
  Share Topic