Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oceanville

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 20>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/January/2016 at 11:08
I shall keep a watch on that. The area around that hotel, especially below it,  is a complete shambles of weed infested wasteland. They had better look to clearing that up or the place will be most uninviting.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/January/2016 at 15:28
Correct. They can fix up the hotel but will have to do a lot of work on the road in to make it appealing. Also, I can't imagine anyone taking on a hotel surrounded by unkept empty properties so let's hope something is about to happen on that front as well. Fingers crossed for all concerned.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
tiganut View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiganut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/January/2016 at 23:33
I understand that it is Bob,fingers crossed.
He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins
lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/January/2016 at 10:48
This is such hopeful news, I hope there is a positive outcome to the people involved.
my beautiful portugal
john2604smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john2604smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/January/2016 at 12:09
To me the apartments still look very good, I am wondering how long and how much it will take to bring them back up to speed as it is a lovely complex in a fantastic location. Maybe the people that are taking on the Hotel will sort the rest out Thumbs Up
ownersdirect P3708
steven.vanessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.vanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2016 at 09:45
Any further news on this, me and my wife were just talking about it this morning.
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2016 at 12:00
Watch this space. There may be news this week.
dela1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dela1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/April/2016 at 20:43
Hi everyone ,

I have been reading and watching this forum for a very long time but have never participated in any way until now , so here goes .
After the recent events about the hotel been taken over , my solicitor has just sent me an email stating that some funds will be coming my way after a creditors meeting on 8th April .
There are 4 levels that determine payment ,
Level 1 is for the debts of the insolvency process
level 2 is for the finances services and Social security ???
Level 3 is for creditors with registered mortgages
Level 4 is for common creditors

I am told I am level 4 and will receive a sum of money much lower that what I invested .

In my opinion I think that we are been sold off cheaply to make way for the re-sale of said appartments .
has anyone else heard from their respective solicitors on this or what do you guys think .
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/April/2016 at 16:11
I took a walk around there earlier. Nothing going on, not even any security now by the look of it.

This is still slightly odd. There is one property where the hedges are being trimmed, the grass cut and the weeds being kept at bay, until recently anyway as it looks like the hedge is just starting to grow out now.

Albufeira Resident

steven.vanessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.vanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/April/2016 at 19:12
Such a shame a fantastic complex like that going to waste, itd be our ideal location to live in Albufeira aswell. Good luck on getting some money back dela1 i really hope you do.
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/April/2016 at 21:26
So sad for all the people who have spent   hard earned money, taken out loans and still paying them back, for their dream place in the sun  with no end to the problem  of this place & worst of all no recompense as yet. If what's said is true about someone else taking it over I think its wrong that those who paid into this should lose out, after all its their money which has been used towards  building   the complex in the first place.  Some buyer  comes along  after  the builder goes bang and benefits from it. Sold to them for a song and after bankrupt administrator  fees are taken out of the proceeds, what is  owed to the banks and other institutions  etc, Joe public is last on the list and   if their lucky will get a pittance of a payout. So unfair.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2017 at 18:46
Took a little walk around this morning, a sadder sight by the day. Saw a couple of blokes mooching around, probably trying to nick something.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2017 at 15:27
The townhouse area out the back earlier this afternoon

The one on the corner has puzzled me for ages. The hedges are well trimmed, the grass inside a bit long but obviously looked after and it's the only one not completely going to rack and ruin.

Albufeira Resident

Gillian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gillian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/June/2017 at 13:14
Hi Have you any more information re Oceanville you can share with us. We are hearing nothing from our lawyer! 10 years on and no further forward what a disaster!! Money lost we fear
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/June/2017 at 08:00
I live 150 yards away and can safely say that nothing has happened and it continus to slowly fall into ruin.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 20>
  Share Topic