Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Weather / O Clima
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

British Weather Today!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 236>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/February/2007 at 11:11
I am back now from the frozen wastes of Kent, sitting at the marina in Faro outside in the sun waiting for a bus.

'twas freezing cold with snow yesterday morning. Slushy pavements in town and where I was staying slushy everything as there aren't any pavements. And my friends dog demanded a walk, which I am obliged to do within the terms of my stay. Needless to say after 90 minutes  we ended up in front of the fire at the pub. Maybe there are some things that can be good about winter in the UK!
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Sagres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/February/2007 at 12:14
The pub is only one thing;can't think of any more for the life of me !!LOL
Sarita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/February/2007 at 11:28
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Is grey and rainy and 'ORRIBLE here today!!!  Am sat at work with a electric heater blowing right in my face trying to keep me warm!!!

3 weeks tomorrow Ill be there and to be honest dont particularly care about the weather, as long as Im there Ill be happy - of course Ill be doign a sun dance  every night til I get there!!!LOL
mr_munch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr_munch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2007 at 19:58
Sarita

Hope the next 3 weeks fly by for you.   But really I could do with 5 weeks flashing past and then I'll be sitting having a beer on the beach myself.   Well not actually myself as the wife will be there aswell.

Have a good one.

Ian
Ian
windmillhill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windmillhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2007 at 20:13
We're out there for a few days ourselves then, Ian, so we'll look out for you - now we know what you look like!
www.algarve-windmillhill.co.uk
Penthouse apartment with spectacular views
Sarita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2007 at 16:19
Thanks Ian, theres actually no need to count down the minutes any more as they seem to be going quite quickly by themselves now!!!!

Wont be long, no for you either - enjoy!!!Tongue
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2007 at 02:17
Its 2 : 10 am here and its raining.....i wonder  what its like on the Algarvian peninsula..

LETS HAVE A LOOK:   oh look its raining.

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2007 at 15:23
It rained hard much of the night and into the morning down here!
Albufeira Resident

Sarita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2007 at 15:27
Well looking out the window there is a blue sky here - something very wrong
there!!!LOL

Still freezing though - cant win 'em all!!
Bobster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/February/2007 at 17:51
Still not replaced my missing fence panels yeat.  trying to decide what kind to have, may as well replace all 22 of them in one go seeing as a friend will give us a good discount.  Actually, that's a great big lie - i need to replace the panels now that hte wind has given them such a bashing - I'd much rather spend the cash on something else instead - like a short break in Albufeira !!  Cry
mr_munch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr_munch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2007 at 08:51
Not sure about replacing my fence panels Bobster.  
Just heard on the radio that we are on flood watch with more rain to come.Cry
Might have to change them for a boat.

Ian
Bobster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2007 at 16:01
Met a chap called Noah in the pub the other night - he told me that he really regrets taking two woodpeckers on board!!  mr-munch - I have loads of wood spare to build a boat with - 22 fence panels worth to be exact - should be able to knock up something like the kontikki at least - are you game?
Bobster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2007 at 20:18
North West of England today 'B****y Lovely'.  Got three freckles already - just need another 45,000 of the little blighters, then it will look like I have a tan!! Approve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2007 at 15:21
I am sitting out in my host's UK garden in the hamlet of Golden Green, near Tonbridge, Kent. It's a bit cloudy but the sun is warm at around 16C and it is dry - has been in fact for many days now they tell me.

Earlier today people were enjoying their picnic lunches in Calverley Gardens in Tunbridge Wells. Yesterday was warmer and less cloudy.

I shall catch up on my mailbox for the next hour or so then watch some cricket followed by a short walk to the public house for dinner and some football.

Back in Albufeira Friday and I hope the weather improves there!
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/April/2007 at 14:46
Still fairly warm but a bit cloudier than yesterday. Took my mates dog for a walk this morning across the fields to Hadlow. Now watching England v Bangladesh. Have a nice day.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 236>
  Share Topic