Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Photo sharing / Partilha de fotos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MARINA PHASE 2 CONSTRUCTION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 16>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orada-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/November/2019 at 20:12
Good to see Tom, the labour will be back from the harvest by now for winter works.

That concrete enclosure with the scalloped sides always intrigued me.

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/December/2019 at 14:29
Not a vast amount of progress, pictures taken Sunday 29th December. The workers underground look to have been more active!

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Anthony Constantinou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony Constantinou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2020 at 12:49
Big smileCryDeadShocked
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2020 at 13:32
Some pictures taken earlier today. There is some serious drainage pipework being installed along the Varzea da Orada road, that's the one leading from the water feature towards the main road past the fields. Within the site, lampposts have appeared since my last visit. A bit previous perhaps? Not a brick has been yet laid. Some paving work has also been done.

The area between there and the great wall seems at the moment to be nothing but a spoil tip.

The back of the great wall

and the front

Now in front of that this hole has appeared with a  short trench between the wall and the existing marina.

and the trampolines and the scad jump that were in the corner have gone.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/March/2020 at 17:32
Quite of a lot of work going on today, diggers digging, scrapers scraping, rollers rolling, stuff being delivered. Nothing above ground level yet, so far as I could see.

This shows the extent of the site, west of the great wall and stretching for about 350 metres.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2020 at 09:03
A few more, taken on Thursday afternoon from Cerro D'Águia, the highest point in the area. Work continues.

Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2020 at 10:00
Mmmm, that retaining wall, most visible in first pic, has, like several others along that ridge, worried me. 
My engineers mind rings an alarm bell but no doubt it‘ll still be standing many years after me!
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2020 at 10:08
The ridge on which the mansions stand is pretty solid rock, unlike the land down below which is sand. There was plenty of evidence of ground movement down there while the site was idle.

Perhaps I will use my permitted exercise period next weekend to have a closer look around.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/April/2020 at 18:03
Not much seems to have happened over the past couple of weeks, although they are still working. A vast mound of earth is accumulating behind the great wall. There is a quite a large area, with the remains of an old farmhouse and irrigation system, that does not seem to form part of the work. That will make for a nice view from the expensive tourist residences. The last picture is of the old road that runs into the marina area where a huge drain is being laid.

Albufeira Resident

Orada-man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orada-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2020 at 20:48
Whilst this thread may be the focus of Phase 2 I thought I would share this video detailing the construction of Phase 1, four years before we hit the algarve. It's interesting to see the old cafe and lie of the land as construction progressed and I thank all those who contributed material to make it possible, feel free to share.

Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2020 at 20:53
Orada-man cant get through on that link, its saying " 404 not found"
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
Orada-man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orada-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2020 at 21:52
Originally posted by Jayjan Jayjan wrote:

Orada-man cant get through on that link, its saying " 404 not found"

Link fixed Jayjan, sorry about that
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2020 at 22:59
 Great thanks Jackson, loved it, especially the first three pics 😉

I have a few more “old” pics before the construction which I haven’t yet posted. I’ll put one up tomorrow and it will allow me to set Tom another challenge, your mission, should you wish to accept... sort of thing!
Andrew
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2020 at 23:23
Orada-man if its fixed   why can you not unfix it for others to see or is it just exclusive to your friends? 
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2020 at 09:47
JJ, the link in the 20.48 post is alive and working. I used it and after reading your last post and have had two relatives click it, as a double and treble check, and it works.
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 16>
  Share Topic