Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oceanville

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 20>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
john2604smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john2604smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2012 at 15:10
Why, Jocelyn, do you fancy that bench !!     Big smile
ownersdirect P3708
Jocelyn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocelyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2012 at 14:19
thanks cubsur for that...did you see anybody? security guard?
Jocelyn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocelyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2012 at 14:17
oh dear...not good...wonder what it's like inside...maybe some russian billionaire could rescue the place....
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2012 at 13:49
It is a sorry sight - earlier today

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/February/2012 at 09:49
We had a look through the fence on our way past two weeks ago and Toms words above are very true, it's no surprise that the whole thing is deteriorating, crying shame.
Andrew
mg09mail-temp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg09mail-temp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2012 at 23:40
Thank you for your prompt replies
Jocelyn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocelyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2012 at 10:19
only touched base with my solicitor a few weeks back....there is no news.... 
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2012 at 08:16
Still the same scene of advancing dereliction. I live just along the road.

Even the weeds have given up growing.

I have neither seen nor heard anything new for months.

Interesting though if you go to Google and tap in 'Oceanville Albufeira' the first half a dozen or so listings are for booking agencies, so anyone casual observer would be forgiven for thinking that it is an open and thriving concern!

You've prodded me to go by that way, camera in hand.
Albufeira Resident

mg09mail-temp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg09mail-temp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2012 at 01:20
Hi,
I wondered if anyone had heard news about Ocean Ville, the developers or banks?
Any update is welcome.
Thanks,
john2604smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john2604smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/November/2011 at 12:49
Hopefully this will be the end to this debacle and a new beginning for Oceanville and all the people who bought apartments there. It is/could be stunning. the location is excellent and the facilities are fabulous. Let's hope they get there act together !
ownersdirect P3708
Jocelyn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocelyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/November/2011 at 11:07
ah great, didn't notice the other pics....
will post if i hear anything else from my solicitor...too many rumours over the years
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/November/2011 at 10:22
There's a couple more of Sunday's Oceanville pictures at the end of this album

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=6a2a1c7daaee306d&page=play&resid=6A2A1C7DAAEE306D!8266

So, banks with money? This could be interesting with everyone else pleading poverty
Albufeira Resident

Jocelyn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocelyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/November/2011 at 17:23
stunning view eh!

I heard a rumour that the builder has gone bankrupt and the 3 banks who financed this project have stepped in...waiting for my solicitor to advise me
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/November/2011 at 17:05
The recent rain has encouraged the weeds. Here's a shot taken Sunday with the view everyone paid for but may never get.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2011 at 09:46
And we wonder why the financial services industry is held in such contempt by so many, investing money that is not theirs into hare-brained schemes. Small investors lose their money but the idiots in charge don't (often) lose their jobs.

Meanwhile in Oceanville, the weeds continue to grow, the properties slowly deteriorate through lack of maintenance and there was talk that there is subsidence under the hotel.

As it is a month or so since I took a picture. I will have a walk round there on my way out and about over the weekend.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 20>
  Share Topic