Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oceanville

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 20>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg09mail-temp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2012 at 01:20
Hi,
I wondered if anyone had heard news about Ocean Ville, the developers or banks?
Any update is welcome.
Thanks,
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2012 at 08:16
Still the same scene of advancing dereliction. I live just along the road.

Even the weeds have given up growing.

I have neither seen nor heard anything new for months.

Interesting though if you go to Google and tap in 'Oceanville Albufeira' the first half a dozen or so listings are for booking agencies, so anyone casual observer would be forgiven for thinking that it is an open and thriving concern!

You've prodded me to go by that way, camera in hand.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Jocelyn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocelyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2012 at 10:19
only touched base with my solicitor a few weeks back....there is no news.... 
mg09mail-temp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg09mail-temp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2012 at 23:40
Thank you for your prompt replies
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2012 at 09:49
We had a look through the fence on our way past two weeks ago and Toms words above are very true, it's no surprise that the whole thing is deteriorating, crying shame.
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2012 at 13:49
It is a sorry sight - earlier today

Albufeira Resident

Jocelyn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocelyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2012 at 14:17
oh dear...not good...wonder what it's like inside...maybe some russian billionaire could rescue the place....
Jocelyn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocelyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2012 at 14:19
thanks cubsur for that...did you see anybody? security guard?
john2604smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john2604smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2012 at 15:10
Why, Jocelyn, do you fancy that bench !!     Big smile
ownersdirect P3708
Jocelyn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocelyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2012 at 15:14
lol...i fancy breaking in and taking 'MY' flat screen tv and anything else i can get my hands on!!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/February/2012 at 08:56
Originally posted by Jocelyn Jocelyn wrote:

thanks cubsur for that...did you see anybody? security guard?

I did actually see a security guard and he saw me taking pictures. He stared for a while from about 100 yards away then went as I turned away.
Albufeira Resident

crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/February/2012 at 18:19
hi i bought a apartment at ov in 2005.I was corresponding with other owners on eye on worldwide but forum seems to have disappeared.I was in Albufeira in Oct 2011 staying at the BOA Vista apartments,near Vitorias bar.I visited ov and it wasnt good viewing and was there is nobody to talk to.Im going back over in APRIL to see if anything has changed.Still a great place to visit.
TEL
Jocelyn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocelyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/February/2012 at 19:24
Originally posted by crabman crabman wrote:

hi i bought a apartment at ov in 2005.I was corresponding with other owners on eye on worldwide but forum seems to have disappeared.I was in Albufeira in Oct 2011 staying at the BOA Vista apartments,near Vitorias bar.I visited ov and it wasnt good viewing and was there is nobody to talk to.Im going back over in APRIL to see if anything has changed.Still a great place to visit.
TEL

hi crabman...i think i remember your username from the eye on world forum....there's a few of us from the forum on a group in facebook. are you on fb? we bought in 2005 aswell...
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/March/2012 at 09:18
Oceanville looming over the town but taken from the other side, across the valley.

Albufeira Resident

crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2012 at 21:19
Hi, is anybody on this forum trying to get there deposit back and if so have you had any joy.Ive been trying since June 2008 i do remember MARK H having his deposit returned in MAY 2008 but i didnot know his solicitor name.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 20>
  Share Topic