Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Photo sharing / Partilha de fotos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MARINA PHASE 2 CONSTRUCTION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 16>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2016 at 11:01
I don't post on here much but just wondered how far the man with the digger has got...
Long way to go looking at the plans for the land for sale on this website. He'll need a couple of skips at least.
http://pt.meravista.com/en/property-albufeira-algarve-portugal/land-marina-de-albufeira-121002

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2016 at 19:02
Jeeezzz, nearly ten million euro for 6500 sq metres of land!?!
I get, from the plans, that this would or could be prime real estate, but that's on plans, in reality?
I guess the empty units at the Marina wouldn't be empty for very long if this actually happened but just look back towards old town from this spot... Someone thought that would happen but it didn't. How many years is it that this half completed development was abandoned?
Andrew
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2016 at 08:50
we thought the same about the one half way up santa eulalia, behind bus stop ... but that will soon be the SANTA EULALIA PRAIA hotel... with current and projected booking levels, it is certainly possible ... at the marina, FARM village must be almost open too ... the little development just up from escalators is also being finished .. another new build at quinta do infante ... plus the moves on Oceanville ... it is all go for Albufeira 2016.
Pyrman
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2016 at 09:54
Montechoro hotel is back on line from about May too...
Biggunspaul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biggunspaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2016 at 13:00
I will be traveling to albufeira ,would anyone be interested in me taking some drone footage of the marina construction area to post on here ?
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2016 at 09:06
Sure would but make sure it's legal. I did see some electricity company people surveying power lines with one, but no doubt here a vast array of permnissions would be needed.

The marina 2nd phase build was half started then abandoned around 6 years ago, the Farm Village place down there has been moribund for about the same amount of time.

One thing I noticed about the marina build was how quickly subsidence has affected the roads and drains that were built. I hope someone has done their homework or any apartments etc built there are going to be affected by the same problem.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/April/2016 at 11:39
A few pictures around the abandoned site taken yesterday afternoon. The weather was a gloomy as it looks! There are still plenty of paving blocks and pre-cast manholes to be had if you want them.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/February/2017 at 17:04
For developments after February 2017, when it was announced that construction would recommence, please see this new item:

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/April/2017 at 11:29
Nothing happening yet. Went for a walk around the marina and the wastelands yesterday afternoon - pictures https://1drv.ms/f/s!Am0w7qp9HCpqgsBdgNpFJ1zmAuV9jg
Albufeira Resident

lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/April/2017 at 12:22
These photos are just fantastic, thanks for posting them.
my beautiful portugal
S1gh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S1gh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/April/2017 at 20:39
When we were over last month there were tipper trucks dumping a lot of earth on the site behind the concrete wall at the far end of the Marina.
I thought this area was going to be built on and normally you'd dig out for new builds not fill it up.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/April/2017 at 09:23
Yes I spotted that and elsewhere nearby. Looks like a lot of the area is just being used a dump for spoil, legally or otherwise who knows?

The plans I remember show there should be big holes there filled with water.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2019 at 09:40
Time to resurrect perhaps? The site from high up on Cerro D'Aguia yesterday on a slightly murky afternoon. Not much going on.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/March/2019 at 10:13
On Wednesday afternoon there was some minor work taking palce. Mostly I saw a load of blokes busy doing a lot of not very much . It looks like some land is being levelled off and there are big trenches across the site being dug for drains etc.

A new straighter road is being laid to come up from the marina to the road that goes past on the other side by the sailing and fishing club.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/June/2019 at 11:58
Not much going on it seems. Picture taken from my roof earlier today. I will see if I can get a closer look tomorrow.

Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 16>
  Share Topic