Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Weather / O Clima
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

British Weather Today!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 216217218219220 236>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2018 at 21:45
My local railway station 1959. Today, only a light dusting of snow but not one train ran when there should have been 2 every hour from 6am until 11pm.

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2018 at 12:41

Our back yard last night - 5 or 6 miles from Edinburgh Airport. As you can see from the table over a foot of snow has accumulated.  Edinburgh is now boarding 7 flights including the first Jet2 of the season to Faro. It's expected to leave 4+ hours late at 14:45.  Ryanair, Easyjet and others have abandoned Edinburgh for the day.
Edit: After several hours wait the Jet2 flight was cancelled. That must has been fun for the passengers.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2018 at 13:11
Problems in Scotland also with trains cancelled in many places. I was BR salaried staff from 1962 to 68 (ended in Glasgow Central) and things were indeed completely different ... because signals and points were mainly mechanical and are now electro/mechanical, plus there were thousands of spare carriages and engines, plus line staff to fix things, where today there are few or none. To run a train, or an aircraft, they have to be in the right place at the right time, with crew and a clear route ... sometimes needing little miracles. I also travelled to Railway school in Dunbar in early 1963 .. where they had to dig a tunnel through 4 foot high snow from station to main street ... but the trains was on time !
Pyrman
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2018 at 10:22
Tonbridge early 1980's as I recall.  I took this. Note diesel locomotive pulling an electric train. We were snowed in for days. Staff couldn't get to the depots or stations, I could barely get out of my front door which was 200 yards from where I stood, camera in hand. Don't get the weather we used to.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2018 at 11:42

Ireland shut as severe weather continues in Europe

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43247205

Albufeira Resident

sidsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2018 at 19:41
When I finished work at 2pm today, it was a sunny 14C. Glorious, even for Slough!
Tomorrow? Zero degrees & snowing by 8am. What the ?%&* ????
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2018 at 05:34
Flying home today (Saturday) but really wish I wasn't
From a near 20 degrees yesterday to a "feels like" -8 today is a 28 degree difference.
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cameroncleggout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2018 at 13:58
Full Sun up here on the Fylde Coast. Just been for a stroll along Fleetwood Beach and on return home turned off the central heating
cameronout
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2018 at 14:27
lashing it down all day with big winds. Sent the wife shopping and i turned the central heating on!!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/April/2018 at 15:57
Not UK but Denmark this morning, picture from Arne who used to have the Gold Spot.

Albufeira Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/April/2018 at 11:22
Central heating turned off for the Summer, doors and windows open as its Full Sun and a sweltering 22c up here on the Fylde Coast. After lunch its a brisk walk along Fleetwoods Beach stopping off along the way for an Ice Cream or a Cool Beer. 
cameronout
Linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/April/2018 at 13:38
Yes, very nice weather today. Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/May/2018 at 10:01
10am and up here in Fleetwood on the Fylde Coast its 25c Full Sun with no breeze. Walk along the esplanade beckons I Think
cameronout
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/June/2018 at 08:26
Eastbourne, Sussex - dull grey sky and 17ºC. This must be summer. Might get 19 maybe 20 later.
Albufeira Resident

pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/June/2018 at 09:00
Just looking back a little way this morning ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNEdXUQ91Vs
Pyrman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 216217218219220 236>
  Share Topic