Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Photo sharing / Partilha de fotos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MARINA PHASE 2 CONSTRUCTION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/November/2011 at 10:29
The rest of my pictures from Sunday afternoon. I still cannot see any resemblance between what is on the ground and what is on that representation.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=6a2a1c7daaee306d&page=play&resid=6A2A1C7DAAEE306D!8266
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Walrus View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/November/2011 at 17:36
Originally posted by tiganut tiganut wrote:

Mexican is still there,they refused to sell,so they are building round it.
Ahh, yeah, that places it roughly where I thought it was, cheers for that Big%20smile

Do not meddle in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will pee on your computer!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2011 at 10:25
No, that's not it! That orange building, believe it or not, is a waste water pumping station. The restaurant is next door, hidden in that view among the trees.I can't quite see it from my window and in any case it is raining hard but I will see if I can get a picture later.
Albufeira Resident

tiganut View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiganut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2011 at 16:41
I thought that was it,as last time I was there they had dug away the ground arond the plot,leaving it as a raised plateau,but I will definately bow to your knowledge on this Tom.
He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2011 at 16:50
Here's a picture from another angle. Only the one wall and a bit of another of the pumping station is painted orange. El Panchito (the restaurant) is tucked away in those trees. As you said and can be seen clearly in the picture, the works are taking place al around both. El Panchito looked decidedly not open. The great wall of Albufeira is to the right, the main work site to the left. Páteo water tower can be seen at the very top.

The whole area is a sea of mud and I saw no work taking place when I cycled past around 3pm this afternoon.

Albufeira Resident

Walrus View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/November/2011 at 17:32
Oh yeah, that's the place Big%20smile
Don't like the look of the clouds tho Dead
Do not meddle in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will pee on your computer!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/November/2011 at 12:55
One day I shall surprise this lot and find someone actually working on site. Yesterday afternoon the place was a muddy wasteland.

There were a couple of blokes on a ladder pottering around at the Great Wall of Albufeira, but nothing substantial has been done here for months. Do any construction experts know why it is being built with a layer of metal panels rather than concrete?

Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/November/2011 at 13:36
Tom,
If you mean the steel flat face panels, about 6' x 3' being assembled like bricks, but without an overlapping pattern, then these are the coffers to make what is known as formwork. It's like a mold, once the temporary 'mold' sides are built they cast the concrete into the 'mold', once set the formwork, making the mold, is removed leaving a concrete wall. In this case a reinforced concrete wall, that's all the steel bars, known as re bars, short for reinforcing bars, that you can see, they get cast into the concrete. This as concrete is strong in compression weak in tension whereas steel is strong in tension and weak in compression. Combine the two and hey presto, best of both worlds. That's the simplistic explanation anyway. Hope of interest, if not, you shouldn't have asked! LOL!
Andrew
windmillhill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windmillhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/November/2011 at 12:44

I can't see your photos, Tom.  Just outlines and little red crosses in boxes. Is it just me?  Never had any problems before. Confused

www.algarve-windmillhill.co.uk
Penthouse apartment with spectacular views
Avril View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/November/2011 at 13:04
I can't see them either!
Chrissy63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrissy63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/November/2011 at 15:02
Nor me!
Lifes a beach
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/November/2011 at 15:43
me neither
jamieandanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamieandanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/November/2011 at 15:50
Nor meConfused
jamieandanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamieandanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/November/2011 at 15:52
They have just reappeared as if by magic!!!
Avril View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/November/2011 at 16:59
Not on mine they havent!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
  Share Topic