Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Sports Results & Opinions/Resultados Desportivos e Opiniões
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMORTAL FOOTBALL CLUB ALBUFEIRA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 57>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/October/2013 at 10:23
Imortal began the new season with a competent 1-0 win at Lagoa. The only goal was scored by Fua, a minute before half time. A corner was not properly cleared, he hit the loose ball into goal through a crowd of players from the edge of the area.

There was a scare halfway through the second half. Lagoa were awarded a penalty for handball. It was saved and the rebound hacked to safety.

It was though one of those dreadful matches littered with petty fouls and shirt pulling, not helped by an over zealous referee who booked a player after just 3 minutes and thus set the tone for the rest of the afternoon. Lagoa were by far the worst offenders, earning six yellow cards then a red just before the end. Imortal's only yellow was for the handball that led to the penalty.

Match Stats

Free kicks conceded Imortal 18 + the penalty, Lagoa 21
Offside : Imortal 1, Lagoa 3
Shots on target : Imortal 2, Lagoa 2
Shots blocked : Imortal 0, Lagoa 2
Shots off target : Imortal 5, Lagoa 4
Corners : Imortal 4, Lagoa 6
Yellow card : Imortal 1, Lagoa 6
Red Card, Imortal 0, Lagoa 1

Attendance : about 70

Imortal's next game is Saturday 12th at home to Odeaexere, ko 3pm to confirmed on Tuesday.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2013 at 08:44
Imortal's complete fixture list can be seen now at

http://www.algarvebus.info/imortal.htm

There are 19 teams in the League, so there are a couple of free dates. With the abolition of a lot of public holidays there are only two or three midweek games including a busy programme at the end of April, with a game on Friday 25th (Freedom Day), another on the Sunday then one more on the Wednesday after. I would imagine some clubs would seek to re-arrange!

Imortal have a bye in the first round of the Algarve Cup. The  second round may be played on 9th November which currently has no League matches scheduled.

The complete Algarve league fixture list can be downloaded from

http://www.afalgarve.pt/com/pdf/2013_14/CO8.pdf
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/September/2013 at 10:20
Imortal's first game of the new season will be away to Lagoa, Saturday 5th October. Lagoa were relegated from the national 3rd Division last season.

The season will run until 31st May and the League will have 19 teams if I read things correctly.

The complete fixture list is not yet on the Algarve FA website. As soon as it is, I shall list Imortal's matches in the usual place.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/May/2013 at 11:39
Imortal drew their final match of the season on Saturday 0-0 at Alvor.

They finished 2nd to Ferreiras, a mighty improvement on the previous two seasons.

Full round up tomorrow as usual.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2013 at 12:28
Rest of the pictures from Ferreiras on Sunday

http://sdrv.ms/10pp2oN
Albufeira Resident

J2me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J2me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2013 at 01:25
Originally posted by Algarveaddick Algarveaddick wrote:

Congratulations to Ferreiras, a well deserved championship, but also a big shout for Imortal. Would any of us predicted such a high finish this season? Well done to the players and staff on a great achievement, and thank you to our friend Tom (Cubsur) for keeping us so well informed throughout the season! Onwards and upwards... Come on you reds!

A major achievement for both clubs. I remember reports from  last year, this season too and to finish the year in this way is great.  Big smile
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2013 at 00:53
Congratulations to Ferreiras, a well deserved championship, but also a big shout for Imortal. Would any of us predicted such a high finish this season? Well done to the players and staff on a great achievement, and thank you to our friend Tom (Cubsur) for keeping us so well informed throughout the season! Onwards and upwards... Come on you reds!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2013 at 00:12
These will have to do for the minute. I am working harder now than when I was at work!

Leandro's despairing dive cannot prevent Ferreiras (yellow shirts) from taking the lead.

Ferreiras players were suitably decorated for the occasion!

Ferreiras players celebrate at the end of the game.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2013 at 11:14
Bad, bad. A big anticlimax to what could have been a very good match. Ferrreiras had already won the league and were able to rest on their laurels so to speak.

The crowd was, to me, surprisingly small. Only about 250 I would say, including quite a few  from Imortal. I wonder how many they are going to get next season when people will have to pay €6 to get in as opposed to the €2,50 this season?

Anyway, turning to the match. The first half was dire in the extreme. The wind didn't help, but the main culprit was the referee who awarded five free kicks in the first five minutes and managed to find a total of 21 free kicks in that half alone.

Imoratl did manage to hit the frame of the goal with one of their three shots, but failed to take advantage of the wind to create chances. First choice players Pita and Sandro were back in the side, but that made no difference.

Ferrieras did use the wind. For the second match running, Imortal were caught cold and a defensive mixup let in Ferreiras for their first after just five minutes of the second half. The PA announcer went hysterical, anyone would think they had won something.

Ten minutes later, a similar story and Ferreiras went two up. But at least Imortal made them work, and kept the number of chances down. In fact, I counted only three shots on target for Ferreiras and they scored from each one. Leandro only really touched the ball to gather it from the back of the net.

Ferreiras had to wait until the final moments for their third goal by which time Imortal weer down to ten men. Ten minutes were left when Rui Sacramento launched himself into a do-or-die tackle. No free kick against him, but it was one of those where the players know right away that someone is really hurt. Play stopped instantly and for a good four or five minutes he received attention. He got up, staggered off then insisted on coming back on. Silly man, he was clearly in no fit state and soon left the field. Imortal played out the game with ten, having used all their subs and looking deflated. The home side duly scored a third at which point the referee redeemed himself by stopping the fight (to use boxing parlance) after just one extra minute when he could have easily added six or seven.
MATCH STATS

Free kicks conceded Imortal 10 Ferreiras 19 (only 2 of Imortal's were in the second half!)
Offside : Imortal  4, Ferreiras none
Shots on target : Imortal none, none at all. Ferreiras 3
Shots off target : Imortal 5, Ferreiras 5
Shots blocked Imortal 1, Ferreiras 2
Corners : Imortal 4, Ferreiras 5
Yellow cards : Imortal 0, Ferreiras 1 (for feigning injury I think)
Red Cards : none

Match time : 1st half 46:43, 2nd half 45:47

I do have some pictures from the game, which I will sort out later.

Ferreiras have two games left with which to crown their season. Imortal meanwhile have a week off then go to Alvor for their last game of the season.

In the National Juniors (U19) championship, Imortal played their final match and managed a creditable 2-2 draw with Sporting.They finished third in a  group of six in the second phase and bow out. Not bad though, only beaten by the U19's of Benfica and Sporting who you would expect to have quality players.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2013 at 20:19
Ferrieras 3 - 0 Imortal. Bad all round, first half especially poor by both teams.

More tomorrow.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2013 at 08:54
Ah, yes. I had heard that there was an unofficial match programme at Olhanense. Thanks for reminding me.
Albufeira Resident

Lucan Bohs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucan Bohs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2013 at 16:42
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

None of the clubs in Portugal, including the top league, produces a match day programme or team sheet except for European games when I think they are compelled to do so. .

I got one at Olhanense, although that was produced and sold by the Expat Supporters club
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2013 at 10:45
None of the clubs in Portugal, including the top league, produces a match day programme or team sheet except for European games when I think they are compelled to do so.

At the start of the season I grabbed the Imortal PA announcers team sheet! He does gabble through it a bit. The  every now and then a new player comes along, so it's a question of asking.

I will suggest that he reads the names a little more slowly next season!

The Algarve Leage season ends on May 11th. That's the same day as the FA Cup Final and, now that Imortal are out of the running, I won't be making the trip that day to Alvor. It's a dismal ground anyway!

Ferreiras will be at home to Aljezur on Saturday 4th, ko 4pm. Imortal do not have a game. Ferreiras will also be at home on the 11th at 4pm no doubt in party mode.

The Algarve Cup Final is on Wednesday 1st May 4pm at the Algarve Stadium - see relevant post below.

In the lower echelons of the national leagues there will be Fourth division matches on Sundays until the 8th of June! The ridiculous two-phase system and the fact that they never play midweek, means week after week of meaningless matches, except for Lagos who have an outside chance of promotion.

In the third division, the season ends this Sunday. Farense need to win their final match to gain promotion.

Portimonense, in the second league and safe in mid table, will be at home on Wednesday 8th May then their final game is also at home, on Sunday 19th. The Wednesday match might well be in the afternoon. Such is the lack of interest and it saves on floodlights.

Finally, Olhanense (Olhão's team) in the top league are scheduled to be at home on the 5th and 19th of May but times and dates are not yet fixed. They may well be in the final stages of their struggle to avoid relegation.

The Algarve U19 league ended last week and Imortal are out of the National U19 competition, so there are no more matches scheduled except that the U17's have their final game on 5th May, but they usually play on the artificial pitch in the morning. They are not going to win anything.

You be luckier I think for your early September visit. Now that Ferreiras will be in the national third division (it has been restructured as of next season) that season starts normally the first weekend of September. The top two leagues, featuring Olhanense, Portimonense and all being well Farense will already be under way. The various Algarve league seasons do not start until the 3rd week of September at the earliest. Pre-season matches are not advertised, for various reasons.
Albufeira Resident

TomUK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/April/2013 at 16:18
Very enjoyable reading Tom. Pity the Albufeira boys got squeezed out of the title. As the under-19s seem to be a useful squad, is not possible that a few could be drafted into the first team set up next season in the hope of making the team stronger?
You seem familiar with all the players' names, but do they have a basic match day programme or info sheet giving players' names and squad numbers for the uninitiated?
I get a bit frustrated, because we usually spend first half of May and first half of September over there and the season seems to have either just finished in May or not yet started in September. Are there any local cup games or junior games scheduled for the stadium during May?

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/April/2013 at 08:52
That draw plus a crushing victory for Ferreiras means we have to go there on Sunday  knowing they will already be Algarve champions and promoted into the national leagues. Grrr.

Imortal were missing a couple of key players yesterday in Muguel Pita and Sandro and it showed in the first half. Coach Baba gave a league debut to English U19 player Ben (sorry forgotten his second name) but he was clearly off the pace and was subbed at half time.

The wind didn't help, swirling around the stadium. The fist half was pretty dire with nothing much to note until Moncarapachense too the lead ten minutes before the break. Imortal failed to clear a corner properly and a snap shot from 25yards screamed into the net, wind assisted.

The visitors increased their lead two minutes into the second half, Imortal were still in the changing room and were caught napping by a swift break and a good cross that was collected and converted well.

Imortal woke up and pulled one back three minutes later in a goalmouth scramble. I have no idea who scored nor did anyone else I asked.

The action continued fast and furious, with the emphasis on furious as the half went on.

Imortal conceded another poor goal after fifteen minutes. The ref played a good advantage (not often you can say that here) after an Imortal foul just inside the visitors half. Their tricky winger beat the defenders in front of him and crossed to an unmarked colleague who had an easy finish.

Back came Imortal with two goals in five minutes. The wind foiled attempts to properly clear a corner and Roberto Cardozo stabbed home the loose ball from inside the six yard box. In almost an exact repeat five minutes later, then it was Fua who took the chance. 3-3.

It started to get a bit silly after that, with Imortal pressing and Moncarapachense resorting to spoiling tactics. A flurry of bookings ensued, either for dissent or dodgy tackles. The match was a couple of minutes into what was to have been five minutes added time, when an almighty row kicked off. One of the visiting players took issue with the referee about something, which was strange because his team had the ball and were heading towards our goal. The ref stopped the game, booked him, noted that it was his second yellow and sent him off. Well, tried to. It took fully two minutes to persuade him to go, during which time one of the opposition coaching staff was involved in a shoving match with some of ours. Police moved in to separate the melée and play resumed.

At the end of the match there was another confrontation in the tunnel, out of my view but I heard it. Numerous players rushed to join in. There will be repercussions I am sure.

At half time the U19 team received their medals and trophy for the Algarve U19 championships and very nice they were too. That means that next years U19 will be playing in the National U19 Division Two.

On the clubhouse noticeboard was a diatribe from the club bemoaning publicly the fact the despite Imortal having top teams at U19 and U15 level, few if any players get picked  for the Algarve representative teams. The officials favour the Faro and Olhão teams it is said.

MATCH STATISTICS

Free kicks conceded : Imortal 13, M 17
Offside : Imortal 2, M 5
Shots on target : Imortal 4, M 3
Shots blocked ; Imortal 5, M 0
Shots off target : Imortal 8, M 3
Corners : Imortal 9, M 2
Yellow cards : Imortal 2 plus assistant trainer sent from bench, M 4
Red : Imortal 0, M 1 plus one of their coaches sent off.
Match time : First half 46:21 Second Half 52:08

Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 57>
  Share Topic