Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Weather / O Clima
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

British Weather Today!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 218219220221222 236>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2018 at 17:42
Never mind, good old British weather will improve after Brexit - along with everything else...
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2018 at 09:36
Yes that nasty European weather will need a visa to cross the Channel to visit UK. My next visit is the last two weeks of September so rain is guaranteed in Kent then Birmingham.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/August/2018 at 09:16
The predictions that the UK summer was going to end 3 weeks ago couldn't have been more wrong.
Apart from a couple of wet days last week and the week before, it's been really quite good in North Norfolk.
Last Friday through to today have been sunny and warm - 27 the last 3 days and getting close to that again today.
We've had lots of sunshine and very little wind.
Was at Yarmouth races last night and it was still 25 after the last race at 8pm.
I had 2 good winners and came home with £80 more than I went with.
Happy days.

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/September/2018 at 07:17
Cloudy and very windy here in Canterbury, expecting around 22ºC later. No rain is on the forecast but there are a few spots on the window.
Albufeira Resident

Linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/September/2018 at 12:08
It's a lovely sunny day in the North West but very windy. Quite warm - 20. 
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2018 at 09:02
I hear that Norn Iron is likely to have a lovely day today!

Here in Canterbury another reasonably warm day expected at 21 or 22ºC but again very windy, with maybe 48mph windspeed which is an actual gale if sustained winds blow at that speed.
Albufeira Resident

bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2018 at 13:35
Indeed.....trees down, power cables down and public parks closed.

Jeez, had to put mi coat on today. C’mon over Cubsur, you’d love it.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
Linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2018 at 15:10
Originally posted by bob d bob d wrote:

Indeed.....trees down, power cables down and public parks closed.

Jeez, had to put mi coat on today. C’mon over Cubsur, you’d love it.

We've got very high winds today blowing a gale but strangely still warm. Not needing a coat yet. 
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2018 at 19:42
Been lovely at the races in Yarmouth this afternoon. Very breezy but very warm. Shorts & a t-shirt were sufficient. Lost money though Cry
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/September/2018 at 07:42
Yesterday in Canterbury was a day of howling winds, a lot of cloud but only a few spots of rain. Today looks like being a bit more civilised, but with cloud all day and not as warm, 20ºC maximum. Still, won't be sitting outside long I think as Kent should wrap up the match fairly early today.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/September/2018 at 07:29
After a night of howling gales here in Canterbury it is noticeably colder this morning than it has been, only around 13ºC. Although it's sunny now and the wind has died down a lot, we aren´t going to get more than about 16 today.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/September/2018 at 07:44
Dull, grey and cold (11ºC) in Canterbury with heavy rain forecast for this afternoon. By that time I will be well on the way to Birmingham, where it is forecast to be even colder and also raining. Next week up there does though look like being reasonable for the County Championship Division Two decider with Warwickshire. Both teams have the same points going into the last game, so please weather do not intervene!
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/September/2018 at 13:23
Just got back from playing golf this morning. Lovely day up here, plenty of sunshine, a light breeze and no rain. A bit chilly when we started at 8 but it soon warmed up.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/September/2018 at 09:00
Andrew in particular will be pleased to read that this morning in the West Midlands it a nasty, grey, rainy and cold morning. Temperature 9ºC, today at best 12ºC with rain and grey forecast for most of it.

Things had better improve considerably by this time tomorrow!
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2018 at 07:39
It did clear up a bit later but stayed cold and it's going to be cold here again today, although dry. Currently 9ºC at 0740am, not expected to be over 13 later so it's going to be longs while sitting at Edgbaston.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 218219220221222 236>
  Share Topic