Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oceanville

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 20>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/October/2021 at 22:14
Definitely a very strong market ... and there must be hope for Oceanville with the ancient wreck of a building opposite Boavista .. and the green-tiled building ... being renovated. The Corriera development is almost complete .. and they have opened up the `Quinta Daurada` estate at Vale Santa Maria, tractors in there today. Cant see any spaces being left untouched over the next few years. Crowne Plaza .. anyone ?
Pyrman
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/January/2022 at 15:42
Weeds are again taking over but around the back there is a group of a dozen or so large townhouses being slowly brought back to life. Not exactly a hive of activity though! Most of the jungle has been cleared and a few blokes were laying slabs. There was even some re-decoration happening inside one of the properties. A snip at around €800,000.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2022 at 13:54
Looks to me that things among those €800,000 townhouses have stopped. Took these yesterday. There has been some painting and tidying up, but I didn't see anyone working.

Albufeira Resident

Bunnyrunner View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2022 at 14:38
We walked by on Tuesday and there were a few painters painting villas and the long curved wall that leads to the kiosk type retail units.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/May/2022 at 11:26
But weeds still fairly prominent over most of the site.  I cannot somehow see people rushing to spend that much money to be surrounded by desolation!

Albufeira Resident

JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/May/2022 at 11:44
We pass this to get to our place and it’s ver6 depressing to look at . Such a shame that the local councils have no control over all these abandoned sites .
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bunnyrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/May/2022 at 14:24
Originally posted by JuliejH JuliejH wrote:

We pass this to get to our place and it’s ver6 depressing to look at . Such a shame that the local councils have no control over all these abandoned sites .

Well Julie, That is a touchy point, especially with one of my friends who lost his money (deposit) buying a property there. The council were instrumental in shutting down the hotel part because they said it didn't have the right tourist licence. The lack of cash flow caused the banks to foreclose and hey ho 14 years later we are where we are now.

I know some "cynics" on the forum think that the council were not paid the right amount of backhanders which brought about their obstructive attitude.
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/May/2022 at 14:31
Cubsur: did you notice that it looks like some of the apartments have been painted up in an ivory colour as well and have very distinctive wooden separators on the balconies, We speculated as to whether these were being used as show apartments. There are 2 on that first avenue in your pictures and 2 visible from the N526 roadside down from the Dolphins roundabout.
PateoSteve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PateoSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/May/2022 at 08:52
We have been told that Hilton hotels are interested in buying as a holiday village but this maybe just the latest in a long line of rumours.
Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2022 at 21:53
Is there any update on the situation at OceanVille?
And has Ocean View any connection to Oceanville? 

Ally
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2022 at 08:37
Half a dozen or so of the townhouses out the back have been bought up and just right for you at around €800,000 a go. I didn't see any signs of habitation when I last walked around. No new rumours I have heard about the fate of the rest of the site, which continues to sink slowly back into nature. I have some time on my hands later, so will take a walk around and snap some pictures.
Albufeira Resident

Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2022 at 08:56
Thank you

Ally
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2022 at 15:51
Things may be moving in the right direction. Painters are working hard on those townhouses, inside and out. But no sign of anything on the main site then my battery unexpectedly ran out! I will dig around some more tomorrow.

The view they are missing -

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2022 at 18:32
Some more from around Oceanville.

The view from some of those expensive front doors.

Some of the hedges have been tidied up a little.

But elsewhere the jungle is taking over.

The hotel building

And one of the apartment blocks

Albufeira Resident

PateoSteve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PateoSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/September/2022 at 08:12
It is senseless that the main area is left to slowly decay. Trying to find out why the the council seem happy for this to happen is met with a wall of silence.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 20>
  Share Topic