Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Miscellaneous / Diverso
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

small shops and corner shops around town

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/April/2012 at 08:31
Dicey - thanks. Did you happen to notice what the opening hours are?
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/April/2012 at 13:34
Just to confirm the Ali Supers that have re-opened at Cerro Grande/Windmill Hill and Caliços (opposite the Health Centre and near Eden Resort, Clube Albufeira and Camping Albufeira) are both open 830am to 8pm every day, Sundays and most  holidays included.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/April/2012 at 18:24
As yet I cannot find out the opening times - there is a notice on the sliding door but as the door is open, you can't see what it says.

Anyway, I spent 30 minutes in there at 5pm. All the fruit & veg look very nice & fresh, the fish & meat counters are well stocked & there are 6 or 7 members of staff around.

An extended look at prices suggests that they're still around the same levels as before which is not good news. They're more expensive (+10%/15%) than the shop 100 yards away in Mira Parque & considerably more expensive (+25%) versus Pingo Doce etc. Furthermore, there are no what you would call blinding special opening offers or discounts.

The whole time I was in there I was the only customer so it begs the question of how busy they will get. They can only survive from tourists staying in Acoteias at the Pine Cliffs etc but to be honest there are virtually no tourists around this area at the moment - it's almost deserted & no busier than it was in February. If they don't have a good summer it'll be gone again in the Autumn.

The bottom line is how long will they be able to keep buying fresh stuff (fruit, veg, fish, meat etc) and chucking it out when it hasn't been sold & it's gone off. This will in turn lead to the closure of the fish & buthchers depts & they'll quickly be back to square one.

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/April/2012 at 10:54
Thanks Dicey. Also I spotted yesterday that the AliSuper in the Avenida Liberdade by the taxi stands and bus stops also is open or about to be. Will check that one out tomorrow when I top up my bus pass.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/April/2012 at 10:59
Ali Super in Avenida da Liberdade is also open, 0830 - 2000 daily. I also passed by the little one in the Rua das Telecommunicaçoes at the bottom of the hill that goes up to Floyd's bar and Cerro Branco. Shopfitters were working inside, so re-opening looks to be fairly soon.
Albufeira Resident

Walrus View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2012 at 01:36
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Just to confirm the Ali Supers that have re-opened at Cerro Grande/Windmill Hill ... open 830am to 8pm every day, Sundays and most  holidays included.
WooHoo, you are the bearer of great news sir Big smile
Do not meddle in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will pee on your computer!
Bedlam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bedlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2012 at 01:41
Originally posted by Walrus Walrus wrote:

Just to confirm the Ali Supers that have re-opened at Cerro Grande/Windmill Hill ... open 830am to 8pm every day, Sundays and most  holidays included.
WooHoo, you are the bearer of great news sir Big smile

No real need to, but I can confirm that, will just look out of my balcony......yes it is there still and they will be open at 8.30 (or maybe not , it is a Bank Holiday then)
Kaz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2012 at 16:34
Hi the Ali super at the top of Rua Vasco Da Gama nextdoor to the Calipto Bar is now open.
mystery View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mystery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/April/2012 at 08:57

Just to confirm the Ali Supers that have re-opened at Cerro Grande/Windmill Hill and Caliços (opposite the Health Centre and near Eden Resort, Clube Albufeira and Camping Albufeira) are both open 830am to 8pm every day, Sundays and most  holidays included.

Woo hoo! 
Live life to the max!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/April/2012 at 09:46
Originally posted by Kaz1 Kaz1 wrote:

Hi the Ali super at the top of Rua Vasco Da Gama nextdoor to the Calipto Bar is now open.

I don't recall this one actually ever closing so it might have passed into private ownership as many of the smaller ones did and maybe they never bothered to change the signs.
Albufeira Resident

Kaz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/April/2012 at 10:02
Yes it was closed twice over the last 2 years mainly during the winter months,  was open in Oct 2011,  closed in January when I was over  and reopened  at Easter, they seem to have had a complete fit out, but not sure if it's private owner or not, they do have the same sign.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2012 at 09:24
Yesterday, they were busy stocking up the Ali Super in Rua das Telecommunicações (that's the one near Cerro Branco) so re-opening must be imminent. How they expect to do much business with two hypermarkets within five minutes walk escapes me, but at least they are trying.
Albufeira Resident

mblingane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mblingane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/June/2012 at 19:52
Can anyone tell me what time the supermarkets near the worm roundabout close? I'm on an an evening flight in July and will want to grab essentials (water etc) before heading out for the night. Staying at the tropical sol and can see that the shop there closes at 9pm but don't think we'll be there before it closes.

Ta x
Bedlam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bedlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/June/2012 at 22:47
Modelo near Brisa Sol shuts at ten
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/June/2012 at 09:53
Does anyone know if the Ali Super in Galé has now re-opened? They were working inside when I was last over that way a couple of weeks ago.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic