Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Currency & Exchange Rates /Câmbios
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro rate at moment.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 105>
Author
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2021 at 08:57
I have a business Euro account so depending on the rate when i transfer money in or out its always about 2 cents different. This way I always know what I am getting.   
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2021 at 13:01
Might have missed the boat here ... rate down to 1.1646 ... just nine weeks away from potential mass travel with people buying euros in advance ... bound to go down. Will buy today

... sorry rate correction  ..
Pyrman
AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2021 at 17:42
I shall hang fire for the moment as we are not coming till September but will monitor the daily rate, also I have nearly enough Euros for the hotel I bought last year when I got 1.20.
AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2021 at 17:44
Where did you get 1.645? printing mistake i presumeThumbs Up
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2021 at 08:22
1.07 for cash in town yesterday. I was surprised to see a Cambio actually open, since there is nobody here who needs to change any money and fools if they do at that rate.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2021 at 09:33
Smile Another 15 Euros this month courtesy of Her Majesty and the improving exchange rate.

Albufeira Resident

AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2021 at 16:28
A few extra beers for you if the bars were open.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2021 at 12:21
Or sixteen bottles of Sagres Preta for my now regular Saturday night virtual pub session with the chaps back in sunny England. I don't think I will save up for the grand re-opening in case it doesn't happen!
Albufeira Resident

pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2021 at 12:31
Still holding up at 1.1675 this morning ... but as soon as people start buying euros it will drop ... maybe sooner if EU bash us for stealing all the vaccines ...
Pyrman
AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2021 at 14:03
Maybe I am being pessimistic, but if the economy take off due to the vaccination program and the lack of it in Europe, going by the lockdown of Italy again and the refusal to use the Oxford vaccine we could see it rising further. 
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2021 at 11:54
You would be talking just a month or two, Alan ... and many European economies will be better off than UK because of fewer % of cases and deaths ... biggest economy Germany, 1.82 million fewer cases, 50,000 deaths fewer than UK ... France, slightly fewer cases but 35.000 deaths fewer ...  Italy, had 1 million fewer cases and 23,000 fewer deaths ... Spain, 1 million fewer cases and 50,000 fewer deaths ..  

Only four much bigger countries in the world are worse than UK for managing the virus ...   also ... Germany, Holland, France and Italy exported much more than UK last year .... and maybe consider the huge national debt built up to cope with Covid-19 in UK ... cant see them being anywhere near EU economies anytime soon .. and this will only show when everything opens up
... except our trade with EU probably will take much longer ..

maybe in a couple of years if we all holiday at home, fill up hotels, B&B`s and beaches ... buy a new car ... re-furnish our houses ..  eat out twice a week and drink ourselves silly ...
Pyrman
AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2021 at 13:17
i'll go with the last statementBeer
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2021 at 11:32
Pound crossed the 1.17 line early morning .... now 1.168 ..  you can get 1.55 with Travel FX.
Pyrman
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2021 at 10:39
A wee spike on opening theis morning ... 1.1712 now ...
Pyrman
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2021 at 16:46
Someone, somewhere, is sitting on a very large pile of €10 notes and trying very hard to get shot of them.  With 40 million or so vsits to Euroland this year not going to happen, there is no need for tourist currency exchange.

Might be worth a punt if it reaches €1,20 to £ in case travel is allowed next year.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 105>
  Share Topic