Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Photo sharing / Partilha de fotos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MARINA PHASE 2 CONSTRUCTION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 16>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiganut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2012 at 07:50
Originally posted by Avril Avril wrote:

I cannot see the point of continuing with the second phase when the first phase is like a ghost town. The crown plaza building is an eyesore and surely funding the finishing of that would make more sense. Half the shops down at the marina are empty and the rest you wonder how survive!
Although most of the shop units are empty,only the two nearest to the wall end remain unsold.
He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2012 at 09:30
Av, seems the developers agree, as they've stopped!
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2012 at 20:27
Stopped absolutely, wasteland now.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
tiganut View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiganut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/June/2012 at 08:27
Last time I was over,I was told that the planning permission was about to expire,& if the work hadn't started,it would have lapsed.The Marina is pretty well skint,so there is no chance of any real progress in the forseeable future.
He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins
Orada-man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orada-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/June/2012 at 16:17
[/QUOTE]Mexican is still there,they refused to sell,so they are building round it. [/QUOTE]
Well, El Panchito has not been operating for quite some time but as Cubser says I did notice building work going on and made the assumption that someone had bought it to have a go at another venture ??

Tiganut, lapse of planning permission makes perfect sense as in most countries.

New unit opening near Pipa's Bar, was told uit was some sort of Salsa Bar.

Rumour, The unfinished bit on the hill was something to do with dirty money which needed to be washed lol.

Most of the units trading well and happy, does beat me but there. Spirit Lounge also has free Wi-Fi, used it several times so Orada-Girl could Skype the family at home while I drank. Wink

Oh and there are two guys working on Market Garden, if the silver Astra Estate is there then they are, they move the crane about once a day, quite good really. Clap

Avril View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/June/2012 at 09:13
Sonae Group, which owns the Continente hypermarket brand, is preparing to invest “several million euros” in tourist projects in the Lagos area, with the main focus being the completion of two unfinished apartment towers in Ponta da Piedade.

Just read this in the resident. Maybe they'll also buy up unfinished things in Albufeira like the Crown Plaza Development, wouldnt that be good?
Orada-man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orada-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/June/2012 at 11:29
A big miss for the Marina Administration and the area in general was that Pingo Doce were involved in a €4m deal for the site behind the Giro bus stop.

The deal was progressing when the Marina Administration decided they wanted €6m so Pingo Doce backed out. The short sightedness on the Portuguese as regards the end game never ceases to amaze me.

This story was from a good source but never seen it published.

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/October/2012 at 18:02
Originally posted by Avril Avril wrote:

Sonae Group, which owns the Continente hypermarket brand, is preparing to invest “several million euros” in tourist projects in the Lagos area, with the main focus being the completion of two unfinished apartment towers in Ponta da Piedade.

Just read this in the resident. Maybe they'll also buy up unfinished things in Albufeira like the Crown Plaza Development, wouldnt that be good?

Where will they get the money from? The taxes they are not paying the Portuguese government more than likely!

Anyway, I went for a bit of a walk around the marina area this afternoon, partly to test the war wound and partly as I hadn't been down there for a good while. I was struck by the growing difference between the reasonably well presented and active marina area and the increasingly desolate appearance of the area around it.

It's hard to believe that even 25 or 30 years ago this was an area of smallholdings where people worked for a living. The old properties are all now abandoned and falling into ruin. The area that was to have been the second phase of the marina and the associated facilities is now a dusty or muddy wasteland according to season.

There's enough stuff been abandoned or dumped to pave several driveways or footpaths, drainpipes, ducting and stuff. Some is just dumped

Some has been left neatly stacked for over a year now

If you would like to see the other more general pictures I took, follow this link

http://sdrv.ms/RiCXLO
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/January/2013 at 13:28
A few months later and the placed is still blighted. How can those responsible at local, regional and national level be content to see the whole place falling into ruination like this?

Any first time visitor to the Algarve would be forgiven if they thought they had gone back to the Costas in the 1970's with its half built Algerian Ruins. (http://www.edhat.com/html/monty_python_spain.html) and this is just one small area of one town.

What a sight to greet them!

Anyway, here's the depressing series of pictures from the wasteland I can see from my window here. Taken Tuesday afternoon, 15th January.

http://sdrv.ms/13CwtOA

At least someone get a few big blokes and a truck and swipe the kerbstones for someone's drive.
Albufeira Resident

Walrus View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/March/2013 at 23:32
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

A few months later and the placed is still blighted. How can those responsible at local, regional and national level be content to see the whole place falling into ruination like this?

Any first time visitor to the Algarve would be forgiven if they thought they had gone back to the Costas in the 1970's with its half built Algerian Ruins. (http://www.edhat.com/html/monty_python_spain.html) and this is just one small area of one town.

What a sight to greet them!

Anyway, here's the depressing series of pictures from the wasteland I can see from my window here. Taken Tuesday afternoon, 15th January.

http://sdrv.ms/13CwtOA

At least someone get a few big blokes and a truck and swipe the kerbstones for someone's drive.
Makes for sad viewing Unhappy
Do not meddle in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will pee on your computer!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2013 at 07:38
Even sadder now after all this rain, even from up here! If it stops for long enough within the next couple of days I will see if I can get some pictures of the swamp. I can hardly even see it at the moment!
Albufeira Resident

J2me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J2me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2013 at 22:54
I bet that wellies can now be found for sale in the chinese shops........Approve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2013 at 10:37
Funnily enough I went in one yesterday to see if I could find a big envelope (I couldn't, a first! Something a chinese shop didn't sell.) and in the doorway was a big box of umbrellas and two pairs of wellie type boots.
Albufeira Resident

Phantom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phantom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2013 at 17:33
Wow, I cant believe development of this area has just ceased.
It could have had a lot of potential for the area if it was completed properly!

It saddens me how bad Portugal is being effected by the recession and their governments debt burdens. I really hope it doesn't end up having such a negative impact it sets the country back years and people simply stop visiting for holidays :(
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2013 at 16:07
Just been for a necessary bit of exercise down that way. Since I was last there someone has recycled (nicked) most of the fence around what were the site offices. The buildings themselves have been totally vandalised.

Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 16>
  Share Topic