Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Photo sharing / Partilha de fotos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MARINA PHASE 2 CONSTRUCTION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 16>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/June/2019 at 17:03
Not much going on. A digger was clearing away some undergrowth. At the Great Wall, the centre section has  been cleared. Operatives were busy straightening the rebar which has been cut back to maybe two metres in height. A tall screening wall has appeared on one side.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/July/2019 at 15:03
Little sign of any real progress except at the Great Wall. To what ultimate purpose this is being rebuilt baffles me.

Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/July/2019 at 21:25
It’s going to be a retaining wall Tom, hence all that soil or spoil stacked up, once it’s built and cured that spoil will be dozzered in.
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/July/2019 at 09:45
Certainly there is a growing pile of soil behind it. So what will be there I wonder?

The wall still looks horribly ugly. Perhaps the marina should have a design competition before it gets covered in graffiti.
Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/August/2019 at 09:58
Noticed the appearance of this sign, does that shed any light on what’s being done?

Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/August/2019 at 12:27
Roughly translated important items. Some are bit too legalese for me.

Size of the site on which the buildings will stand - 28, 271 sq metres
Total construction area - 39,400 sq metres
Maximum floors above ground level - 6
Number of apartments - 377 (who the (&%$/% is going to buy them?)
24 blocks of them
Services, shops and 'industry' (?) - 7 blocks in all.
I car park.

Project to take 60 months ie 5 years to completion. Wanna bet?

About time I had another look around, not that I can see anyone working when I look out of thewindow.
Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/August/2019 at 18:18
Cheers Tom,
Have to say, from what I’ve seen here over past twelve years, I won’t be taking your offer on the five year bet up!
That said, what odds you offering? Lol!
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/August/2019 at 19:00
One will consider!

Anyway, the great wall is all but complete. I now know why it has been built.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/August/2019 at 19:12
As for the rest, the site is obviously closed. Maybe just for the holidays...

The mound of earth behind the wall is almost as tall as the wall itself. On the main site, some more land has been cleared and some trenches dug for power and fibre-optics. But no substantial work yet.

Some material for your water feature perhaps?

Finally, remember that lamp-post in the middle of the road? Had to happen! )No, not  the car in the picture.)

Albufeira Resident

Orada-man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orada-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2019 at 21:38
Tom/Andrew, the great wall was always intended to be a retaining wall for the proposed LAKE on the other side. I heard there were endless discussions regarding whether it would be freah or sea water and who would suck up the cost.

Regarding the 5 year thing, I fully know what the Portuguese are like but Phase #1 went up in 4 years start to finish, so the can do it when they get stuck in.

I will be publishing a link to a video detailing Phase #1 development start to finish in a few weeks, really interesting to see the Marina come out of just waste ground.

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2019 at 08:40
I remember the opening to the sea being created with explosives. I have lost my pictures from that time so it will be interesting to see the video.

As for a lake...seems a bit ambitious. We shall see
Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2019 at 10:12
A lake! I guess that's because there's a shortage of places round here where you can participate in water sports etc! LOL!
Andrew
Orada-man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orada-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2019 at 19:25
I spoke with a few people today, we don't say lake anymore, we are now speaking more espelho de água or mirror water. The great wall is still a retainer for water and there will be some sort of feature behind with some sort of waterfall. Details on how it works, who funds the water costs etc are still sketchy. Having said that the area will be a communial area which would suggest council involvement and construction on that area will continue.

Expectations of a Marina and Orada development need to be scaled back, apart from a hotel type development all the other plots are for sale and private development so not under the scope of the onsite developers. They will continue with the infrastructure and developments they are funding, I would hope that includes the sports facilities which would maybe intice buyers, bet hey, we are in Portugal Wink
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/October/2019 at 11:44
All sounds laudable, I shall keep watch from above. Was there any mention of the wall being  painted a nicer colour than prison grey?
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/November/2019 at 14:36
No-one working today of course, so I went down to have a look. There's pipes and cables and ducts being laid, trenches being dug and it looks like a few more mounds of earth have appeared.

There are still some subsidence issues to resolve.

One of the old wells in the area.

And a large cistern. Pity they aren't used to store water any more.

Meanwhile those in the mega-expensive houses up on the hill can but watch and wonder.

And it looks like work on the Great Wall has stopped again.

Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 16>
  Share Topic