Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oceanville

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 20>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiganut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/August/2013 at 08:44
I am told that the developer topped himself recently,not certain if that is true.
He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/September/2013 at 18:58
Recalling some earlier pictures, this afternoon I pictured this comparison between the one property that is being maintained and the remainder that are not.

This is roughly in the middle of the townhouse section.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2013 at 09:01
From the back October 15th. Some more taken from the back and inside in this album http://sdrv.ms/1cFmpZ6

Albufeira Resident

crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2013 at 21:00
thanks for the photos.i was in albufeira three weeks ago beautiful weather then.It was proberbly the busiest ive seen the square for a few years.Still the best place to go.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/January/2014 at 10:20
Almost forgot these. Taken a couple of days ago. The recent warm and damp weather has encouraged the Oceanville jungle.

Albufeira Resident

lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/January/2014 at 10:46
This saga is absolutely unbelievable.
my beautiful portugal
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/February/2014 at 22:21
Very strange incident today. Whilst driving through Pateo I was in the middle of a convoy of very fancy jet black Mercedes mini buses. They were all German and had different numbers on the rear windscreens. There were also a lot of big Mercedes jeeps and a few white mini buses but mostly black. They all turned into Oceanville and being a bit of a nosey git, I turned at the Dolphins Roundabout and drove back up to Oceanville to see what was happening. All the fancy vehicles were parked and people were out taking photos. We counted 50 vehicles and there were more round the back. They took up space from the entrance right up to the round hotel. They only stayed a short time and myself and Cubsur watched dozens drive back up through Pateo a few minutes later. Very strange. Who are they? What were they doing? Rich Germans looking to invest? Who knows??
we're not brazil we're norn iron
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/February/2014 at 22:39
Perhaps they were the Men In Black.......the Aliens are Algarve Bound.
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/February/2014 at 23:19
There is a massive Merc trade event going on at Salgados Bob. They have been here for ages.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2014 at 10:20
But WTF were they doing up here at all?

That's not the first time that they have been seen.

All very odd.
Albufeira Resident

Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2014 at 10:46
They have salesmen and women (and probably big corporate clients)from all over Europe coming down for days at a time for training and glad handing, I think. This includes going out in the vehicles. Oceanville is probably one of the few places they can all park up together and take some snaps of the town and the cars before heading back to Salgados? Just a suggestion...
Jocelyn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocelyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2014 at 11:47
thanks bob d....could you see if they were taking photo's of oceanville or albufeira skyline? i heard a load of wealthy looking Arabs were up at oceanville last summer. i suppose unless we could actually find out if anyone goes inside the buildings to have a nosey, nothing going to change...

i've not heard from my solicitor in 13 months! must wing her off an email! 
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2014 at 12:25
Jocelyn, taking photos of complex and views. Most unusual.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2014 at 16:16
The convoy swept past my place around 1130 this morning but they didn't go to Oceanville.

I did. Here's the unedifying sight

Some areas are being chained off with stern warnings about guard dogs and it being private property.

Albufeira Resident

J2me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J2me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/February/2014 at 21:56
So it appears this was a bunch of Merc sales people.... looking for a photo opportunity.  If Oceanville had been sold as planned, no doubt the photo shoot would have been a success. Given reality, they didn't hang around!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 20>
  Share Topic