Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Sports Results & Opinions/Resultados Desportivos e Opiniões
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMORTAL FOOTBALL CLUB ALBUFEIRA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 57>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2012 at 11:59
How sad that clubs fold due to lack of funds for pitch hire, while two of the richest football clubs in the world are on the doorstep.
TomUK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2012 at 10:44
Tom

I would just like to express my appreciation of the work you put in reporting on and explaining the Portuguese football scene. As someone who has been involved in local amateur football for most of my life it's interesting to get an insight into the situation over there. It has echoes of the grass roots scene in the UK as lond standing local leagues in my area (Greater Manchester/Cheshire) continue to fold due to lack of clubs. Just ten years ago one of our local leagues had four divisions and over 50 clubs. Last season there were 7 clubs in the top division and 8 in the second, playing each other three times. They could of course have gone with just one division with 15 clubs, but they wanted to try and preserve the promotion element. This season they have ceased to exist. Seems there are a mixture of reasons. Lack of interest among youngsters, increasing costs involved regarding council pitch hire at over £450 per season for alternate weekends and increasing kit prices have all taken their toll.
The local schools football scene is quite healthy, but it seems very few youngsters carry on in the sport after their schooldays are over. All very sad.
I didn't see any mention of schools football in Portugal. How are things in that department?

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/September/2012 at 17:54
Despite another club dropping out of the league. the clubs voted to maintain the original fixture list which gives each club four free dates during the season.

I still cannot find the cup draw anywhere!
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/September/2012 at 12:12
IMORTAL FIXTURES 2012/2013

League Season starts 6th October. The league is in trouble. Many teams have dropped out  for financial reasons (one item being the €150 for the mandatory three armed police required to keep order among average crowds of 100) and so far the League has only one Division of 17 teams. There is no sign of long established clubs such as Guia, Campinense, Santa Luzia and Estombar. One new side is Algarve United. I don't know if this is a resurrection of the short-lived club of the same name that was around six or seven years ago.

Also gone are Tavira, Bensafrim, Serrano and Quarteirense B.

Complete Imortal fixture list - Algarve Cup matches not included. The draw was apparently made on Friday but I cannot find it.

http://www.algarvebus.info/imortal.htm

A bonus perhaps this coming season is that the champions will be promoted to the National Divisão II (third tier) as the National set-up completes its reorganisation with the abolition of the National third tier. Third tier clubs will be subsumed into the appropriate regional leagues.

The complete fixture list can be found at

http://www.afalgarve.pt/ultimas/SEN%201%20DIV.pdf
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/September/2012 at 11:56
Short answer to the above is no. The Algarve League begins on 6th October. Pre-season matches are no advertised and usually played behind closed doors.

The higher leagues are playing - Check under the post 'Last weekend's results, next week's games' for matches nearby.
Albufeira Resident

TomUK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/August/2012 at 12:22
Hello Cubsur

We're in Albufeira, Friday, August 31st - Friday, September 14th.
Is there anything happening on the local football scene, or is it too early for league games?  I notice last season didn't start for Imortal until 1st October. Does the same apply this time? Are there any pre-season friendlies I could go to?

Regards - Tom
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/May/2012 at 10:11
Age group leagues - Imortal's other teams

Campeonato Nacional de Juniores (Under 19) - 2ª Divisão (2011 / 2012)

Imortal will be relegated to the Algarve U-19 League.

Campeonato Nacional de Juvenis (U-17) (2011 / 2012)

Imortal finished 3rd in the southern section. There's hope yet!

Campeonato Nacional de Iniciados (U-15) 2011 / 2012 Zone F

Imortal finished 6th of 12.

Campeonato Distrital de Juvenis 1st Division 2011 / 2012

Imortal finished 7th of 12. Ferreiras were bottom!

Campeonato Distrital de Iniciados 2011 / 2012
      Classificação - 1ª Divisão

Imortal finished 11th of 12 and are relegated to the Second Division.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2012 at 09:38
The 'crowd' at the Leiria game was 1278. Leiria decamped from the huge Euro 2004 stadium in the city and play now at the much smaller Marinha Grande stadium a few miles away.

So, 1278 average 10 Euros = €12780

Their opponents didn't manage to score until the end of first half stoppage time so the eight men did well for a time. Leiria are bottom of the league and will be relegated, if they survive.

I wonder what prompted the mass gathering? Their two previous home games against ordinary teams attracted (if that's the word) 683 and 717. Their recent game against Sporting saw the stadium full at nearly 5,000, so I wonder what happened to the 50,000 Euros or so in gate receipts from that one?

To put that into context, Imortal had about 120 fans there on Saturday. It was a 'club day' being the final game of the season and members got in free - it's normally 1 Euro. Non-members paid €2,50.

Or, by comparison, Woking in the Blue Square South League (level Six) had 4,000 for their last home game of the season. The chap I chatted to last Saturday (a director of Campinense) said he could only dream of even 400 turning up to his games (their average attendance is 60) and they complain that €2,50 is too expensive to watch Algarve League games.
Albufeira Resident

Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2012 at 17:50
I am sure they always use a suitcase to bank the gate receipts. Would hardly have raised an eyebrow at the financias or the GNR I am sure...

J2me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J2me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2012 at 17:06
€6K.

In a suitcase!!!

Clap
Black Cat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2012 at 16:49
On the back of your comment on VRSA not paying their players, Liga Sagres side Leiria only fielded 8 players yesterday, after 16 players handed in resignation letters over delays in payments.  (The team lost 0-4 by the way).  Club president has said one of the players stole a suitcase of money from the club prior to the match (€5,000).

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2012 at 09:21
Imortal signed off the season with a good 4-2 win over Campinense. A hat-trick of well taken goals from Miguel Pita was the highlight of the afternoon. Imortal were comfortably 4-1 up with a few minutes left, Campinense were gifted a goal (our defence is still a bit uncertain) and then they hit the crossbar so the last few minutes were a bit fraught.

Imortal finished 7th on goal difference, the highest position since relegation from the national leagues in 2008.

Final league table

Elsewhere, Ferreiras could only draw their final game so the League title and promotion goes to Lusitano VRSA. However, I heard from a reputable source that they have not paid their players since January and are in serious financial trouble.

It costs €540 just in fees and charges to put on a home game in National III and the doubters say there is no way  VRSA can sustain this on average attendances of 100 paying €6 each to get in!

Full round up tomorrow.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/April/2012 at 09:36
Imortal's last game of the season is next Saturday, 28th April, at home to Campinense. On Saturday they beat Silves 2-1 thanks to an excellent free kick from top scorer Miguel Pita (we won't keep him next season) and a slightly dubious goal off a rebound that was flagged over by the linesman, leading to mass protests by the Silves players and some fairly ugly scenes at the end prompted by a couple of spectators. For once, the presence of the three armed police was justified!

The game was a a typical niggly, cheaty, Portuguese game with fifty-one free kicks (I counted them) of which Silves were responsible for 29. They had a player sent off at the end for a second yellow.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/April/2012 at 10:56
A few more pictures from yesterday. It was raining hard when we scored - didn't want to get the camera wet.

The Lusitano wall looks back, but the freekick went tamely wide.

Just a half chance, but missed.

The Tony Adams school of defending.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/April/2012 at 09:03
Yesterday - Lusitano VRSA 2 - 1 Imortal. A good game overall, worth getting wet for. Imortal played particularly well in the second half, having gone in 2-0 down and had the league leaders on the rack for the final 20 minutes. So much so that three home players were booked for theatrical time wasting in the last 5 minutes and they were reduced to keeping the ball in the corner to avoid dropping points.

Imortal (in red) pile on the pressure

Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 57>
  Share Topic