Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Photo sharing / Partilha de fotos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MARINA PHASE 2 CONSTRUCTION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 16>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Orada-man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orada-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/October/2021 at 17:11
As promised I have copied a video link to my walk around the new phase 2 development, it will be interesting to see where the habitation is going as it doesn't look like the original plans.

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/October/2021 at 18:26
Still no sign of anyone actually building anything.

Some material has been dumped here and there but the weeds are taking over in many places.

The little park is a mystery as it is still locked and barred with no-one able to use it. The nicely restored wells are a pleasant feature. Given the continuing drought, maybe they have will have start drawing water again. That strange little layby I pictured a while back is now a bus stop. The few remaining buses via Vale de Parra to Armação de Pêra, Lagoa and Portimão stop there. It's opppsite the fruit and veg stand.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/September/2021 at 10:47
Floodights have appeared around the large paved area.

I didn't see any building work proceeding.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/August/2021 at 12:20
Some limited signs of building activity. Same crowd that built the Finisterre block by the old cemetery.

Albufeira Resident

AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/July/2021 at 08:47
You would have thought so as its worth a couple of hundred Euros, plus all the cabling which could be copper.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/July/2021 at 07:23
Transformer or junction, it's been left behind like all the other surplus building material. Can't be worth anything or surely someone would have nicked it by now.

On the other side of the wall, inside the marina area, is an old portable generator and more left overs from the construction work, which looks very untidy to say the least.
Albufeira Resident

AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/July/2021 at 15:25
Junction Box looks like transformer to me by the different coloured plugs. 
Bunnyrunner View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bunnyrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/July/2021 at 13:59
Old Livestock Market, yes the arch gateway and the gatehouses at the ends have been rebuilt except for the roofs. They have had new decorative mouldings applied to restore their former glory. I guess they are still waiting for one on order for the top of the arch, as this has been left unpainted.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/July/2021 at 13:43
It's dawned on me that the nice park and playground has no toilets, at least none that I can see. The area remains fenced off. How many years before people can use it and what state will it be in then?

Elsewhere a couple of small diggers were busy moving piles of dirt around.

I am sure it will be thriving in years to come, but just now it looks very bleak.

Someone has left a kind of large electric junction box on site, cables trailing off mysteriously to a service cabinet on the other side of the Great Wall.

I hadn't noticed before, but the wall and gateway to the old livestock market (all that's left now) has been painted.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/June/2021 at 09:12
Sprinklers here are always on in the heat of day, not at night. Waste of water.

There is a low gate on side of the playground which can easily be climbed. Silly to build it so early, as no doubt it will have deteriorated by the time people actually do go on holiday and stay there.
Albufeira Resident

Bunnyrunner View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2021 at 10:12
The park area is looking great with the playground, the picnic benches and "gym" equipment. However it is all behind locked gates. It is religiously watered everyday at noon by the electronic sprinklers despite that I thought you should water in the evenings for maximum efficiency. The obvious question is when is it going to be open for use? We saw 3 children playing in the playground on Sunday afternoon, they must have shinned it up over the gate old school, as the gates were all locked. Good to know some things will never change.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/June/2021 at 09:56
The landscaping work has finished. Contractors are off site, leaving behind the usual collection of scrap and unwanted material. Anyone wanting some paving slabs, granite blocks, pipework, ducting and pallets for firewood need look no further!

The whole area has a decidedly unfinished look. I wonder when buildings will start to go up?

We know now what that huge paved area is for!

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/May/2021 at 15:05
The recreation and play area is all but complete, missing just one vital ingredient, people. I wonder how many years it will be before the apartments are built and occupied?

Now I know what part of that vast paving slab areas is for! A bath for the gulls. I believe they think the grey slabs are water. The whole area is covered in gull poo.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2021 at 10:26
It is quite a nice little park and play area that has been built in anticipation of the apartments and people coming there on holiday. I wonder if anyone will use them in the meantime?

A big pile of wood chip awaiting use

At the other end is this vast area of paving slabs, about half the size of a football pitch. More is being laid nearby.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/April/2021 at 16:55
The landscaping seems to be coming on well. No-one was working on that bit today but elsewhere there was plenty of kit and people working away.

Three metre drainpipes anyone? These have been dumped.

Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 16>
  Share Topic