Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oceanville

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 20>
Author
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2015 at 23:19
What a waste!! Such a shame that this complex, which is in a lovely quiet area, is sitting there in such a dilapidated state.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/September/2015 at 09:42
It has been deteriorating for around 6 years now. Someone suggested it could be used to house about 600 refugees but it would cost millions to put it right after so long empty.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2015 at 19:07
I took a walk around this afternoon. It is really now a sad sight.

A few photos http://1drv.ms/1lMBZMm

Albufeira Resident

lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2015 at 19:56
OMG I have read a bit about this in previous posts, so, so sad, will there ever be any kind of resolution here?
my beautiful portugal
simpson View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2015 at 20:39
what a shame such beautiful views
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2015 at 22:52
I feel so sorry for the folks who paid lots of money ( & borrowed it too and still paying now) and bought off plan, (Jocelyn one of our Forum members being one of many)  never to see their money again. So sad. Its unbelievable that their isn't some form of insurance against builders going under.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
Jocelyn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jocelyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/December/2015 at 10:11
Thanks Jayjan, difficult to move on completely and forget about the place when you see the mortgage payment every month coming out of your account....

reminds me, must wing an email off to the solicitor.....have not heard from her in 18 months
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/December/2015 at 11:53
My commiserations Jocelyn. I also spotted that in some places the external lights etc have been cut down from walls by ne'er do wells and there was no sign of any security.
Albufeira Resident

sidsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sidsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/December/2015 at 19:53
Originally posted by Jocelyn Jocelyn wrote:

Thanks Jayjan, difficult to move on completely and forget about the place when you see the mortgage payment every month coming out of your account....

reminds me, must wing an email off to the solicitor.....have not heard from her in 18 months

Heartbreaking Unhappy
port princess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote port princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/December/2015 at 08:40
Yes ,
my heart goes out to you Jocelyn paying for something that you haven't got. someone must be able to do something .
Portprincess
Blacky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Blacky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/December/2015 at 22:21
Hi,
I have just found this thread and feel so sorry for the poor unfortunate people who are still suffering the consequences of this debacle after so many years.Some of you may remember me from the eyeonworldwide forum or the owners meeting at the Sao Rafael Hotel which took place in October 2007.I feel so fortunate that my lawyer Suzana managed to get me my deposit back in July 2008 because I know the vast majority did not.The very fact that this development has been allowed to deteriorate into the state it is now in reflects so badly on all concerned from the developer to the banks and the local camara as well,such a shocking waste.
Regards,
Mark Blackburn (aka Blacky)
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/December/2015 at 00:43
Well done Mark for getting your deposit  back, you must be in a minority. As said previous feel so sorry for others who have invested in this fiasco and still paying for it, never to be resolved in my eyes.
 Know how they feel  in some small way  but maybe not as much money involved,.Years ago we had  a  Timeshare when it was the in thing  in  80's  early 90's  before we owned a  property in the resort.  1 built property and 1 off plan. The off plan never got built and a couple of  years later  the owners of the resort and all the bigwigs involved ran off with all the money. Our paperwork for our timeshare  wasn't worth the paper that it  was written on, just a load of bull. Many folks were  left with loans to pay off and in dire straits. Today the place is derelect, such a shame as it was a lovely resort. The place in question is Vale Navio which a lot of forum members know about the goings on of it & been discussed previously.Why is this allowed to happen is beyond me. Dare I say C***uption. Lesson learned the hard way, trust no-one.

alloed to happen
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
Jocelyn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocelyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/December/2015 at 14:28
aw hello Mark ! there has been a couple of the old 'eye on the world' blog members that have dipped in and out of this thread over the years. i can't remember my user name, might have been hanks, but you had put me in touch with suzana da silva at the time, thanks again, she has been good at replying over the years.
nice to say hello :o) 
Blacky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/December/2015 at 17:34
Hi Jocelyn,Nice to hear from you again,such a pity for all concerned that the story didn't have a happy ending,not yet anyway.
Take care,
Mark
tiganut View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tiganut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/January/2016 at 07:01
I had dinner with a friend from Albufeira last night.He informs me that the Eden Resort owners have taken over the curved hotel building,& plan to refurbish it in the summer,& open in November.There is momement on the rest of the development as well,but that is a bit vague.
 I really hope this is true,for the sake of you owners on here.Good luck.
He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 20>
  Share Topic