Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Currency & Exchange Rates /Câmbios
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro rate at moment.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 105>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/August/2018 at 12:06
British persons, it's time to consider cancelling your holidays. Rate for cash here is down to €1.045 = £1 today.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cameroncleggout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/August/2018 at 13:03
Daughter got some extra last minute Euros from the local PO yesterday. It cost £203 for 205 euro. No wonder Turkey. Egypt, Tunisia are booming this year
cameronout
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/August/2018 at 15:55
Not good for people who get their UK pensions transferred either. I hear there's a mass exodus of Expats from Spain.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/August/2018 at 16:20
Originally posted by cameroncleggout cameroncleggout wrote:

Daughter got some extra last minute Euros from the local PO yesterday. It cost £203 for 205 euro. No wonder Turkey. Egypt, Tunisia are booming this year

Yes I used the hole in the wall in Albuferia yesterday and only got 1.08.
Gazza View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/August/2018 at 19:52
Optimism over Brexit deal has seen sterling rise just over a cent against Euro. See how long that lasts!
Take only memories, leave only footprints
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/August/2018 at 19:59

No wonder Turkey. Egypt, Tunisia are booming this year

Are they really? P & O have changed loads of cruise itineraries to avoid Turkey “on Government advice given the ongoing uncertainty of security”. I’m afraid I will take a lot of convincing, and the passage of time, before I venture to that part of the World.
Andrew
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/August/2018 at 21:02

I'm not sure they are, the pound would have fallen against those currencies too.

Besides, on an average holiday budget the £/Euro rate wouldn't make a lot of difference - a 5 point exchange rate move on £1,000 only makes 50 Euro difference.

The rate was pretty much the same last August as it is now - looking back at my transfers I got 1.097 at the end of August last year and that was a bank transfer with Santander who only take about half a cent off the bank rate.

It's just a load of paper talk.

As for me I would prefer to be relatively safe and sound in Portugal rather than stand the risk of getting blown up, shot or dying in a hotel because of poor hygene in Turkey, Egypt or Tunisia where they were virtually giving holidays away earlier in the year.

Meanwhile, the good news is that the exchange rate here in North Norfolk remains at exactly £1 = £1.
Consequently, and thanks to fantastic weather, the place has been pretty much rammed all summer and the only danger has been getting stung by a wasp.

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2018 at 14:59

No wonder Turkey. Egypt, Tunisia are booming this year

Not sure I would call this booming in Tunisia Wink

Gazza View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2018 at 17:17
See where the exchange rate is after brexit, that's if the Tories can ever get it sorted!
Take only memories, leave only footprints
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2018 at 09:43
Originally posted by DICEYUK DICEYUK wrote:

I'm not sure they are, the pound would have fallen against those currencies too.

Besides, on an average holiday budget the £/Euro rate wouldn't make a lot of difference - a 5 point exchange rate move on £1,000 only makes 50 Euro difference.

The rate was pretty much the same last August as it is now - looking back at my transfers I got 1.097 at the end of August last year and that was a bank transfer with Santander who only take about half a cent off the bank rate.

It's just a load of paper talk.

As for me I would prefer to be relatively safe and sound in Portugal rather than stand the risk of getting blown up, shot or dying in a hotel because of poor hygene in Turkey, Egypt or Tunisia where they were virtually giving holidays away earlier in the year.

Meanwhile, the good news is that the exchange rate here in North Norfolk remains at exactly £1 = £1.
Consequently, and thanks to fantastic weather, the place has been pretty much rammed all summer and the only danger has been getting stung by a wasp.

Unless you are not a WASP, they don't take to kindly to them fooorriiners in Naafolk… Wink
Go away Duchatalet
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2018 at 10:24
We had a great hol. in Turkey a few years ago. Sadly, with the instability and civil unrest, now we wouldn't chance it. They have Muslimist radicals who want to return to the good old days. Tunisia & Egypt were idyllic until they started targeting infidel tourists. Forget cheap Lira. They couldn't pay us to go to Turkey now.
We're happy in Portugal & Spain where we're welcome - so long as we don't play bingo.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2018 at 10:34
Cash rate 1.055 for £1 yesterday, so a slight improvement for cash strapped Brits.
Albufeira Resident

RytonTyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RytonTyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2018 at 11:50
1.09 in Newcastle this morning
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2018 at 17:04
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

We had a great hol. in Turkey a few years ago. Sadly, with the instability and civil unrest, now we wouldn't chance it. They have Muslimist radicals who want to return to the good old days. Tunisia & Egypt were idyllic until they started targeting infidel tourists. Forget cheap Lira. They couldn't pay us to go to Turkey now.
We're happy in Portugal & Spain where we're welcome - so long as we don't play bingo.

Agree wholeheartedly with all that Jock.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/September/2018 at 16:31
Just in case there is anyone left who doesn't know you get a worse rate here for cash exchange than in the UK, the rate here today is 1.065 Euro to the £.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 105>
  Share Topic