Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Miscellaneous / Diverso
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

small shops and corner shops around town

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2012 at 08:26
Yes, I read that the Vale Do Lobo store had opened.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2012 at 14:49
The Ali Super opposite the Health Centre has re-opened I think. Certainly people were going in and out but I was on a bus, so couldn't be 100%.

This is the one closest to Eden Resort, Clube Albufeira and Camping Albufeira.
Albufeira Resident

steven.vanessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.vanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2012 at 15:20
Any news of the one at Cerro Grande opening again?
Walrus View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/April/2012 at 19:23
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

I can confirm that the former Alisupers in Avenida da Liberdade and also the one at the Windmill Hill end of town next to Arte Bar are both being repainted into new company colours. I didn't see anyone actually working nor were there any notices concerning re-opening. Watch this space.
Watching avidly with fingers, toes and everything else crossed too... which is getting rather painful! Tongue
Do not meddle in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will pee on your computer!
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/April/2012 at 23:16

The Ali Super opposite the Health Centre has re-opened I think. Certainly people were going in and out but I was on a bus, so couldn't be 100%.

This is the one closest to Eden Resort, Clube Albufeira and Camping Albufeira.

It is indeed, my man on the spot, Ron ( or Uncle Albert, as Floyd's Bar customers might know him ) was in there yesterday and confirmed that the shelves are fully stocked.
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/April/2012 at 23:46
well our old Alisuper in Branqueira  never closed up when all the trouble was going on and then changed its name to Arco Iris. Lovely folks too,its ok for emergency things but other than that its Pingo Doce , Lidl, or Continente.
steven.vanessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.vanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/April/2012 at 07:35

I can confirm that the former Alisupers in Avenida da Liberdade and also the one at the Windmill Hill end of town next to Arte Bar are both being repainted into new company colours. I didn't see anyone actually working nor were there any notices concerning re-opening. Watch this space.
Oops sorry never noticed this post.
Bedlam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bedlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/April/2012 at 20:04
I saw an Alisuper delivery truck parked in the delivery bay at the branch on the Guia road heading towards Repsol Garage/Algarve Camping 10 days ago......whether it was loading/unloading I know not
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/April/2012 at 08:53
See above - shop is open.
Albufeira Resident

Bedlam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bedlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/April/2012 at 09:08

See above - shop is open.

Sorry missed that, just found this though http://www.theportugalnews.com/cgi-bin/article.pl?id=1159-8

I do hope the Cerro Grande re-opens as it is very near my new place

Walrus View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2012 at 14:21
Originally posted by Bedlam Bedlam wrote:

I do hope the Cerro Grande re-opens as it is very near my new place
Surely you'd think it would be a bit of a gold mine if managed correctly?  Anyhow, I'm with you mate.
Do not meddle in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will pee on your computer!
windmillhill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote windmillhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2012 at 16:54
Just heard the Cerro Grande supermarket is due to re-open on Friday Big smile
www.algarve-windmillhill.co.uk
Penthouse apartment with spectacular views
Walrus View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2012 at 23:29
That is the best news I've heard all day Big smile
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2012 at 19:24
"Surely you'd think it would be a bit of a gold mine if managed correctly?  Anyhow, I'm with you mate."

Well, the previous owners found that holidaymakers alone could not sustain the business over a whole year, that allied to dire mis-management.

Albufeira has a huge number of supermarket and corner shops compared with towns of similar size in the UK. Don't forget that in winter this is a town of 20,000 then in July and August 100,000 are here. It's hard work to sustain a business on a few week's income as many restaurants and bars are finding out.

So as everyone leaps into their cars and heads for Algarve Shopping don't be surprised when the local shops close down.

Good luck to them.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2012 at 21:03
Update Alisuper in Acoteias.

Well, it's reopened but still under the name of Alisuper. However, it has undegone a complete refurbishment - new logo, new facia, new fidges & displays. The butcher & fresh fish counters have been reinstated as have the deli & bakery departments. The shop is now fully stocked (first time in 3 years) so all in all, it's a great improvement & it does look quite nice.

Didn't have time to do any in depth price checking so it will be interesting to see on my next visit if they are now even remotely competitive with everyone else - previously they were excessively expensive compared to the competition, both locally in Acoteias & slightly further afield in Albufeira.

And of course, pricing will ultimately be the difference between success & failure. You can "rebrand" & smarten a store up as much as you like but unless your prices are reasonably competitive then you stand little or no chance of surviving.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic